CPD Porthmadog FC
Noddwyd gan / Sponsored by Cymru1.net
Uwchgynghrair Cymru / Welsh Premier

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Rheolwr / Manager
Trafod / Discussion
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| Buckley(a) | Brymbo Broughton(h) | Bangor(h) | Halkyn(h) | Trallwng / Welshpool(h) |
| Caergybi / Holyhaed Hotspur (a) |

Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Huws Gray Fitlock Cymru Alliance League  -Sat. Dec. 15th

Holyhead Hotspur .... 4            Porthmadog ........... 1
Adrian Owen 9, 24(pen), 25.      Lee Webber 85
Dave Williams 29.

    Porthmadog, still suffering a hangover from conceding two goals in the
final two mins of last week's game against promotion rivals Welshpool, had
a disastrous opening half-hour in this game and conceded four goals. The
visitors knew that they would face a difficult task against rivals who had
transformed their season with six wins in their last seven outings, and
that was exactly how it turned out.
    Port forced a corner after 2 mins but what happened next set the tone
for the remainder of the first-half when a quick clearance caught out
defender Neil Roberts and Owen should have scored for the home team but
his finish on this occasion was weak. After 9 mins Adrian Owen made amends
for his mistake and when Fisher miscued a defensive header into his own
box, he fastened on to it and from the right of the box drove powerfully
giving Pritchard, in the visitors goal, no chance. Another counter attack
after 24 mins saw Riley break into the box where referee Richards adjudged
him to have been brought down by, Port captain, Foster.The penalty was
Owen's opportunity to score his second with a confident spot kick. A
minute later and Owen had completed his hat-trick in only 16 mins -against
his old club. This time, another long through ball following a corner,
caught out Martin Jones and gave the home side a two on one situation
which was fully exploited by Owen.
    After 29 mins the game was virtually killed off when another quick
put pressure on Pat Johnson on the right of the box. Dave Williams won the
ball and turned into the box driving low past Pritchard. At this stage it
appeared that every Holyhead attack would bring a goal. In between times
Port enjoyed the lion's share of the possession and indeed had forced four
corners in the opening 7 mins of the game. However, with Farr a lone
striker up front they failed to apply enough pressure to break down a
strong physical Holyhead defence, ably marshalled by Jason Joyce. The home
side played a simple game in the very heavy conditions and drove the long
ball at every opportunity.
    During the second period virtually the whole of the game was played in
the Holyhead half of the field but the home defence still proved difficult
to break down and Innes, in the home goal, dealt competently with most of
the balls that got through. The main threat for the visitors was Pugh with
several dangerous breaks to the bye-line but even after the introduction
of Randles as a second striker they failed to get sufficient bodies into
the box to really take advantge. The closest they came was when Caughter,
who was the driving force behind much of Port's second-half effort, almost
latched on to Pugh's low cross but was well blocked by keeper
Innes.Another Pugh cross was headed back across goal by Johnson but there
was no one on hand to finish off the move.
    The introduction of Webber for the visitors improved their aerial
from set pieces and it was he who scored Port's consolation goal after 85
mins with a 25 yd effort which took a deflection to beat Innes in the home
goal. For all Port's second-half domination this game had been won and
lost in the opening half-hour.This brings to an end Port's proud unbeaten
run, which extended for 13 league games. Port will be hoping to see
leading goalscorer Carl Owen back from injury as soon as possible to carry
on the promotion challenge, after today's setback. Holyhead, on this form,
can expect to see their march up the league continue.

Holyhead: Michael Innes, Mike Davies, Alan Doutch, Jason Joyce, Carl
Hagan, Steve Riley, Jonathan Parry, Hodgkinson, Dave Williams, Ady Owen,
Casey Jones. Subs: Carl Nichols, J Doutch, Richard Jones.

Port: Dylan Pritchard, Neil Roberts, Pat Johnson, Danny Hughes, Mike
Foster(capt), Dafydd Evans(Lee Webber), Martin Jones, Gareth Caughter,
Steve Pugh(Neil Fisher), Steve Fisher(Graham Randles), Dave Farr.

Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Huws Gray Fitlock Cymru Alliance League    -Saturday December 8th.

Porthmadog  ........ 2            Welshpool Town ......... 2
Dafydd Evans(pen) 43            Steve Bird 88
Steve Pugh 83                       Joel Kinsey 90

This was a game which Port had sewn up 7 mins from time, with the apparent
security of a two goal lead, only to suffer two minutes of defensive madness
which allowed the visitors to escape with a point. How significant the last
two mins of this game prove to be we will  know for sure at the end of
    Near perfect weather conditions and the usual immaculate playing surface
made this game, between promotion front runners, one to savour. Welshpool
were the first to threaten and Ben Kinsey should have done better when a
misplaced pass at the back gave him a clear chance on goal. Port struck back
immediately and a good through ball from Evans to Farr in the box was only
cleared at the expense of a corner. From the corner a powerful low shot from
Danny Hughes tested keeper Goodwin.
    Welshpool then enjoyed a good period of possession and a 10th min corner
was only cleared after a lengthy session of ping-pong. Cookson  tested home
keeper Pritchard with a 25yd effort and then Gary Evans and Ben Kinsey
combined well and Martin Jones did well to clear from the line. After 21
mins Patrick Johnson received a yellow card for a foul on the edge of the
box and from the free-kick Gary Evans struck the top of the bar. That was
the nearest the visitors came to scoring in the first-half and in fact
rarely tested the keeper with the home back four,marshalled by Danny Hughes,
in excellent form.
    Towards the end of the first period Port came more and more into the
game with Steve Pugh on the right an increasing threat. Cookson after 23
mins was only able to stop Pugh at the cost of a free-kick on the edge of
the area. Usually a threat going forward Cookson had to concentrate on
defensive duties and was finding Pugh difficult to hold. Then two mins
before half-time the Welshpool defence cracked with Pugh cutting in from the
right into the box and this time was brought down by Joel Kinsey, who
received a yellow card. Dafydd Evans scored from the spot though Goodwin
managed to get a despairing hand to the ball.
    The second-half opened with three consecutive Welshpool corners but they
failed to capitalise on the situation. Soon Port were back on the attack
with David Parr, a hard working front man, bringing other players into the
game. He linked up well with Evans and Pugh on the right and then with
Fisher on the left but the final shots were not good enough to beat Goodwin.
Pugh was  a constant threat on the right cutting into the box and generally
giving Cookson a torrid time.
    At the other end Neil Roberts had to head off the line and Gary Evans
shot over when well placed. Evans again threatened after 80 mins and was
stopped by a well timed tackle by Johnson.
Then after 83 mins came the move which appeared to have settled a closely
contested match. Pugh chased a long ball which Goodwin seemed to have
covered, only to see the speedy wingman knock the ball past him and then
from the narrowest of angles find the net. The delighted Port players
celebrated what appeared to be a vital victory.
    The game, however,  is never over until its over. With two mins of
normal time left the Port defence, which had performed magnificently for 88
mins, twice failed to clear the ball from in front of their goal and it
eventually ran free to sub Steve Bird on the left and his low shot found the
Then in the final minute the impossible happened. Port conceded a free-kick
on the right and Joel Kinsey rose unopposed to head the ball down and under
home keeper Dylan Pritchard's body into the net.
    It was now Welshpool's turn to celebrate. The visitors will consider it
a point gained while the home team will undoubtedly consider it a case of
two ponts lost.

Port: Dylan Pritchard, Neil Roberts, Patrick Johnson, Danny Hughes, Mike
Foster(capt) Steve Pugh, Dafydd Evans, Martin Jones (Lee Webber), Gareth
Caughter ( Neil Fisher), Steve Fisher, Dave Farr (Graham Randles).

Weshpool: Goodwin, Mark Roberts, Cookson, Ingram, Martin Evans, Joel Kinsey,
Ben Kinsey( Ian Evans), Gary Evans, Frank Mottram(Steve Bird), Chris
Roberts, Geraint Windsor(McGill)

Gareth Williams.
Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Huws Gray Fitlock Cymru Alliance League  Nov.24th

Porthmadog ...3      Halkyn Utd ...... 0
Carl Owen 44.
Steve Pugh 60.
Dafydd Evans (pen) 70

It was back to the league for both sides after their differing experiences
against LoW opposition last week. Halkyn, following their victory against
Rhayader, must have approached this fixture with some confidence. It was
Port, however, who started the brighter of the two sides and after 6 mins
Gareth Caughter was distinctly unlucky to have been adjudged offside when he
was clear on goal.
    Port failed to turn early pressure into goals and the visitors might
well have taken the lead when home keeper, Dylan Pritchard, failed to gather
a ball played in from the left. Nathan Jones was the first to react and
Webber did well to block the shot at the far post. The visitors kept up the
pressure and Bryce's effort went inches over the bar after 21 mins and three
mins later Dylan Pritchard was called upon to touch over a shot by Knight
following a high ball into the box. The Port defence, with three at the
back, was fully stretched with Danny Hughes being called upon to keep out
Jones at the expense of a corner.

    Then after 37 mins Port made a tactical change  introducing front man
Farr in place of the extra central defender Webber. This change soon brought
results, with Port once more coming into the game and winning the ball in
midfield where Caughter,making a rare start, was showing his paces. Just
before half-time Pugh raced down the right, taking the ball to the bye-line
before sending in a low cross which was touched in at the near post by the
alert Carl Owen -his 15th goal of the season.
    It was 1-0 at half-time and the visitors must have felt that it was less
than they deserved at that stage.
    Port came out in the second period determined to add to their lead and
after 50 mins Pugh headed just over following a corner by Mike Foster. Then
on the hour the quick thinking Pugh collected a pass on the right of the box
and saw Tyrell, the visitors ' keeper, just off his line and from 18yds
floated the ball over his head and into the net. Then ten mins later and the
game was made safe when Caughter threaded his way into the box and with the
goal at his mercy was brought down by Alcock. For the second week in
succession Dafydd Evans proved his accuracy from the penalty spot and fired
the ball high to Tyrell's left.Midway through the second-half Carl Owen left
the field with a knee-injury to be replaced by Neil Fisher.

    Port could have increased their lead further when Pugh latched on to a
through ball, but Tyrell spread himself  and saved well with his legs. A
minute later Tyrell again excelled with a diving save low to his left from
Martin Jones. Halkyn were, however, not about to cave in and with 15 mins to
go introduced two subs and twice Neil Roberts had to clear with the home
defence at full stretch. The closest the visitors came to scoring was after
80 mins when Pritchard touched over a quickly taken free-kick by Darren
Johnson.Pritchard was again in action shortly before the end saving Julian
Jones' header from a right wing corner.
    For all their late pressure the visitors, whose defence had conceded a
miserly 9 goals so far this season, were unable to take anything from this
game. Halkyn slipped to only their second defeat of the season while Port
kept their unbeaten record, putting more  pressure on the current leaders

Port: Dylan Pritchard, Neil Roberts, Pat Johnson, Lee Webber( David Farr),
Danny Hughes, Mike Foster(capt), Dafydd Evans, Martin Jones, Gareth
Caughter, Steve Pugh, Carl Owen(Neil Fisher).
 Sub not used: Steve Fisher.

Halkyn Utd. Alan Tyrell,Keith Davies, Wood, Scott, Julian Jones, John Bryce,
Knight, Steve Alcock, Nathan Jones, Ian Taylor, Darren Johnson.
Subs: Gareth Thomas, Nicholas Henderson.


Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Welsh Cup 3rd Round.  Nov.17th

Porthmadog ... 1            Bangor ..... 5
Dafydd Evans 39(pen)        Marc Lloyd Williams 3, 43, 71.
                            Huw Griffiths 55.
                            Owain Jones 66.

On a day of many cup surprises there was to be no shock result at 'Y Traeth'
today for Bangor with their clinical finishing proved to powerful and
experienced for Port and underlined the differences that exist between the
Cymru Alliance and the League of Wales.
    There was, however, little in the first-half to suggest a heavy defeat
for the home side, though they had to work to overcome a defensive blunder,
after only 3 mins, when Webber misdirected his clearance into the path of
Mark Lloyd Williams who needed no second invitation and proceeded to lob the
ball over Kenny Jones and into the net. This was hardly the start that the
keeper, on loan from Bethesda, replacing cup-tied Dylan Pritchard, would
have wanted.
    Port were however soon back in the game and for long periods in the
opening half they held the upper hand with Pugh a constant threat on the
right giving Goodall a torrid time. From one of his runs Danny Hughes had
his shot blocked and two other runs in the opening 10 mins were scrambled
away for corners.
At the other end Steve Fisher received a yellow card  and from the free-kick
Blackmore headed narrowly wide.
    There was plenty of good football to entertain the large crowd as Port
continued to threaten. Carl Owen crossed for Pugh to shoot just over and
then a move by Dafydd Evans, Pugh and Carl Owen saw Owen shoot narrowly past
the post when well placed.In the end the pressure told on Goodall and he was
forced to bring Pugh down in the box after 39 mins. Dafydd Evans' cleanly
struck spot kick brought the scores level, which was no more than the home
side deserved.
    The scores remained level for only 4 mins when Simon Davies  supplied
Marc Lloyd Williams, whose run caught out the defence, and once more a
clinical finish gave Kenny Jones no chance.
    The speed with which the visitors had struck back took some of the steam
out of the home side. The opening period of the second-half was dominated by
Bangor. Almost immediately Marc Lloyd Williams was denied his hat-trick by a
a series of desperate blocks before the ball was scrambled clear.Then Paul
Roberts shot over following a cross by the dangerous Kenny Burgess who was
now coming more and more into the game along the left flank.
    Then another turning point after 54 mins when Patrick Johnson, who had
defended coolly up to that time, hobbled off to be replaced by Neil Roberts
and the defence had to be reorganised. Within a minute Bangor had increased
their lead when defender Huw Griffiths headed in at the back post from a
left wing corner and almost immediately Marc Lloyd Williams fed Owain Jones
on the edge of the box for the young defender to see his powerful shot go
narrowly wide.
    After 66 mins the same two players combined again and this time 17 year
old Owain Jones, who last season spent much time on the Port bench, made no
mistake and netted Bangor 's fourth. Marc Lloyd Williams, the game's
outstanding player, was not to be denied his hat-trick and after 71 mins a
keeping error allowed Griffiths to head down for the former Port striker to
score his third. Three goals in 16 mins had changed the game.
    For the remainder of the second-half Port enjoyed the greater share of
possession and both Farr and Carl Owen came close from well worked openings.
But there was no way back and they were unable to find their way through a
strong Bangor City defence.
    It was Port's first defeat of the season but their unbeaten league
season remains, and it is back to an important clash with Halkyn Utd at y
Traeth next Saturday.

Port: Kenny Jones, Martin Jones, Johnson (Neil Roberts), Webber, Foster,
Dafydd Evans, Danny Hughes,  Steve Pugh, Dave Farr (Neil Fisher), Carl Owen,
Steve Fisher (Gareth Caughter).

Bangor City: Priestley, Owain Jones (Cooper), Goodall (Aled Rowlands), Chris
Short, Hazeldene (Graham Brett), Huw Griffiths, Marc Lloyd Williams, Clayton
Blackmore, Paul Roberts, Simon Davies, Kenny Burgess.

Gareth Williams.
Lluniau'r Gêm / Pictures of the match.
Huws Gray Fitlock Cymru Alliance League - Nov. 10th

Porthmadog ...7             Brymbo Broughton ..2
Carl Owen 5, 11, 56         Goodwin 52.
Dave Farr 9                 Adam Owen 89.
Dafydd Evans 49
Gareth Caughter 67, 80.

The winning of the manager of the month award can sometimes prove to be a
double edged sword but no banana skins awaited Viv Williams' team this
afternoon. The home side started and finished the game unbeaten while the
visitors will have to continue their search for that elusive first league
win of the season.
    Port were in command from the start and it only took them five minutes
to open the scoring. Pugh, who had earlier put the visitors defence under
pressure with his speed and skill, cut in from the right and raced past
three defenders only to see his powerful shot well saved, at the expense of
a corner, by keeper Glen Robertson. From the corner Webber headed down for
Carl Owen to tap-in. Two more goals were added in a six minute period with
Farr scoring from 8yds after a run and unselfish pass by Steve Fisher and
then Owen, with quick reactions, scored his second with a shot on the turn
from Farr's downward header.
    Port continued to apply pressure and a Pugh flicked header which was
heading for goal was cut off by defender Adam Owen. Then a  Webber header
struck the bar from a Foster corner. Brymbo were still dangerous on the
counter-attack and forced their first corner after 26 mins when Webber
cleared under pressure and a minute later Dylan Pritchard had to make his
first save of the game from Goodwin. Port could have added to their 3 goal
tally when Carl Owen headed inches over and after 36 mins a Danny Hughes
screamer from 25 yds went narrowly over. Just before half-time Pugh, on
another dangerous run, went for goal himself when a pass to the unmarked
Owen would surely have produced a goal.
    Four minutes into the second-half and Dave Farr was brought down from
behind in the box and supplier Dafydd Evans turned scorer from the penalty
To their credit Brymbo did not give up and after 52 mins a cross from the
right by Carrigan was flicked over Pritchard by Craig Goodwin. This only
served to spur on the home side and after 56 mins a sweeping move started by
a fine Dafydd Evans pass over the defence to Pugh, on the right, saw the
winger cut the ball back for Carl Owen to complete his hat-trick and score
Port's fifth. Carrigan then came close for Brymbo with a header from
Goodwin's cross.
    Port's sixth goal came after 67 mins when the subs Caughter and Neil
Fisher combined for Caughter to score. It took a fine save by Robertson to
keep out a fierce Foster drive following a Dafydd Evans free-kick.Then after
80 mins came Port's seventh goal when Neil Fisher drove hard into the box
and Caughter touched it past Robertson. The visitors were still not prepared
to throw in the towel and a minute from time they got their second goal when
Adam Owen drove a free-kick from the edge of the box through the defence and
beyond Pritchard into the corner of the net.
    This win takes Port back to the top of a league which is now clearly
dividing itself into the top 7 or 8 teams and the rest. Wins against the
likes of Halkyn and Welshpool, who are the next visitors to the Traeth,
becomes a matter of some importance. First of all,of course, there is the
small matter Bangor City in the cup. It is all happening at 'Y Traeth' this

Porthmadog: Pritchard, Martin Jones Neil Roberts), Webber(Caughter),
Johnson, Foster, Evans, Danny Hughes, Pugh, Steve Fisher, Farr, Carl
Owen(Neil Fisher)

Brymbo: Robertson, Paul Jones, Adam Owen, Manuel, Gareth Williams, Micky
Jones, Pemberton, Matthew Williams, Carrigan, Goodwin, Aaron Davies.
Subs: TK Evans, Dion Jones, Matthew Davies.

Gareth Williams.

Huws Gray Fitlock Cymru Alliance League    -Sat. Nov. 3rd.

Buckley Town ...1  Porthmadog ....1
M. Lewis 45 (pen)  Dave Farr  14

An absorbing contest at Parc Etna, one which simmered beneath the surface
rather than errupting into explosive life. Port were first to threaten, when
dangerman Carl Owen drove powerfully from 25yds -a shot which was well saved
by Alcoft in the home goal. Pugh then attacked along the right and crossed
dangerously only for Farr to see his shot on the half-turn go over the bar.
But after 14 mins Farr outpaced everyone as he ran on to a well weighted
ball over the home defence and lobbed over the advancing Alcroft to open the
    At this stage it seemed likely that Port would comfortably add to their
tally and Carl Owen,after 20 mins, again came close after receivng a good
ball from Martin Jones.Then after the half-hour mark Buckley came more and
more into the game, though few clear chances were created. After 32 mins
Phil Hinchcliffe miscued when well placed in the visitors' box. Then the
equaliser came on the stroke of half-time when the home team were awarded an
inoccuous looking penalty -apparently for handling- by the fussy Mr. J.
Spender. The kick was well taken by Mike Lewis.
    During the second-half there was no addition to the score and this was
mainly due to good defensive work on both sides. Skipper Jeff Hinchcliffe
marshalled the home defence ably assisted by Phil Hinchcliffe while the Port
back four of Mike Foster, Richard Hughes, Martin Jones and man-of-the-match
Pat Johnson gave little away to the home attackers.
    It was a tense contest with Farr threatening on several occasions for
the visitors before injury forced him to withdraw in favour of Gareth
Caughter -a more than useful replacement. At the other end Dylan Pritchard
made a fine diving save to push the ball past the upright from home striker
Pierce. Then Lee Jones had his shot blocked from the ensuing corner.
    With 15 mins left Pugh raced through the centre of the home defence and
was only denied by a desperate safe by keeper Alcoft at the expense of a
corner. From that corner Webber was unlucky to see his shot deflected over
the bar. Alcoft was soon in action again diving at the feet of Caughter and
Carl Owen saw his header from a Mike Foster free-kick loop fractionally over
the bar.At the other end two screamers from Davis went over the bar and sub
McKenzie was just wide with a cross shot from the left.
    On 90 mins the game remained all square with the home side appearing the
happier of the two sides. Port return home with their unbeaten record intact
but with their run of straight wins ending at the 9th time of asking. Was it
a case of a point gained or two lost -only time will tell.

Buckley: Alcoft, Harrison, P Hinchcliffe, J Hinchcliffe (capt.), Scott, Lee
Jones, M.Lewis, D. Collins, Crowley, Pierce, Taylor.
Subs; L Collins, D Hardstaffe, B McKenzie.

Port: Pritchard, Martin Jones, Johnson, Richard Hughes, Foster(capt),Pugh
Danny Hughes, Webber, Steve Fisher (Neil Fisher), Farr(Caughter), Carl Owen.

Sub not used Dafydd Evans

Gareth Williams.


Cysylltwch â ni / Contact us