CPD Porthmadog FC
Noddwyd gan / Sponsored by Cymru1.net
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
Problemau'n pentyrru / Problems mounting

Even before the ref blew his whistle for yesterday’s game we knew we had a tough challenge ahead of us.

Ruthin were on something of a revival since changing managers, apart from their setback at Druids last week.

Steve Kehoe and Grahame Austin were suspended - Steve after a poor performance from the referee against Flint

Phil Williams pulled out of the game an hour before kick off due to work commitments and Scott Sephton and Leon Newell were asked to start after being out of action for 3-weeks/month with injuries. Josh Banks played the whole game with a hamstring strain (as we had no cover in his position - Fozzy unavailable) and he could hardly move in the last 30 minutes. Dan Pyrs also played with a bruised foot

After the game started, a blatant foul on Grahame Boylan which would have resulted in a penalty, came a shocking decision. A two footed tackle on Rhys Roberts (yes the player took the ball) but look at what else he took. (See the photos of Rhys's shin and ankle following the challenge). Now the ref didn't even give a foul saying the player won the ball………..!!!!!!

What about diving in, intent, ferocity of the challenge???!!!

To Rhys's credit he played on for 75 minutes in this condition as we had no suitable replacements.
Highslide JS
Troed Rhys Roberts / Rhys Roberts' foot
   Highslide JS
Coes Rhys Roberts / Rhys Roberts' shin

Carl Owen's leg still only allows him to be a bit part player (cold weather doesn't help his condition).

Ceri James pulled his hamstring (Manager had to replace him who has not played in 3 years!!)

The referee then saw it fit (after giving nothing for the challenge on Rhys or when one of their players kicked out in the box), to send Campbell to the stands for complaining to the ref that we had been trying to substitute Ceri for 2 minutes and the ball had been out of play 3 times!!!

To add to our woes, John Owen landed awkwardly after shooting and buckled his knee, and had to be assisted in walking off the pitch (looks like a bad injury) and Gruffydd John will also be out Saturday.

So all in all I think it was something of a miracle that we had 11 players standing on the pitch yesterday, let alone win the match.

One thing that was evident despite the lack of quality and that was the fighting spirit and determination of the battered and bruised players on the pitch, giving everything to the cause.

Now our next mission is to try and ensure we have 11 players available for next weekend’s game against Penycae.”

Gareth Parry



Cysylltwch ‚ ni / Contact us