CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Y Tabl / The Table
Trafod / Discussion
Academi / Academy
Ystadegau / Statistics
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| Rhydymwyn (h) | Cei Connah's Quay (a) | Trallwng / Welshpool (h) | Ruthin / Rhuthun (h) [LC] |
| Bwcle / Buckley (h) | Flint (h) |

Huws Gray Alliance                         -Saturday, 5 March.

Flint Town United ... 3                    CPD Porthmadog ... 3 
Jack Abrahams 39’                           Darren Gowans 6’
Danny Sullivan 67’                            Carl Owen 16’
Lewis Denman 90’+                         Paul Roberts 80’

Port saw the victory snatched away from them deep into injury time with 
what was virtually the last kick of the game. Few travelling supporters 
could believe what was happening in a game Port had dominated in the 
opening half going two up in 16 minutes and creating enough chances to 
be well out of sight before  the half way mark was reached. A goal before 
the interval however gave the home side a lifeline and, despite being down 
to 10 men after 51 minutes, their vastly improved second half performance 
earned them a share of the points. Even though Flint drew level half way 
through the second period Port should still have won by virtue of an 80th 
minute goal, but failure to close the game down in the closing stages cost 
them dearly.  

After two home league defeats their manager’s pre-match words must have 
been ringing in their ears and they were certainly having an effect as 
Port set about their opponents forcing them back into their own half. 
From the start Dan Pyrs and Gareth Jones Evans were running the midfield 
and both in their turn were influential  creating openings for two early 
goals. Dan Pyrs, after only 6 minutes, broke from centre field and  lifted 
the ball over the defence for Darren Gowans to race on to, control well and 
fire low past the advancing Andy Metcalfe to open the scoring. Rhys Roberts, 
who scored twice last week, was soon in the action as he twice rose at the 
back post to meet set piece crosses but was unlucky to see his headers drift 
narrowly wide. But we did not have to wait long before Port deservedly 
increased their lead. It was Gareth Jones Evans who won the ball in midfield 
before rounding two defenders as he broke diagonally to the right of the box 
and crossing superbly to the back post where Carl Owen rose between two defenders   
to score with an emphatic header.  More goals seemed on the cards as Port 
continued to dominate and twice Andy Metcalfe needed to be at his best to touch 
two goal bound efforts from Carl Owen over the bar. Metalfe was tested again at 
his near post as Marcus Orlik cut in threateningly from the right.Flint rarely 
featured as an attacking force in the opening half but Euron Roberts did well 
after 25 minutes to block out Danny Sullivan as he raced in on goal. The only 
other opportunity of note came from a corner on the left met by Renshaw whose 
shot went wide of Harvey’s right hand post. But with half time nearing Flint gave 
themselves a chance with a late goal. Renshaw struck his free kick from wide on 
the right to the near post where Richard Harvey had to push it away as it was 
deflected goalwards. It only went as far as Abraham who drove a low angled shot 
from 8 yards back past Harvey to reduce the deficit making it 2-1 to Port at 
the break.

The second half started frenetically with a few bruising tackles being made. Two 
tackles in quick succession by Flint defender Mike Banks who received yellow cards 
and the red card which followed. But being reduced to 10 men did not appear to 
adversely affect the home side. In fact it seemed to galvanise them into action 
closing down well in midfield and winning the ball  to push ahead on the attack 
with determination. But the tackles continued to fly in and referee Aled Jones soon 
handed out three more yellow cards two to Port and another for Flint. Though neither 
side was able to create much in the way of scoring opportunities Flint did put the 
Port defence under considerable pressure from free kicks. One of these, from Halewood, 
reached leading scorer Beck whose shot from 16 yards was well saved by Richard Harvey. 
With 67 minutes gone the Port defence was undone by another free kick. Jack Abraham 
drove the ball with power into the box and Sullivan managed to get enough on it to 
divert the ball just inside Harvey’s right hand post. Port now responded with Gareth 
Jones Evans striking well from 25 yards but failed to beat Metcalfe. But after surviving 
another dangerous Abraham free kick Port struck back. Marcus Orlik cut across from the 
right and lifted an angled ball for Jamie McDaid to chase down. He controlled well just 
inside the byeline before picking out Paul Roberts with a low cross into the 6 yard box 
and the experienced striker made no mistake from close range. Surely now the three points 
were safe with only ten minutes left. Unfortunately Port failed to close the game 
down and maintain possession. With a lengthy period of added time, after Flint defender 
John Davies dislocated a shoulder, Flint scored the equaliser taking advantage of a 
misplaced cross to counterattack down the left and, though the cross should have been 
cleared, late sub Denman nipped in to score from 12 yards.

This was a game which Port could and should have won but Flint’s second half fight 
back with ten men for almost 40 minutes gave them a deserved share of the points.

Port:  Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Mike Foster, Ryan Davies, Rhys Roberts, Gareth Jones 
Evans, Dan Pyrs, Marcus Orlik (Cai Jones 90’), Paul Roberts (Craig Roberts 81’), Carl Owen, 
Darren Gowans (Jamie McDaid 67’). Sub not used: Richie Owen. Yellow: Rhys Roberts 64’, 
Dan Pyrs 66’, Richard Harvey 87’.

Flint: Andy Metcalfe, Mike Banks, Graham Dyment (Luke Tyson 83'), Jason Renshaw, John Davies (Lewis Denman 90’), 
Stefan Halewood,  Jack Abraham, John Kenworthy (Ben Jones 46’), Shaun Beck, Danny Sullivan, 
Stuart Hughes.  Red: Mike Banks 51’.Yellow: Jason Renshaw 57’, Ben Jones 87’.

Referee: Aled Jones (Lampeter)   Attendance: 93                                                                                         

Huws Gray Alliance - Saturday, 26th February

CPD Porthmadog ... 2                     Buckley Town ... 4
Rhys Roberts 37’ 81’                       Wes Brererton 17’ 33’
                                               Neil Wynne 49’ 76’.

For a second successive HGA home game defensive blunders proved costly for Port. 
As in the Welshpool game it enabled the visitors to rely on a combination of 
sterling defence and counterattacks to take all three points and complete a 
season’s double . Thanks to a  first half  brace by Wes Brereton followed by a 
Neil Wynne double in the second period Buckley were able to overcome a Port side  
for whom defender Rhys Roberts also scored twice. It was a game full of niggly 
ill tempered  fouls ending  with Buckley defender Gareth Edwards being sent off for 
a head butt. Had the referee produced some yellow cards earlier in the game then 
maybe this sanction could have been avoided and the small crowd would have been 
given more in the way of entertainment.

Port, with the wind on their backs, had most of the early possession with Carl 
Owen a threat. They won a couple of corners and a free kick in a dangerous 
position which Mike Foster lifted over the bar. But with 17 minutes on the clock 
Buckley scored with their first shot at goal. Wes Brereton broke down the right 
before crossing lowto the near post and a rare error by Richard Harvey who only 
managed to parry the ball into his own net. Following the goal Port continued to 
dominate possession  with Gareth Jones Evans shooting narrowly over the bar 
from 25 yards and a minute later the excellent Jamie Hulse had to go down at 
the feet of Marcus Orlik to thwart a dangerous Port move. Another Port attack 
saw Carl Owen’s effort deflected for a corner after good work by 
Jamie McDaid. Buckley countered with a good break from Neil Wynne and from 
the resulting corner Gareth Caughter saw his header cleared off the line by Gareth 
Jones Evans.  Against the general run of play it was Buckley who doubled their 
advantage when Brereton scored his second. It came directly from a well taken 
free kick on the edge of the box which he lifted over the wall and inside Richard 
Harvey’s left hand post. Port now upped their game and a few minutes later they 
cut the deficit. Rhys Roberts rose at the back post to head Mike Foster’s corner 
past Hulse to reduce the arrears. Port continued to threaten and a good move set 
up by Gareth Jones Evans gave Carl Owen a shooting chance from 12 yards but an 
excellent Joe Freeman block frustrated him and the same player followed with 
another block to frustrate Paul Roberts. A Marcus Orlik cracker was deflected 
into the side netting and Hulse pulled off another good save when Carl Owen 
volleyed a low Orlik cross. But at half time Buckley remained 2-1 ahead. 

Four minutes into the second half and Buckley were handed what amounted to a 
winning lead when Neil Wynne outwitted two defenders to get on to a long ball 
from the back, control well and score from 12 yards. The game now became 
increasingly bad tempered but a strong well organised Buckley defence denied Port 
the goal they desperately needed to bring them back into the game. The hard working 
Carl Owen had a header cleared off the line but then it was Buckley who found the 
net again. They opened up a 4-1 lead with lone striker Neil Wynne once again getting 
the better of Port’s central defenders. This time it was a long cross from 
the right and Wynne scored with a looping header from 8 yards. Port did manage 
to pull one back in the 81st minute with Cai Jones creating the opening with good 
work down the left and his cross was flicked on for Rhys Roberts to score with a 
close range header. A good Port move gave further hope but Carl Owen’s final shot 
drifted across the face of goal. But even in the late stages of the game the inevitable 
Neil Wynne popped up to test Richard Harvey with a cracker from 25 yards which the 
keeper tipped over the bar.  

This was not a good day for Port. Defensive blunders made it an uphill struggle 
and Buckley took their chances, defended strongly and closed down quickly in midfield 
to take three points which Port would have expected to pick up especially 
at the Traeth.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Mike Foster (Craig Roberts 70’), Ryan Davies, 
Rhys Roberts, Dan Pyrs, Gareth Jones Evans, Jamie McDaid (Darren Gowans 56’), Carl Owen, 
Paul Roberts (Cai Jones 77’), Marcus Orlik. Sub not used: Gareth Parry. 

Buckley: Jamie Hulse, Joe Freeman, Barry Calder, Jack Rowlands, Gareth Edwards, 
Wes Brereton, John Leonard, Gareth Caughter, Neil Wynne, Anthony Williams 
( Paul Armour 76’), Phil Molyneux (Jack Chaloner 88’). Subs not used: Liam Jones, 
Terry Pugh, Jack Delgado. Red: Gareth Edwards 78’.

Referee: Howard Farrell (Abergele)                                       Attendance: 107.

Huws Gray Cup -Wednesday, 23rd February 

CPD Porthmadog .... 2               Ruthin Town .... 0
Craig Roberts  44'
Paul Roberts 83'

A goal in each half was enough to secure Porthmadog a place in the semi-final 
of the Huws Gray Cup and a tie against Buckley Town, the club who will be 
Saturday's visitors  to the Traeth.  The two goal margin was hardly a 
reflection of the play on the night as Port dominated the game especially in 
the second half and should have sewn the tie up way before the 83rd minute. 
Richard Harvey was the first keeper in action and pulled off a good save diving 
to his left to keep out a shot from 18 yards. But soon after Port came close to 
scoring when Jamie McDaid broke down the right and Paul Roberts headed wide of 
the upright. As the half wore on Port took more control of the game and after a 
good build up Jack Jones fired over the bar from 20 yards. The closest Ruthin 
came at this period was a couple of shots from the edge of the box one straight 
at Richard Harvey and another over the bar. Around the half hour mark Port 
stepped up the  pressure and it needed the visitors keeper to be on the alert to 
block out Craig Roberts as he burst into the box on to a long through ball by 
Jack Jones. The keeper was in action again a minute later this time turning a Paul 
Roberts shot around his near post. Just a minute before the interval Port finally 
got their noses deservedly in front. An angled ball by Paul Roberts put Marcus 
Orlik away down the right and his cross to the far post picked out Craig Roberts 
whose header looped over the keeper into the net.

Port soon got into their stride in the second half and a 20 yard effort from Paul 
Roberts brought a good save from Ben Jones and soon after the keeper had pull off 
an even better one diving to his left to turn Marcus Orlik’s 25 yard thunderbolt 
round the post. Port were now in complete control but still failed to turn their 
advantage into goals. Twice Jamie McDaid got himself into goal scoring positions 
in the box, the second an excellent angled ball from Paul Roberts. But it was a 
case of one being deflected for a corner while the other trickled wide of the post.
 With frustration mounting a defensive mix-up allowed Ruthin’s leading scorer Kevin 
Garland into the box behind the Port defence, but fortunately his shot went across 
the face of goal and wide. A minute later and Paul Roberts settled the tie with a 
fine shot on the turn from Jamie McDaid’s low Cross. McDaid was now the main source 
of Port late attacks with several dangerous breaks down the right in the closing 
stages. Once he fired over the bar himself and on another occasion he found Marcus 
Orlik only for the shot to blocked and Gareth Jones Evans lifted his shot over the 
This was a good all round performance with the back four always looking in control 
and the new partnership of Euron Roberts and Dan Pyrs at the centre looking as though 
they had played regularly together.Turning chances into goals remains problematic.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Jack Jones, Mike Foster, Euron Roberts, Dan Pyrs, Richie 
Owen (Gareth Parry 71’), Gareth Jones Evans, Jamie McDaid, Craig Roberts (Cai Jones 83’), 
Paul Roberts, Marcus Orlik.

Ruthin: Ben Jones, Jamie Price, Joe Garner, Miles Todd, Jack Jones, Matt Davies, 
Aron Abby (Sin Davies 84’) Sion Williams, Kevin Garland, Wil Roberts (Bryn Jones71’), 
Stuart Vernon. Sub not used: Sam Griffiths. Yellow: Miles Todd 38’, Joe Garner 70’.

Referee: J B Roberts Llanllyfni.  

Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 19th February 

CPD Porthmadog ... 0		Technogroup Welshpool ... 2
				Chris Melia 16'
				Nathan Mapletoft 62'

Today's result was extremely disappointing for a team that had excelled only
a week ago. A goal after 15 minutes, officially credited to Melia, but
looking like an own goal to everyone else and a very controversial second
just after the hour mark gave the visitors the three points. To their credit
Welshpool took full advantage of their good fortune with some solid
defending denying Port the chance to get back into the game and giving new
manager Chris Herbert three more valuable points. Port were left to rue
several good second half chances and the two occasions where the woodwork
saved the visitors.

Port opened well enough looking as though they were set to carry on from
last week with more of the same. But the good build up broke down around the
edge of the box when the final ball invariably went astray. With five
minutes gone Paul Roberts met a Euron Roberts cross but directed his header
wide of the post. Welshpool replied when Josh Evans fired across the face of
goal when well placed. Then with 16 minutes gone Welshpool went ahead. There
seemed little danger as Chris Melia chased a ball into the Port box but a
misunderstanding between keeper Richard Harvey and two defenders and the
ball rolled gently into the net appearing to have deflected off Port
defender Richie Owen. The goal lifted the visitors and Evans and Melia both
had efforts on goal. At the other end Paul Roberts had another header saved
by keeper Dave Jones. But the game never rose above the mediocre with
Welshpool defending in depth and relying on counterattacks. From one of
these Mapletoft fired straight at Richard Harvey when well placed and at the
other end Jack Jones' well struck shot from distance drifted wide. The
nearest Port came to a goal was when a Cai Jones corner reached Paul Roberts
but the forward's well struck angled shot flew narrowly wide of the post.
Half-time came with Welshpool holding on to their lead in a game which
provided little in the way of entertainment.

Port showed some greater urgency after the interval and good work by Gareth
Jones Evans set up Cai Jones but the winger's cross landed on the roof of
the net. Port continued to press and ten minutes into the second half
player-manager Gareth Parry was very unlucky not to have levelled the scores
when his skilful over the shoulder shot struck the inside of the post and
somehow bounced to safety. Immediately after coming on Carl Owen went close
when he raced on to a Gareth Jones Evans through header but the final shot
from 15 yards went narrowly outside the post. Two minutes later and Port's
problems were doubled, in a moment of controversy, as Welshpool broke away
with Mapletoft appearing to push Gareth Owen to the ground, as he challenged
for the ball, but there was no response from the officials leaving a
surprised forward to run on and score unchallenged. The referee waved away
all subsequent Port appeals. Twice in a minute Richie Owen was in the action
first when his free kick tested Jones in the Welshpool goal and then a
cracking 25 yard shot beat Jones but struck his far post before once again
bouncing kindly for the visitors. With subs Marcus Orlik and Rhys Roberts
joining the fray Port continued to push for a score. Carl Owen received from
Marcus Orlik but fired over the bar and the same player bore down on goal
again but Dave Jones was off his line well to block the striker who had only
the keeper to beat. There were also two free kicks in dangerous positions
but the visitors' defence held firm. With the seconds ticking away Carl Owen
turned supplier but Gareth Jones Evans fired over the bar. 

But there was no way back for Port and though Welshpool were forced to
defend for periods of the second half they did this with strength and
confidence. Gareth Parry will be looking for a much better performance when
they take on Ruthin on Wednesday.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts (Rhys Roberts 63'), Richie Owen,
Gareth Jones Evans, Gareth Owen, Dan Pyrs, Cai Jones (Marcus Orlik 72'),
Gareth Parry (Carl Owen 55'), Paul Roberts, Jack Jones, Jamie McDaid. Subs
not used: Ryan Davies, Craig Roberts.

Welshpool: Dave Jones, Dan Barnett, John Keegan, Tom Evans, Lee McElmeel
(Andy Stockton 72'), John Dowridge, Jack Pickering, Wes Kilgannon, Nathan
Mapletoft (Chris Herbert 81'), Chris Melia, Josh Evans. 
Yellow: Wes Kilgannon 66', Dave Jones 78'

Referee: Phil Roszkowski		   Attendance: 141 

Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 12th February 

Gap Connah's Quay ... 1		CPD Porthmadog ...2
Dean Thurston 32'			Paul Roberts 19'/45'

In football as in life you don't always get what you deserve but today
manager Gareth Parry received his just reward for a brave decision to stick
with a winning team. He decided to leave his experienced trio -suspended
last week- on the bench even though Port were taking on league leaders 
holding an eight point advantage over the rest. His players responded with
the best performance, by a Port side, for a very long time. All the goals
came in the first half. An early cracker from Paul Roberts was followed by
another, this time by Paul Roberts the goal poacher, on the stroke of half
time. The Gap goal came in between, following a good break and cross by
James McIntosh.

Once Rob Jones had fired an early first timer narrowly wide of the Port
post, and the same player had cracked a 20 yard free kick straight at
Richard Harvey, the game settled into a midfield battle. But gradually with
Gareth Jones Evans and Jack Jones showing up well in midfield the visitors
started to get on top. And with 19 minutes gone it was Jack Jones, grafting
in the middle of the park, who won the ball to set up Port's first goal. He
slipped the ball through for Paul Roberts to run on to beating Tom Baker
before breaking into the box and netting cleanly with a shot from 15 yards.
With 32 minutes gone James McIntosh blocked an attempted clearance and
chased it down the right and a pinpoint cross gave Thurston the chance to
level the scores from 6 yards. Later a Jack Jones cross field ball found Cai
Jones out on the left. The winger broke strongly to the byeline and crossed
to the back post where Jamie McDaid's effort was diverted for a corner. A
rare piece of action for Richard Harvey followed but he saved comfortably
from Ben Collins. Another Cai Jones cross to the back post reached Paul
Roberts whose header was deflected for a corner. The same player almost put
Port back into the lead, when with three minutes to go to the interval, he
charged down a clearance and the ball went only narrowly wide of McGhee's
right upright. But on the stroke of half-time keeper McGhee failed to gather
yet another high Cai Jones cross and Paul Roberts was on hand to tap in to
give Port a lead which they thoroughly deserved going in at half time.

Straight from the restart the Nomads could have drawn level when Ben Collins
received and cut in from the left but though well placed his finish was
wayward. Soon Port settled into the first half pattern and Gareth Jones
Evans broke down the right to set up Cai Jones but the forwards' shot was
blocked for a corner. A minute later and Paul Roberts put the same player
through but McGhee was down to save well. As the half wore on the league
leaders began to sense that the game was slipping out of their grasp. They
brought on player manager Mark McGregor and leading scorer Gary O'Toole and
mounted a series of attacks but still it was Port who looked the more likely
to add to their score. A pacy break by Jamie McDaid from the half way almost
produced a goal as he broke to the edge of the box before firing but McGhee
pulled off a comfortable save. For the last 15 minutes the excellent Port
defence, marshalled by the outstanding Gareth Owen and sidekick Dan Pyrs,
held firm. Pressure mounted as Andy Alston hurled his long throws into the
box and also a couple of left wing corners from Gary O'Toole, but a heroic
Port defence were in no mood to yield. Dean Thurston had a close range
effort deflected over the bar, Ben Collins twice fired over the bar from
inside the box and likewise Mark McGregor from 8 yards. Perhaps the best
Nomads' break came from Petrie down the right but Richard Harvey did well to
cut out the cross. It was Port who ended the game back on the attack and
Hooley needed to clear a Paul Roberts effort off the line with keeper McGhee
stranded. Twice towards the end McGhee had to save from Craig Roberts.

All in all an excellent morale boosting win with fine performances from one
to eleven plus subs. The four youngest players Jamie McDaid, Cai Jones, Gareth 
Jones Evans and Jack Jones all deserve a special mention.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Richie Owen, Gareth Jones Evans,
Gareth Owen (Ryan Davies 85'), Dan Pyrs, Cai Jones (Daren Gowans 66'),
Gareth Parry (Craig Roberts 73'), Paul Roberts, Jack Jones, Jamie McDaid.
Subs not used: Marcus Orlik, Rhys Roberts. Yellow: Gareth Jones Evans 7',
Jack Jones 67'.

Connah's Quay: Adam McGhee, Ben Alston, Ben Collins, Tom Baker,(Mark
McGregor 59'), Andy Alston, Craig Jones, Jamie Petrie, Alan Hooley, Dean
Thurston (Sam McNutt 71'), James McIntosh, Rob Jones (Gary O'Toole 59')
Subs not used: Danny Pinch, Louis Mackin. Red: Andy Alston 90'. Yellow:
Craig Jones 66'.

Referee: M Farrington (Newtown. 		Attendance: 120.

Huws Gray Alliance -Saturday, 5th February 
Match Sponsors: Pike Newsagents. 

CPD Porthmadog ... 4 Rhydymwyn ... 0 
Jamie McDaid 45'
Gareth Owen 64'
Darren Gowans 79'
Paul Roberts 82. 

In a game played in atrocious weather conditions, with a strong wind and
incessant rain, Rhydymwyn will feel that the final score line did them scant
justice considering the play over the 90 minutes. It was the introduction of
Craig Roberts with 15 minutes remaining that turned the game from a close
contest to a comfortable winning margin. The forward, who has missed most of
the season after suffering a nasty knee injury, played an important part in
the two goals in three minutes which made the three points safe for Gareth
Parry's team.

Neither side was able to come to terms with the strong wind in the early
stages so there was little to cheer the smallest crowd seen at the Traeth
this season. Soon after the 20 minute mark the dangerous Polistina, for
Rhydymwyn, crossed well from the right but Robbie Chesters failed to hit the
target with a header. Soon after it needed a well timed Jack Jones tackle to
halt Renshaw who was through in the Port box. Following this the home side
did up their game with a couple of Cai Jones efforts, one being deflected
for a corner and another from 25 yards forced Ryan Roberts into a good save.

With half time approaching Port had their best chance to go ahead, with
keeper Roberts well off his line it needed a Griffith header off his line to
keep out Gareth Parry. But there was enough injury time left for Jamie
McDaid to send Port in ahead at the interval. An angled Paul Roberts ball
put Jamie McDaid in behind the defence and the young winger coolly cut
inside from the left and finished with a shot across the keeper into the far
corner.The visitors with the wind on their backs controlled the early stages 
of the second period making better use of the conditions. Richard Harvey was 
soon in action denying Polistina at the expense of a corner and an angled 
Renshaw shot flew wide of the target. Harvey after 49 minutes was quickly off 
his line to save at the feet of the threatening Polistina. Rhydymwyn pushed 
for the equaliser and McElmeel used the wind to fire a 20 yard effort narrowly
off target. But with 64 minutes gone Port struck against the run of play to
open a two goal advantage. Paul Roberts played a Cai Jones corner into the
goalmouth and Gareth Owen shot through the crowded box to score. Jamie
McDaid, after 72 minutes, was very unfortunate not to score his second goal.
He cut across the edge of the area and his angled shot struck the foot of
the post before bouncing into the arms of keeper Roberts. Rhydymwyn
continued to push forward and twice Richard Harvey had to go down at the
feet of first Renshaw and then Polistina. But there was to be no way back
for the Flintshire club as soon after the introduction of Craig Roberts he
and Paul Roberts set up the best move of the match. A slick exchange of
passes and Craig Roberts squared the ball for the unmarked Darren Gowans to
fire low for his first goal since joining from Llangefni. Three minutes
later Craig Roberts set up Port's fourth goal with a perfect cross from the
bye-line to provide Paul Roberts with a simple far post header.

After three defeats the win, without three key players, comes as a boost but
in reality only in the closing stages did Port show the quality passing
needed to open up the Rhydymwyn defence. 

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Euron Roberts, Richie Owen, Dan Pyrs, Gareth
Owen, Gareth Jones Evans (Darren Jones 88'), Jack Jones, Cai Jones (Darren
Gowans 79), Gareth Parry (Craig Roberts 75'), Paul Roberts, Jamie McDaid.
Sub not used: Mike Foster.

Rhydymwyn: Ryan Roberts, Chris Guy, Matthew Harvey, Jon McElmeel, Dave
Bryan, Dafydd Griffith (Sam Heenan 71'), P Polistina, Dean Hughes (Jay
Hughes 46'), Robbie Chesters, Dave Pitson (Darren Pritchard 84'), Adam
Renshaw.Sub not used: Mark Gunther.  

Referee: A P Harms (Rhyl) Attendance: 108.  


Cysylltwch ni / Contact us