CPD Porthmadog FC
Uwchgynghrair Cymru / Welsh Premier

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Y Tabl / The Table
Trafod / Discussion
Ail Dīm / Reserves
Ystadegau / Statistics
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| Aberystwyth (h) | Rhyl (h) | Rhydymwyn (h) | Welshpool (a) | Prestatyn (h) | Carmarthen (a) | Airbus (h) |

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier 	-Saturday, 28th November

CPD Porthmadog ... 0		Airbus ... 1 
			Ryan Davies (og) 67'

A hat trick of consecutive wins proved a step too far for Porthmadog as they
found themselves severely tested by a pacy, skilful Airbus who put the home
defence under heavy pressure for long periods of the game. Though the
visitors thoroughly deserved their win the goal  was a huge disappointment 
for the Port defence. Credited to Mark Allen but the 'Sgorio' film clearly 
shows that it was an own goal.To concede such a goal after defending 
manfully, and managing to keep goal scoring legend Marc Lloyd
Williams in check in his 400th WPL appearance, proved a bitter pill. 

Port opened well forcing a series of corners and there were some strong
threatening runs from both Marc Evans and Paul Roberts as Aden Shannon
tested the visitors defence with some penetrating passes. But the first 15
minutes turned out to be the only period of the game when Port exerted any
real attacking pressure. Gradually Airbus weathered these early threats and
playing five at the back allowed Gio Felicielio and Ryan Edwards, the speedy
wing backs, to constantly threaten the home defence. In the 17th minute both
Marc Lloyd Williams and Carl Owen had shots blocked in quick succession as
Airbus began to dominate. Soon after Carl Owen volleyed a right wing cross
narrowly past the post and when Ryan Davies missed his kick Abraham fired a
shot from 15 yards which Richard Morgan did well to push away. Morgan was
again in action late in the half to save well from Desmoureax and at the
other end following a rare Port break Marc Evans crossed well but Shannon
could not seriously threaten Rogers in the Airbus goal. It was a credit to
the Port defence that the scores remained level at the interval.

Airbus threatened again from the start of the second half with Marc Lloyd
Williams putting a header wide and then after a good build up down the right
Jiws created an opening for Carl Owen whose shot went over the bar. Later
Jiws was put through into the box but Richard Morgan saved well down to his
left. With 65 minutes gone Port had a chance to go ahead when Marc Evans, on
a run, was sent sprawling on the edge of the box by Ashley Williams. But on
this occasion free kick specialist Aden Shannon failed to really worry
Rogers. With 67 minutes gone the all important goal came when Felicielio
directed his corner to the near post and Ryan Davies's attempted clearing 
header ended in the back of the net and proved enough to give Airbus the 
three points.The visitors scented that victory was theirs from then on in 
keeping possession well, with the game still mainly being played in the 
Porthmadog half. Jiws looking for a celebratory goal was again denied by a 
good save from Richard Morgan. Airbus ran out deserved winners at the end, 
but were made to work very hard for their win by a brave defensive 
performance and, but for one momentary lapse, could have been forced to share 
the points.

After two excellent results, against top ten opposition, this was overal a
disappointing Port performance. The control which the Parry, Pyrs and James
combination in midfield gave at Carmarthen was badly missed as Port were
forced to defend deeply which meant they were unable to keep possession and
to create anything worthwhile, with Paul Roberts left to chase hopeful punts
into the opposition half. On the positive side apart from the one sloppy
goal Port defended well denying the in form strikers a goal and that would
not have been the case last season.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Jack Jones, Mike Foster, Euron Roberts, Ryan
Davies, Dan Pyrs, Chris Jones, Aden Shannon, Paul Roberts, Marc Evans 9Mark
Thompson 71'), Gareth Parry (Stefano Antoniazzi 78'). Subs not used: Marc
Gornall, Dylan Williams (y) Meilir Ellis (y gk).
Yellow: Jack Jones 36', Chris Jones 42', Aden Shannon 46', Paul Roberts 56'.

Airbus: Kristian Rogers, Gio Felicielio, Woodward, Rhys Roberts, Mark Allen,
Ashley Williams, Desmoureax, Carl Owen, Marc Lloyd Williams, Abraham.  Subs
not used: Sudlow, McConnell. Yellow: Jack Abraham 46', Ashley Williams 74'.

Referee: Lee Evans.			Attendance: 209.

Gareth Williams.

Principality Building Society, Welsh Premier	-Saturday, 21 November.

Carmarthen Town ... 1		CPD Porthmadog ... 3
Tim Hicks 8'			Ceri James 6'
				Paul Roberts 47' 65'

An outstanding second half team performance coupled with two super strikes
by Paul Roberts, ending his own personal goal famine in emphatic fashion
gave Port a well deserved three points. This lifts them one more place up
the table. It represented Port's first win on the road and when Ceri James
scored after 6 minutes it was also their first away league goal of 2009/10.
In view of the extreme weather conditions it was a minor miracle that the
game took place at all so the Carmarthen club are to be congratulated on the
quality of their playing surface and also their ground staff, for ensuring
that the game went ahead.

Though Carmarthen were first out of the blocks with Dodds testing Richard
Morgan with a header it was Port who went ahead after only 6 minutes in
their first attack. Marc Evans' right wing corner held up in the strong wind
and Ceri James' touch had Port appealing that the ball had crossed the line.
Though the ball was cleared the linesman agreed with the Port players,
signalling a goal. Port did not hold the lead for long as Carmarthen replied
with a good move down the left and after an exchange of passes Nathan
Cotterall crossed for Tim Hicks to equalise from 10 yards. Following this
goal Carmarthen went on to dominate with Cotterall and Kris Thomas combining
down the left to open the Port defence time and again. A low shot by Tim
Hicks was gathered at the second attempt by Richard Morgan in the atrocious
conditions and Paul Fowler, cutting in from the left, wasted a good
opportunity with a wayward shot. Both Cotterall and Hicks lifted shots over
the bar when well placed and Morgan did well to keep out Cotterall's angled
shot. Gradually as the half wore on Euron Roberts, ably supported by Marc
Evans, the Carmarthen attacks down the left were stemmed. Though they were
second best for much of the half Port did have their moments and following a
good sweeping move Paul Roberts crossed for Gareth Parry whose volley was
kept out by keeper Thomas's outstretched leg. Another move down the right
ended with Shannon just failing to get on to Euron Roberts's low cross. But
at half-time Carmarthen were left to rue their missed opportunities.

This profligacy was punished immediately after the interval. Dan Pyrs burst
from midway to the edge of the Carmarthen penalty area before finding Paul
Roberts, and the striker turned inside on to his left foot and also turned
the game on its head with a 20 yard thunderbolt into the top corner of the
net. Confidence suddenly flowed through the Porthmadog team and they were
unlucky not to open a two goal margin when Neil Thomas failed to deal with
Marc Evans's corner and his weak punch would have ended up in the net but
for the thick mud on the goal line. Aden Shannon then came close to adding a
third when his curling well hit 25 yard free kick forced Thomas to pull off
a fine save, touching the ball over the bar. Soon after, however, the one
goal margin did become two when, after 65 minutes, Dan Pyrs worked another
Marc Evans corner across to the left where Paul Roberts found the space to
drill another powerful shot past Thomas.

Carmarthen's efforts to get back into the game were met by some excellent
Port defending closing down well in both midfield and at the back. They kept
possession well, passing the ball out from the back and rarely resorting to
the big boot. Unlike the opening half the home side were unable to create
any worthwhile opportunities in the second period. Nathan Cotterall did test
Richard Morgan with a 75th minute shot which needed a full length save
diving to his right. Carmarthen had to wait until injury time for their
other worthwhile second half effort, but Morgan dealt comfortably with Danny
Thomas's shot from 18 yards.

Now that Port are at last finding the net, good performances are being
turned into wins.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Jack Jones, Euron Roberts, Dan Pyrs, Ryan
Davies, john Keegan, Aden Shannon (Marc Gornall 90'), Ceri James (Steffan
Antionazzi 88'), Paul Roberts, Marc Evans (Mike Thompson 69'), Gareth Parry.
Sub not used: Meilyr Ellis (y,gk). Yellow; Aden Shannon 43'.

Carmarthen: Neil Thomas, Richard Hughes, Nicky Palmer, Smothers (Sacha
Walters), Mark Dodds, Kris Thomas, Hanford (Ben Morris 86'), Hicks, Fowler,
Pritchard (Danny Thomas 65'), Cotterall. Sub not used; Alex Squires (y).

Referee: Neil Morgan		Attendance: 173.

Gareth Williams  

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier	-Saturday, 14 November.

CPD Porthmadog ... 2		Prestatyn ... 0
Gareth Parry 51'
Aden Shannon 83'

It's been a long time coming but no one can deny that Port deserved today's
victory over their high flying opponents! A strong midfield performance laid
the platform for the first league victory of the season. Two well taken
goals from Gareth Parry and Aden Shannon provided the icing on the cake and
cheered the Traeth faithful who had braved strong winds to attend today's

The opening minutes gave no indication of what was to come. Prestatyn, with
the strong wind at their backs, had the lion's share of the ball however
they failed to turn their superiority into clear-cut chances. Ian Griffith
came closest after 22 minutes when his long range shot forced Richard Morgan
to tip the ball round the post for a corner. Jack Lewis had earlier gone
close, however his 30 yard free kick went just wide of the top left corner
of Morgan's goal.

Port weren't without chances themselves - a series of 3 corners in a row
after 16 minutes put the visitor's goal under pressure, but Ryan Davies's
header couldn't find its way through a crowded penalty box. As the half wore
on Port started to gain the upper hand. Half chances fell to Marc Evans and
Aden Shannon while just after the half hour mark the visitor's defence was
forced to head a dangerous Dan Pyrs cross past their own post. Then on 38
minutes the deadlock looked as if it had been broken when Dan Pyrs
toe-poked the ball into the net after John Dunt in the Prestatyn goal had
seemingly fallen while attempting to claim the ball. However ref J.P.
Swindley saw things differently - indicating that Dunt had been impeded.

Port came out in confident fashion in the second half, knowing that the
strong wind would now be in their favour. The lively Chris Jones saw his
shot blocked after just two minutes while the Prestatyn defence was forced
to head a dangerous Jack Jones cross for a corner a couple of minutes later.
The breakthrough came from the resulting corner. The ball fell to the hard
working Gareth Parry on the edge of the box - his initial header was blocked
but when the rebound came straight back to him, he powered a volley though a
crowded penalty area and into the back of the net. Only Port's 4th league
goal of the season, but a finish that was well worth waiting for!!

Ceri James could have doubled the lead 3 minutes later. Strong work by Aden
Shannon gave James the ball on the edge of the box, but his low drive was
straight at Dunt. Prestatyn then had their best spell of the second half.
Gareth Wilson had two long range efforts either side of the hour mark - his
second shot forced the home defence to head the ball off the line. From the
resultant corner, Paul O'Neil's header forced Richard Morgan to save well.

Port weathered the storm and went on to create more chances of their own.
Chris Jones saw a curling effort go just wide of the upright after 65
minutes and a few minutes later he was the provider with a cross-field ball
which found substitute Paul Roberts free on the right wing. The former
Wrexham player surged into the Prestatyn box but his strong shot was well
saved by Dunt. The keeper was a spectator a minute later when Aden Shannon's
30 yard free kick whistled just past his left post.

The home support were starting to worry that the numerous missed
opportunities could give the visitors a chance to get back into the game -
as had happened against Aberystwyth a few weeks ago. The frustration was
heightened when on 77 minutes Dunt again pulled off a save to prevent Chris
Jones from scoring direct from a corner. Nerves where finally settled on 83
minutes when the ball found its way to Ceri James on the edge of the box.
His beautifully weighted pass put Aden Shannon clean through and the
experienced striker made no mistake firing a powerful shot past Dunt.
Porthmadog players celebrated the goal as if they had won the cup!

A late opportunity for Steve Rodgers for the visitors went past the Port
goal, but in reality this was a comfortable victory. The first win has been
a long time coming, but few that saw Port's performances against the likes
of Aberystwyth and Haverfordwest could argue that our lowly league position
was more than a little unlucky. Lets hope that this victory can give the team
the confidence they need to battle their way up the table - just 7 points
off 12th place now!

NB - congratulations to Phil Jones and the team for producing such a good
playing surface despite the awful weather conditions.

Richard Morgan, Jack Jones, Euron Roberts, Dan Pyrs, Ryan Davies, John
Keegan, Chris Jones, Ceri James (Mark Gornall 86'), Aden Shannon (Dylan
Williams 89'), Mark Evans (Paul Roberts 59'), Gareth Parry

Emyr Gareth

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier	-Saturday, 7 November.

Welshpool Town ... 2		CPD Porthmadog ... 0
Peter Doran 59
Timmy Edwards 61

Two goals in two minutes before and after the hour mark gave Welshpool the
win which they probably deserved over the 90 minutes. Port did have their
periods of good pressure in the first half and in the latter period of the
second half but failure to score in 7 of their league games tells the story
of Port's season so far.

Port opened well enough with a Chris Jones corner creating a heading chance
for Jac Jones at the back post which went narrowly the wrong side of the
post. The home side, with the advantage of the slope, lifted high balls into
the box and when a Boardman free kick was poorly cleared George Hughes fired
over the bar. Euron Roberts for Port won the ball on the left and fed Chris
Jones whose low shot was saved down to his right by Cudworth. The game was
pretty much end to end but a long high ball from the back eluded Ryan Davies
providing Carl Lamb with a good opportunity, but his shot went wide of the
post. Peter Doran then lifted a ball from the right which took a deflection
striking Morgan's right hand post and soon after Richard Morgan had to touch
a Timmy Edwards header over the bar. But late in the half twice Marc Evans
threatened. First breaking down the right and feeding Dan Pyrs on the edge
of the area but the midfielder lifted his shot over the bar. Evans then cut
inside from the left testing Cudworth with a low shot. But at half-time the
game remained scoreless. 

Early in the second half Richard Morgan needed to save well from Carl Lamb
after a Joe Price cross. Then in the 59th minute John Keegan's clearance
struck Peter Doran who was closing the defender down. Doran followed up to
open the scoring with a low shot from 15 yards. Two minutes later and
Welshpool more or less clinched the game with a second goal. Again Peter
Doran, the game's best player, had a hand in the goal. It was his corner
from the right which was forced into the net from close range by Timmy
Edwards. Doran again threatened getting in behind the Port defence and it
needed a good save by Richard Morgan to keep it out. The latter stages,
following the introduction of Ceri James who could not start as he is still
carrying an injury, saw Port fight to get back into the game winning several
corners and free kicks but could not create a clear chance on goal. One good
build up resulted in a cross by Chris Jones but Marc Evans' shot took a
deflection and was scrambled clear. Another cross this time by Marc Evans
eluded both Gareth Parry and Chris Jones at the far post. Jack Jones lifted
a shot from distance when he saw Cudworth off his line but this went flew
wide of the post. 

This was a big disappointment for though Port matched their opponents for
long periods that two minute period in the second half settled their fate.
The figure of three goals in 10 games inevitably leaves them still searching
for their first league win  of the season.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Stefano Antoniazzi (Ceri James 64'), Euron
Roberts, Jack Jones, Ryan Davies, John Keegan, Chris Jones, Dan Pyrs, Paul
Roberts, Marc Evans (Dylan Williams 83'), Gareth Parry.
Subs unused: Mark Gornall, Steve Jones, Iddon Price. Yellow: Dan Pyrs 13',
Gareth Parry 67'.

Welshpool: Cudworth, Joe Price, Boardman, Max Peate, (Arran Pritchard 47'),
Tim Edwards, Beattie, Gareth Williams, George Hughes, Lamb (Stewart 90'),
Doran (Cronshaw 90'), Steffan Edwards. Sub not used: Adam Jenkins.
Yellow: George Hughes 17.

Referee: Darren Adie. 		Attendance: 108.

Welsh Cup Round 3		-Saturday, 31 October

CPD Porthmadog ... 3		Rhydymwyn FC ... 1
Jack Jones 21			Jay Hughes 78
Marc Evans 45
Paul Roberts 88

The final score makes the result appear more comfortable that it was in
reality. Going in 2 goals ahead at the interval, home supporters anticipated
that Port would go on to win well. But a poor second half performance
allowed Rhydymwyn to dictate matters for long periods and when Jay Hughes
brought the score back to 2-1 after 78 minutes it meant a very uncomfortable
10 minutes until Paul Roberts settled it with two minutes to go.

Starting without long serving Mike Foster and long term absentee Mike
Thompson, there were a couple of early chances for Port with Chris Jones
firing over the bar from 18 yards and then the same player being denied at
the back post when keeper Stanton made a good block. The first Rhydymwyn
opportunity came when Griffiths latched on to Cropper's free-kick but his
shot was wide of the mark. With 20 minutes gone the visitors had another
opportunity when Geary rose well at the back post to meet Liam Jones's free
kick but Richard Morgan pulled off a good save. A Port free kick a minute
later, however, produced the first goal of the game. Chris Jones's free kick
was knocked down in the Rhydymwyn penalty area and Jack Jones was on hand to
fire a low shot through the crowded box to scoring his first goal for the
club. The remainder of the half was largely unmemorable as neither side
really threatened until the final minutes of the half when Dean Hughes
lobbed over the bar when well placed. Then in added time a long ball found
the ever ready Marc Evans wide on the right. The young striker controlled
well cutting inside past the full back before widening his angle and firing
a low left footed shot just inside Stanton's near post. 

Early in the second period keeper Stanton needed to be alert when Paul
Roberts got a touch to Gareth Parry's flicked header and then Chris Jones,
in the 55th minute, broke down the left and cut inside into the Rhydymwyn
box and was unlucky to see his curling shot strike the upright. Stanton was
in action again just before the hour mark, this time to cut out a Jack Jones
cross following a good break down the right. But after this it was Rhydymwyn
who looked the more likely to score with Dean Hughes chipping an angled
effort over the bar and Griffiths coming close with a free kick from 25
yards. The visitors continued to pressurise the home defence and Geary's
header flew narrowly over the bar. Then with 78 minutes gone a ball squared
in from the right found Jay Hughes on the edge of the box and the forward
turned well to fire low into the corner of the net. With Rhydymwyn now
scenting an equaliser Dean Hughes headed and excellent Sam Jones cross over
the bar. But despite this it was Dan Pyrs for Port who came close to
settling matters when he headed Marc Evans' cross inches wide of the
upright. Then with two minutes left Paul Roberts latched on to Marc Evans's
neat flick on and getting in between two defenders fired Port's third from
12 yards.

Port had safely negotiated their second Welsh Cup banana skin and, despite
putting themselves under more pressure than was necessary, they have
achieved what they set out to achieve -a place in the last 16.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Euron Roberts, Mark Gornall, Jack Jones, Ryan
Davies, John Keegan, Chris Jones, Dan Pyrs (Cai Jones 87'), Gareth Parry
(Ceri James 81), Paul Roberts, Marc Evans. Sub not used: Richard Harvey
(gk). Yellow: Paul Roberts 46', Ryan Davies 93'.

Rhydymwyn: Stanton, Liam Jones, Shephard, Leighton, Griffiths, Harvey,
Cropper, Jay Hughes, Dean Hughes, Chris Geary, Sam Jones, Renshaw (Luke
Reece 56'). Subs not used: Kevin Thomas, Dylan Evans, Alun Murphy.
Yellow: Dean Hughes 38', Liam Jones 49'.

Referee: Matthew Bridges.		Attendance: 174.

Gareth Williams

Welsh Premier League Cup Quarter Final      -Tuesday, October 27th

CPD Porthmadog ... 1		Rhyl FC ... 4
Dylan Williams 84'		Mark Connolly 16'66'
				Matty Williams 56'88'

Mark Connolly and Mattie Williams each scored a brace to put Rhyl through to
the semi final of the League Cup in this evening's clash at the Traeth.
Though the margin of the victory probably flattered the visitors  there was
only going to be one winner as Rhyl had the skill and goal power to
capitalise on any errors whilst Port, though they had their periods of
dominance, failed once again to turn pressure into goals.

Rhyl started well and after only two minutes Paul smith fired a free kick
wide of the target. Chris Williams took advantage of the space given in
midfield to drive towards the Port box and after 14 minutes forced Richard
Morgan into a save diving to his right. The visitors took the lead after 16
minutes when Richard Morgan failed to cut out a Chris Williams corner and
could only palm the ball on beyond the far post where Mark Connolly found
space to fire an angled shot past the stranded keeper. Despite conceding a
poor goal port gradually got themselves back into the game and played some
enterprising passing football with Chris Jones, Aden Shannon and Gareth
Parry combining well. Jack Jones down the right proved a threat also but the
home side lacked the final ball to open up the Rhyl defence and half time
came with Rhyl remaining goal up though Port had enjoyed a fair share of the

Early in the second period Rhyl showed their intent when Richard Morgan was
forced into a good diving save to keep out a low drive from John Leah and
Matty Williams fired an angled shot narrowly off target. 11 minutes into the
second half Rhyl added their second when a needless free kick was yielded on
the edge of the box in a central position and Matty Williams curled his low
free kick round the wall and just inside Richard Morgan's right hand post.
Pressure now built on the Port defence and after a good Rhyl move Chris
Williams fired wide from the edge of the box. Rhyl did not have long to wait
before their third goal came and Mark Connolly was first to the ball in the
box to meet a cross from the right with a flicked header well wide of
Richard Morgan. Though three goals down, to their credit, Port showed some
spirit and no little skill, as they attempted to lift their game. They built
a head of steam and in the 81st minute the persistent Euron Roberts broke
into the box on the right and fired a low shot which Paul Pritchard needed a
second of the bite of the cherry, before completing his save. But two
minutes later the elusive goal came, and it was 17 year old sub Dylan
Williams scoring his first ever goal and that within a minute of coming on
the field, taking advantage of Mark Gornall's cross from the right to fire
low from 18 yards. Two minutes later and it could have been 3-2 as Ryan
Davies rose well at the back post to meet a Chris Jones corner but though
heading firmly it was narrowly off target. But almost immediately Rhyl broke
away with Chris Williams once again the dangerman carrying the ball for 20
yards and releasing Matty Williams for his second with a shot from 10 yards.
In the dying moments Dylan Williams came close to scoring his second with a
lob which went narrowly over the bar.
Port's League Cup run was over and interest now moves to the Welsh Cup and
the visit of Rhydymwyn which kicks off at 2pm on Saturday.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Euron Roberts, Mike Foster (Mark Gornall 42'),
Jack Jones (Dylan Williams 83'), Paul Roberts, Gareth Parry, Chris Jones,
Aden Shannon (Cai Jones 74'), Marc Evans. Subs not used: Ceri James, Meilyr
Ellis(gk). Yellow Chris Jones: 83', Paul Roberts 84'. 

Rhyl: Pritchard, Naylor, Doran, Stones, Dowling, Leah, Chris Williams,
Connolly, Matty Williams, Paul Smith (Tom Williams 81'), Kirk. Subs not
used: Horan, Strong, David Evans, Coates.

Referee: Kevin Parry. 		Attendance: 247.              

Principality Building Society Welsh Premier	-Saturday, October 24th

CPD Porthmadog ...0		Aberystwyth ...1
			Luke Bowen 87

In a game where the strong wind was the controlling factor Porthmadog
yielded all three points to a well taken late goal by Luke Bowen. This left
Port to rue the missed chances of the first half when they were the better
side. Once again lack of goal power cost them dearly as they failed to score
for the 5th consecutive league encounter.

Port dominated the possession in the early stages with the strong wind on
their backs. There were shots from Dan Pyrs and Chris Jones which went close
and a good 30 yard effort from Mike Foster which shaved the crossbar while
Graham Evans fired wide for Aber. With 21 minutes gone Port should have gone
ahead when a low cross to the near post should have been tucked away by Marc
Evans but the striker did not get a good enough connection and the ball was
scrambled away for a corner. From the corner Ryan Davies rose well but his
goal bound header took a deflection wide of the post. But two minutes later
Aber opened up the home defence with a good move down the right and it
needed a point blank save by the advancing Richard Morgan to keep out Luke
Bowen. With the aid of the wind Richard Morgan's long kick created another
opening for Marc Evans but Steve Cann got down well to turn the ball round
the post and before the half hour the same player shot tamely when well
placed. Just before the interval Paul Roberts dispossessed Aneurin Thomas on
the edge of the box and should have made more of the opportunity as the ball
was scrambled away for a corner. At the half way Port were left to wonder
why the score remained level.

Despite the advantage of the wind the expected Aber domination did not
transpire. A cross in the 56th minute from Cledan Davies provided a shooting
opportunity for Luke Bowen but he fired straight at Richard Morgan. The game
deteriorated in the second half providing little real entertainment with
neither side able to string passes together and neither were they able to
master the blustery conditions. Chris Jones for Port broke into the box on
the right after 65 minutes for one of the few shots on target but Cann saved
at his near post. The only time Richard Morgan was called to action was to
cut out a dangerous cross from the left by Cledan Davies in the 77 minute.
The introduction of Glyndwr Hughes wide on the right late in the second half
did give Aberystwyth a better attacking option. And with the game drifting
to a tame ending Hughes found a yard of space down the right sending a good
low cross to the near post where Luke Bowen under pressure got the final
touch to score, and give Aberystwyth three points which their play over the
90 minutes hardly deserved.

Once again Port created enough chances to win the game but the lack of
confidence in the box is there for all to see. To the neutral spectator it
did not look like a game between a club placed 6th in the table and one at
the bottom but unfortunately nothing will change until Port start finding
the net.

Porthmadog: Richard Morgan, Euron Roberts, Mike Foster, Dan Pyrs, Ryan
Davies, John Keegan, Chris Jones, Gareth Parry(Gareth Parry 78'), Paul
Roberts, Marc Evans, Mark Gornall(Jack Jones 68')
Subs not used: Stefano Antoniazzi, Dylan Williams, Meilir Ellis(gk). Yellow:
Mark Gornall 14', Dan Pyrs 39', Ryan Davies 68'.

Aberystwyth: Steve Cann, Steve Bowen, Kristian James,Aneurin Thomas, Sion
James, Gareth Hughes, Rob Evans (Glyndwr Hughes 70'), Luke Sherbon, Graham
Evans (Andy Evans 82'), Luke Bowen, Cledan Davies. Subs not used: Tom Bowen,
Karl Seliaters.
Referee: Huw Jones.		Attendance: 258.


Cysylltwch ā ni / Contact us