CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Y Tabl / The Table
Trafod / Discussion
Academi / Academy
Ystadegau / Statistics
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| Derwyddon Cefn Druids (h) | Llandudno (h) | Buckley (a) | Rhyl (h) | Carno (a) | Fflint (a) | Llangefni (a) |

Huws Gray Alliance League 		-Saturday,  25 September

Llangefni ... 0		CPD Porthmadog ... 1
			Dan Pyrs 85'

This dour uninspiring contest was settled by a Dan Pyrs goal five minutes
from time. With both sides having underachieved in the league this season
clearly the result was going to be more important than the performance and
the result meant three straight wins for Port in three different
competitions. Though conceding that it had been a poor game Gareth Parry
added, "There have been occasions this season where we have played well and
picked up nothing so we have to be pleased to have stuck to the task and
collected all three points without playing particularly well."

Llangefni playing down the slope were first out of the blocks and when
Darren Gowans cut across the box from the left searching for a shooting
opportunity Richard Harvey needed to be alert to tip the well struck 18 yard
shot over the bar. After weathering the early Llangefni attacks Port came
more into the game keeping possession well and building from the back. Paul
Roberts came closest to opening the scoring when he fastened on to a Marcus
Orlik header and home keeper Simon Williams saved a shot from a narrow angle
at his near post. Llangefni playing a high tempo game closed down well and
successfully disrupted Port's more elaborate build up. Llangefni were a
danger on the counter attack and pressure by Marcus Orlik was needed to
force Dean Wright to hurry his shot which flew over the bar. Darren Gowans
fired across the face of goal for Llangefni but wide, while at the other end
Simon Williams gathered a Paul Roberts header under his bar. A lacklustre
goal less first half drew to a close with Ywain Gwynedd bursting into the
Port box only to have the ball whipped off his toe by a timely Richie Owen

The second half opened much the same as the first with defences on top and
few chances created Graham Austin marshalled the home defence and Ryan
Davies and Euron Roberts were outstanding at the heart of the Port defence.
Euron Roberts was in early action at the other end with a header from a
Richie Owen corner which tested Simon Williams in goal.  Minutes later a
quickly taken Richie Owen free kick caught the home defence by surprise
putting Paul Roberts in behind the defence and Simon Williams got down well
to cut out a low cross. Llangefni were dangerous at set pieces and a Graham
Austin header from a Darren Thomas free kick was safely gathered by Richard
Harvey. A few minutes later Ywain Gwynedd was at the back post to meet a
Darren Gowans corner but lifted his shot over the bar and the same player
fired into the side netting from a narrow angle. The closest Port came to a
goal at this stage was when Iwan Williams headed down a Richie Owen free
kick into the path of the advancing Marcus Orlik whose cracking 16 yard
effort was only narrowly wide of the angle. But with five minutes left Dan
Pyrs popped up in the box to score the winner. Richie Owen's deep right wing
corner reached Jamie McDaid and the young winger promptly put the ball back
into the danger zone where Dan Pyrs reacted well to fire low past Simon
Williams from 12 yards. The goal was greeted by a mixture of delight and
relief by players and supporters alike. But before the all important three
points could be considered safe, Richard Harvey had to pull off a superb
save diving to his left following hesitation in the Port penalty area which
allowed Darren Thomas a good shooting opportunity. With time running out
another set piece almost undid Port and a Graham Austin header thundered
against the cross bar. 

But that was the final assault and the three points were safe. A first
league win lifts Port three places in the table but puts Llangefni down in
15th spot. These are still early days with much football to be played and
with many twists and turns as the season unfolds.

Porthmadog; Richard Harvey, Geraint Mitchell, Richie Owen, Euron Roberts,
Ryan Davies, Darren Jones, Jack Jones (Cai Jones 61'), Dan Pyrs, Paul
Roberts, Marcus Orlik, Iwan Williams (Jamie McDaid 82'). Sub not used: Barry
Evans, Gareth Owen. Yellow: Darren Jones 68', Ryan Davies 75'.

Llangefni; Simon Williams, Steve Kehoe, Gerallt Jones, Rick Higham, Graham
Austin, Michael Robinson, Kevin Roberts (Jamie Ashton 24'), Dean Wright,
Ywain Gwynedd, Darren Thomas, Darren Gowans. Subs not used: Lee Dixon,
warren Gibbs, Mike Innes. Yellow: Darren Gowans 14'.

Referee: John Swindley (Flint)		Attendance: 226.     

Huws Gray Cup Round 1		-Saturday, 18 September.

Flint Town United ... 1		CPD Porthmadog ... 2
Phil Molyneux 26'		Marcus Orlik 12' 52'

A couple of excellent goals, one in each half by Marcus Orlik, proved enough
to book Port's passage into the 2nd round of the Huws Gray Cup. But Port
were made to fight every inch of the way by a determined Flint outfit and
the result remained in doubt to the end. 

Neither side were quick to settle and the most prominent feature of the
early stages was the whistle of referee Gwyn Vaughan blowing up for a series
of free kicks. But with 12 minutes gone, Port opened the scoring on their
first venture into the Flint box. It was a well created effort with Cai
Jones racing on to a Geraint Mitchell ball down the right. The young forward
cut inside to the edge of the box on the right before inviting Marcus Orlik
to race on to his low curled cross. The striker timed his run perfectly and
dispatched the low cross wide of Andy Hughes left hand. This goal apart
there were few chances at either end. The returning Paul Roberts turned well
in the box but his shot was deflected into the keeper's waiting hands. But
with 26 minutes gone Shaun Beck, Flint's leading scorer, capitalised on a
miscued defensive header to fire an angled shot across Richard Harvey and
the keeper's diving save to his right proved not enough as Phil Molyneux was
on the spot to pick up the pieces tapping in from close range. The goal
lifted Flint and Shaun Beck, a minute later, fired inches over the bar and
soon after John Hill rose well in the box but could not direct Matty
Roberts' cross on target. The half ended level with another Paul Roberts
effort going straight into Andy Hughes safe hands.

Both sides upped the pressure after the interval but Port were first to put
down a marker. It was Marcus Orlik on target again, restoring the Port lead.
Orlik met a deep Geraint Mitchell cross from the right with a top quality
strike, hitting it cleanly on the volley beyond Andy Hughes into the top
corner of the net. Minutes later and Andy Hughes needed a second bite to
keep out Marcus Orlik's well struck free kick. The game was developing into
quite a battle as Richard Harvey tipped a well struck Simon Thelwell effort
over the bar and as the keeper failed to gather cleanly the Port defence
were glad to scramble the ball away. Play was now becoming more and more
frenetic calling out for a player to put his foot on the ball and direct
operations. Richard Harvey turned a Phil Molyneux free kick round the post
for a corner and when a good ball out of defence found Jamie Watkinson on
the left it needed good defensive work by Ryan Davies to force the winger
wide. Port also had their moments and a Cai Jones cross from a narrow angle
bounced to safety off the crossbar while Simon Thelwell headed Geraint
Mitchell's long range effort off the line.

To the end Flint battled to get back on level terms with the Port defence
relieved to see a Matty Roberts corner scrambled to safety and in injury
time Richard Harvey needed to be in position to keep out Shaun Beck's edge
of the box free kick. Port edged it in a typical cup-tie battle. On a day
when Rhyl, Connah's Quay, Llandudno and Llangefni went out of the
competition, Gareth Parry declared himself well pleased with the performance
and result.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Geraint Mitchell, Richie Owen, Ryan Davies,
Euron Roberts, Darren Jones, Mike Foster (Jack Jones 81'), Dan Pyrs, Marcus
Orlik ( Iwan Williams 87'), Paul Roberts, Cai Jones (Jamie McDaid 84').
Yellow: Marcus Orlik 48'.

Flint: Andy Hughes, Tom Baker, Steve Hopkins (Matty Roberts 25'), Gareth
Rees Roberts (Jamie Watkinson 68'), John Davies, Simon Thelwell, Simon Hulse
(Jon Kenworthy 81'). Yellow: Tom Baker 51'.

Referee: Gwyn Vaughan			Attendance: 120.    

Welsh Cup Round 1		-Saturday, 11 September.

Carno FC ... 1		CPD Porthmadog ... 5
Chris Gethin 53' (p)		Jamie McDaid 40'
			Marcus Orlik 59' 78'
			Dan Pyrs 74'
			Iwan Williams 77'

Despite the margin of the victory, Port supporters had to wait until a spell
of three goals, between the 74th and 78th minute, before they could relax,
knowing they would be in the hat for the second round. Territorially Port
were completely dominant for the whole of the 90 minutes but despite this,
for the best part of an hour the Spar mid-Wales club remained in the game.
It was in the last 20 minutes that a Marcus Orlik inspired Port were rampant
and could have scored three or four more.

Playing down the slope and with the wind in the opening half Port were
expected to dominate. But though they camped in the home half throughout, a
combination of over eagerness, inaccurate passing and some determined
defence by the home team -getting behind the ball in numbers- frustrated
Port. They spurned an early opportunity to settle the nerves and put their
noses in front when Marcus Orlik failed to take advantage of a spot kick
after he had been brought down by home keeper Greg Harries. The penalty
struck the bar and Jamie McDaid headed the rebound over the bar. Port
continued to attack with McDaid and Orlik off target with headers but the
best chance came when Marcus Orlik released Jack Jones whose shot from 18
yards was well turned round the post by Greg Harries. Finally with half time
approaching the visitors finally got their noses in front. A Ryan Davies
through ball created the opportunity for Jamie McDaid who held off his
marker and coolly place the ball wide of Harries' left hand from 15 yards.
During the opening half Carno managed only one shot on goal following a good
exchange of passes between Chris Gethin and Peter Rees, the latter fired
narrowly wide from 16 yards. 

Port's frustration only increased early in the second half when a Ryan
Davies foul on Rob Bennett was punished with a penalty. Chris Gethin
confidently drove the spot kick high past Richard Harvey's left hand to
level the scores. A worrying period followed with Carno beginning to use the
long ball out of defence to good effect. A 59th minute Marcus Orlik goal
striking a Gareth Owen rebound off the post into the net from close range
restored Port's lead. But sub Jordan Jones threatened with an angled shot
into the side netting and again when he almost took advantage of a poor
defensive header. Port could only start to breathe more easily when Marcus
Orlik started a purple patch of play with a clever 74th minute run going
past three defenders to the bye line, before lobbing to an unmarked Dan Pyrs
who headed in from close range at the back post. Two minutes later and the
margin was 4-1 when Iwan Williams racing into the box met an excellent Cai
Jones cross to score with a super header. A minute later and it was Marcus
Orlik's second goal breaking into the box after an exchange of passes with
Iwan Williams and firing low from 12 yards. The Orlik inspired Port were now
rampant and could have scored three or four more. Cai Jones cutting inside
fired into the side netting, Jonathan Saddler shot straight at the keeper
while Dan Pyrs fired wide after a good run from midfield.

It was a long time coming but in the last 20 minutes Port got their passing
game going and wave after wave of enterprising football at last gave the
travelling support something to shout about and feel pleased with.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Richie Owen, Darren Jones, Ryan
Davies, Gareth Owen, Jamie McDaid (Cai Jones 66'), Jack Jones (Steve Jones
74'), Marcus Orlik, Dan Pyrs, Iwan Williams (Jonathan Sadler 78'). Subs not
used: Mike Foster, Geraint Mitchell. Yellow: Iwan Williams 24'

Carno: Greg Harries, Chris Davies (Davie Jones 22'), Tomos Richards, Ben
Richards, Daniel Williams, James Davies, Rob Bennett, Daniel Pierce, Chris
Gethin, Peter Rees (Jordan Jones 63'). Subs not used: Geraint Jones, Damon
Massey. Yellow: Greg Harries.

Referee: Aled Jones (Lampeter)    

Huws Gray Alliance League		Saturday, 4 September.

Porthmadog ... 0		Rhyl ... 3
			Pearson 58'
			R Darlington 83'
			S. Rudd 87'

Even the most dyed in the wool Rhyl supporter would have to confess that the
final score line was a far from a true reflection of the play over the 90
minutes. Following an opening half which Port had totally dominated, the
first Rhyl goal arrived just before the hour mark and came very much against
the run of play. The other two goals came very late in the game when Port
were desperately chasing the game and had lost their shape at the back
searching for an equaliser which their play, throughout, had richly
deserved. What makes Rhyl a difficult team to beat is that even under severe
pressure they will battle away and when that chance comes they take it. Port
lost because they failed to score during periods when completely dominant

Port opened well with Jack Jones, Dan Pyrs and Darren Jones controlling the
midfield. The home side went close to scoring after 10 minutes when an
excellent Gareth Owen pass found Jack Jones breaking forward on the right
and keeper Costa needed to scramble his powerful near post effort away for a
corner. Only two minutes later and a cracking Marcus Orlik effort had Costa
at full stretch pulling off an excellent save diving to his right. Craig
Roberts made several clever runs down the right but his final ball in was
often too close to the keeper and from one Marcus Orlik could only shoot
into the side netting. Iwan Williams brought another save from Costa when he
met Marcus Orlik's left wing cross. Gareth Owen then tested Costa with a
downward header from a Mike Foster cross but the keeper pushed the ball
away. Rhyl, on the other hand, apart from a couple of corners only had a
couple of real effort on goal once when Lee Jones fired a shot wide of the post
from 15 yards and a cracking Gareth Owen free kick was deflected past the
post. With half time approaching Rhyl were relieved that the game was still
scoreless. There was one final Port effort before the interval when a Marcus
Orlik free kick flew just wide of the angle.

Port opened the second half as they had finished the first on the attack
with Craig Roberts wining a corner before departing with an injury. Marcus
Orlik cracked one across the face of goal and Dan Pyrs lifted a 20 yard
effort over the bar. Then with 58 minutes gone a Rhyl goal totally against
the run of play changed the game. It came following ex Wrexham star Gareth
Owen's free kick 30 yards out. Richard Harvey at full stretch pushed away a
Strong header but on hand for a simple tap in at the far post was Andrew
Pearson. Twice Ryan Davies responded with headers but to no avail. Play
became more broken now and Rhyl were finding room to hit on the break.
Gareth Owen tested Harvey with a 25 yard cracker and twice Rudd was only
narrowly off target. With the game in its final 10 minutes Rhyl struck
twice. A good exchange of passes down the left created space for Darlington
who fired powerfully past Richard Harvey, for the second goal. Minutes later
and it was 3-0 when Rudd was on hand to score from close in after Harvey had
parried an initial header.

Rhyl retain their 100% record while Port still search for their first win.
But more football like we saw today, coupled with better finishing, will
soon start producing the right results. 

Porthmadog; Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Mike Foster, Ryan Davies, Gareth
Owen, Dan Pyrs, Jack Jones (Jon Sadler 88'), Darren Jones, Iwan Williams
(Jamie McDaid), Craig Roberts (Cai Jones), Marcus Orlik. Subs unused: Steve
Jones, Richie Owen. Yellow: Dan Pyrs 37', Ryan Davies (69), Jack Jones
Rhyl; A Costa, L Jones, Dowling, Keegan, G.Strong, J Leah, Pritchard, Gareth
Owen (B Maylett 74'), A Pearson, J Toner ( S Rudd 61'), Darlington.
Subs not used: Polastina, Novarta, Courtney. Yellow: Rudd 66', Pearson 76'

Referee: Gareth Jones (Bontnewydd).     Attendance: 284

Huws Gray Alliance League		Saturday, 28 August.

Buckley Town ... 2		CPD Porthmadog ... 0
Jack Chaloner 59' 61'

This was a game decided in a three minute spell around the hour mark when
Jack Chaloner was in the right place at the right moment to score twice with
the simplest of tap-ins. Then, before they could mount a recovery, Port were
down to 10 men when Geraint Mitchell received a particularly harsh second
yellow card, from referee Ian Evans. The ball unavoidably struck his hand in
a blast from close range. Following this Buckley played with increasing
confidence running out deserved winners as Port became increasingly
desperate as they fought a losing battle.

Both sides found the blustery conditions difficult to come to terms with in
the opening half. Play was end to end with Port getting the ball into the
net after 4 minutes but was disallowed for a Cai Jones foul on the keeper.
At the other end a looping James McIntosh header gave Desmoureax a shooting
opportunity but he shot weakly at Richard Harvey. With 18 minutes gone a
Craig Roberts header from a Jamie McDaid cross looked goal bound but a
timely Stuart Woods goal line clearance saved the day for the home team. In
the 21st minute Buckley should have gone ahead when a deep cross from the
right put Leonard behind the defence, but with only the keeper to beat was
guilty of a weak finish. Immediately after Iwan Williams, for Port, broke
down the left before cutting inside, but his shot went narrowly wide. Late
in the first half both sides had opportunities to score. A Mike Foster free
kick from wide on the left was controlled well on his chest by Craig Roberts
15 yards out. He turned well in the box but his finish disappointingly
drifted wide. In added time Buckley could have opened their account when a
Leonard cross from the left created a shooting chance for Chaloner but a
poor shot meant a goal less first half.

Port opened brightly in the second period when they passed the ball around
on the ground with Jack Jones and Jamie McDaid prominent. An opening was
created for Cai Jones breaking into the box on the left but his angled shot
flew wide of the post. Then came the three minutes which changed the game.
In the 59th minute Desmoureax fired a low shot through a crowded box which
Richard Harvey partially saved pushing towards his left hand post but the
first to react was Jack Chaloner who tapped in from 2 yards. Worse was to
follow for only two minutes later and Chaloner was on hand for another
tap-in as Gareth Edwards, at the back post, side footed a Stuart Woods free
kick into the danger area and an unmarked Jack Chaloner had the simplest of
tasks from close range. Things got worse for Port as Geraint Mitchell
received his marching orders and there was no realistic way back now. The
introduction of Gary McConnell a pacy forward increased Port's problems. He
could have added to the home team's tally when he found himself in a one on
one with Richard Harvey but screwed his shot wide. Panic was now a feature
of Port's play as they resorted to long ball tactics but found the tall
figure of Gareth Edwards able to deal with the high balls thrown forward.
The introduction of Marcus Orlik from the bench brought more imagination to
the Port attacks and twice near the end Jonathan Sadler fired powerful
angled shots goal wards. From one of these Hulse, who generally had a quiet
time in the home goal, needed to be at his best high at his near post.

This was a very disappointing Port performance. In their previous two games
there have been promising patches of good passing football. But it was not
not in evidence today, as they persisted with over hit long balls which were
meat and drink for the tall figure of Gareth Edwards. In a swirling wind a
more controlled build-up was needed

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Geraint Mitchell, Mike Foster, Darren Jones,
Euron Roberts, Gareth Owen(Dan Pyrs 65'), Janie McDaid, Jack Jones, Craig
Roberts, Cai Jones(Marcus Orlik 65'), Iwan Williams(Jonathan Sadler 79')
Red Card: Geraint Mitchell (2nd yellow) 62'.

Buckley: James Hulse, Freeman, Wood, Rowlands, Gareth Edwards, Quirk,
Desmoureax, Leonard, Neil Wynne (McConnell 58'), McIntosh (Pugh 88'), Jack
Chaloner (Anthony Williams 80')

Referee: Ian Evans (Wrexham)				Attendance: 96.

Huws Gray Alliance		-Saturday, 21 August.

CPD Porthmadog ... 2 		Llandudno Town ... 3
Iwan Williams 29		Lee Thomas 43(p)
Jack Jones 31		Lee Thomas 84(p)
			Adie Hoyle 86

After looking well in control in the opening half Porthmadog allowed a two
goal advantage and the game slip badly away in the second period. Llandudno
took full advantage with Lee Thomas scoring twice from the penalty spot and
then with four minutes left Adie Hoyle completed the Maesdu club's recovery
with a cracking shot from 25 yards.

Llandudno had the first shooting opportunity following a counterattack but
Gareth Evans fired over the bar. Barry Evans, forced to play out of position
up front, was only inches wide for Port when he met an Iwan Williams cross
at the near post. Minutes later the ball was in the Llandudno net but
disallowed for a foul on the keeper.  But with 26 minutes gone Port should
have gone ahead following another Iwan Williams break down the left. Barry
Evans blasted the excellent low cross over the bar from close range when a
simple tap in was all that was needed. Port, prompted by player-manager
Gareth Parry, continued to dominate and Whitfield blocked a Jamie McDaid
effort at his near post. It was no surprise when the home side went ahead
after 29 minutes following a melee in the visitors' box and after a series
of blocked shots Iwan Williams found the net with a low shot from 15 yards.
It needed only two more minutes for Port to increase their lead when Jamie
McDaid broke down the right. The ball was squared to Jack Jones, 18 yards
out, and his powerful shot was deflected past Whitfield into the net.
Llandudno had their moments too and it needed a good Richard Harvey save to
deny Stapleton in a one on one situation. Joe Morgan's far post header
struck the top of the bar and bounced over. Two minutes before the interval
Mike Foster handled in the box and Lee Thomas converted to bring Llandudno
back into the game.

A minute into the second period Port were again on the attack as the ball
was scrambled away when Gareth Parry met an Iwan Williams corner at the near
post. But 10 minutes into the half Gareth Parry was injured in a heavy
tackle and had to leave the field. This proved a turning point as the fluent
passing game which Port had employed previously was replaced by a more
frenetic approach. Llandudno took advantage of the change and upped the
pressure considerably. A poor Port back pass put Richard Harvey under
pressure. An opportunist shot by Stapleton flew over the bar from 16 yards
as Llandudno pushed forward. It needed a fine tackle by Mike Foster to halt
Lee Thomas as he threatened Richard Harvey's goal. Harvey was again in
action going down at Evans' feet. When it appeared as though Port might hold
on to their lead in the 84th minute Mike Foster was adjudged to have fouled
in the box and for the second time Mr Pratt pointed to the spot. Lee Thomas
again made no mistake and the scores were level. But two minutes later and
worse was to happen, Adie Hoyle found himself in space in a central position
25 yards out and a superb strike curled away from the diving Richard Harvey
into the net. Llandudno had taken the game to Port in the second period and
now completed their recovery taking a win which seemed unlikely at the

Port were left to rue what had happened in the second half and the fact that
they were missing 6 of their squad suspended or unavailable cannot be used
as an excuse considering the early advantage that they held. 

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Geraint Mitchell, Richie Owen, Darren Jones
(Gareth Owen 87'), Euron Roberts, Mike Foster, Jamie McDaid ( Mark Bridge
87') , Jack Jones, Gareth Parry (Steve Jones 54'), Barry Evans, Iwan
Williams. Yellow: Mike Foster 45', Jamie McDaid 86'.

Llandudno: Paul Whitfield, Paul Roberts, Renshaw (Joe Morgan 33'), Eardley,
Duffy, Danny Hughes, Gareth Evans, Cleary, Lee Thomas, Stapleton (Hoyle
72'), Alec Williams. Subs not used: Duffield. Yellow: Cleary 53', Gareth
Evans 84', Guererro 89'.

Referee: Nick Pratt (Connah's Quay)			Attendance: 183. 

Huws Gray Alliance League, Saturday, 14 August

CPD Porthmadog ... 0			Derwyddon Cefn Druids ... 0

This was not the score line which either set of supporters would have wished
for or expected. But in fact this was far from your typical boring score
less draw. For long periods it was an end to end game with both keepers
finding themselves under serious pressure at times. This made it all the
more surprising that no one managed to get his name on the score sheet over
the 90 minutes.

The visitors were first off the mark putting the Port defence under early
pressure but without creating any clear shooting chances. Gradually Port
came more into the game and there was a good Cai Jones break down the right
but the resulting shot from Marcus Orlik went across the face of goal. In
the middle part of the half the pattern developed with Port keeping the ball
well and threatening down both flanks with young Jamie McDaid and Barry
Evans threatening. Druids on the other hand looked dangerous on the counter
attack and created several shooting chances. There were a couple of shooting
chances for Williams-Cooke and then Harris tested Richard Harvey, while
Peate's attempted over head shot flew over the bar. For Port Jack Jones
fired over the bar from distance and Marcus Orlik tested keeper Mullock. The
best Port chance came as a result of a good Barry Evans break down the left
and Mullock was relieved to scramble the ball away for a corner at his near
post. Just before half time Druids had a golden opportunity to go ahead when
George Hughes intercepted a weak Mike Foster back pass and squared it for
the unmarked Duckett whose shot struck the bar before being scrambled clear.
In added time Hesp headed Harris's free kick on to the bar. 

Druids applied the early pressure in the second period and Richard Harvey
needed to pull off a fine save off his own defender's head when Hesp's long
dangerous throw looped into the box. Soon after, another Hesp long throw
caused panic and Darren Jones and Richard Harvey between them scrambled the
ball away for a corner. Richard Harvey twice had to pull off good saves to
deny first Gareth Williams and then Marc Griffiths. But Port weathered the
early pressure and Jamie McDaid began to threaten down the right. The 16
year-old crossed low for Cai Jones and the keeper scrambled the ball clear
for a corner. Minutes later Port set up the best move of the game as Geraint
Mitchell released Jamie McDaid down the right and the winger curled the ball
into the danger zone and Cai Jones's close range header fortuitously struck
keeper Mullock and rolled for a corner. At the other end Josh Griffiths had
a clear shot on goal well saved by Richard Harvey just after the hour mark
and Duckett shot wide from 15 yards when well placed.

But the last 20 minutes belonged to Port and that despite going down to 10
men when Cai Jones received a second yellow card. They forced a series of
corners and from one of these Geraint Mitchell headed over the bar. Jonathan
Sadler after 74 minutes was unlucky when his angled shot crept agonisingly
outside the upright. Mullock was then down to save at the feet of Cai Jones.
Iwan Williams was brought down in the box but Mr Harms awarded a free kick
just outside the area. Port forced three late corners but the goal would not
come. During the late period the best Druids efforts came from Josh
Griffiths and it needed a good Harvey save to keep out Melia.

Sharing the points was probably a fair result overall. Gareth Parry, in his
first game as manager, will feel that none of the 14 players used let him
down -a sure sign that he has signed well during the close season. 

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Geraint Mitchell, Richie Owen, Darren Jones
(Steve jones70'), Euron Roberts, Mike Foster, Jamie McDaid (Iwan Williams
73'), Jack Jones, Cai Jones, Marcus Orlik, Barry Evans (Jonathan Sadler
69'). Subs not used: Mark Bridge, Gareth Parry. Red: Cai Jones (2 yellow).
Yellow: Marcus Orlik, Jack Jones.

Cefn Druids: Mullock, Mark Harris, Josh Griffiths, Hesp, Pritchard, Peate,
Gareth Williams, George Hughes, Marc Griffiths (Shannon 82'), Williams-Cooke
(Melia 40'), Duckett. Sub not used: Taylor. Yellow: George Hughes.

Referee: Andrew Harms (Rhyl)				Attendance: 258. 


Cysylltwch ‚ ni / Contact us