CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

Gartref / Home
Newyddion / News
Gemau / Fixtures
Canlyniadau / Results
Adroddiadau / Reports
Lluniau / Photos
Chwaraewyr / Players
Hanes / History
Cyfeiriadau / Directions
Siop / Shop
Archifau / Archive
Y Tabl / The Table
Trafod / Discussion
Academi / Academy
Ystadegau / Statistics
Erthyglau / Articles
Cysylltiadau / Links
| Llangefni (a) | Rhos Aelwyd (h) | Llandudno (h) | Llanrhaeadr (a) | Derwyddon Cefnh (h) | Conwy (a) |

Huws Gray Alliance                       -Saturday, 10 September

Conwy Utd ... 0		CPD Porthmadog ...2
			Ryan Davies 51
			Marc Evans 57

A workmanlike rather than a spectacular performance gave Porthmadog 
the three points today in a game where they dominated possession for 
the greater part of the 90 minutes. Conwy however proved difficult to 
break down with Quinn and Orme putting in sterling performances at 
the heart of the defence. The home side’s attacking options relied 
mainly on counter attacks. Few clear cut chances were created at either 
end with both Porthmadog goals coming from set pieces and it was from 
corner kicks that Conwy came nearest to scoring. 

Port put in an early attack with Grahame Austin heading a Gareth Jones 
Evans free kick wide of the post. Conwy responded, from a corner, with 
a header over the bar by Dan Roberts. The best early strike was from 
Steve Kehoe, for Port, whose low 20 yarder was scrambled away by keeper 
Higham at the foot of his left hand post. A couple of breaks for Port 
down the left by Marc Evans troubled the home defence. One of his crosses 
was only fractionally high for Rhys Roberts at the back post and in 
another  break Evans cut inside forcing Higham into a diving save to his 
left. Though Port were dominating the possession Richard Harvey had to 
touch a speculative Liam Jones 30 yarder over the bar. It was then Higham’s 
turn to be surprised by a speculative shot from way out on the right 
touchline and he can thank the crossbar that he was not beaten by Clive 
Williams’ powerful shot. As the half drew to a close Conwy again twice took 
advantage of corners to threaten the Port goal. From the first Richard 
Harvey had to go down to save from Chris Quinn in a goalmouth scramble and 
Quinn again this time saw his header land on the crossbar before bouncing 
behind. There was still time for the best worked chance of the half. Darren 
Thomas showing fine skill beat off two challenges as he cut through the 
middle and with only the keeper to beat, he unfortunately scuffed his shot 
wide. It remained goalless at the half way.

Five minutes after the restart Port broke the deadlock when they won a 
corner down the left. Marc Evans lifted his cross to the back post where 
Rhys Roberts’ deliberate header back across goal was met by Ryan Davies coming 
in at the back post to score.  Just before the hour mark Port doubled their 
advantage when they were awarded a free kick inside the box after keeper Higham 
had gathered up a back pass. The free kick 15 yards out was touched sideways to 
Marc Evans who drilled a low powerful shot into the corner of the Conwy net. 
Port were now largely in control and Higham was again in action saving from Craig 
Roberts after another Marc Evans cross. Conwy had a couple of half chances from 
corners but neither Quinn or Lundstram able to hit the target. The league’s 
leading scorer had very few chances to threaten and was well marshalled by Ryan 
Davies who had an excellent game. The nearest Conwy came to scoring was a break 
down the right by full back Joe Williams whose powerful angled shot flew over 
Richard Harvey’s bar. Towards the end any  threats came from Port and a couple of 
good breaks by substitute Jamie McDaid deserved better end products from his 
quality low searching balls into the box.

A well deserved if unspectacular victory but the three points against a team who 
have scored goals and made an excellent start to the season is very welcome. Port 
have maintained their unbeaten record, one of only three unbeaten sides in the HGA 
–Cefn Druids and Buckley are the others. This was achieved thanks to an all round 
team performance continuing with the same brand of passing football -though today 
the final ball often lacked the accuracy needed to create clear chances. Away again 
next Saturday in mid-Wales –at Guilsfield.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Clive Williams, Chris Williams, Gareth Jones Evans 
(Jamie McDaid 67), Ryan Davies, Grahame Austin, Steve Kehoe, Rhys Roberts, Craig 
Roberts (Marcus Orlik 67), arc Evans, Darren Thomas (Dean Garmey 79). Subs not 
used: Adam Hall, Mervyn Williams.Yellow:Chris Williams 13, Dean Garmey 86, Marcus
Orlik 88, Steve Kehoe 90. 

Conwy: Gary Higham, Joe Williams, Sam Sinkinson, Chris Quinn, Mark Orme, Daniel Roberts, 
Liam Jones, Scott Reid, Mike Lundstram, Jack Higgins, Tom Rooney ( Ricky Jones 78) 
Subs not used: Joe Jennings, Rob Marshall Jones, Paul Cassidy.Yellow; Chris Quinn 26.

Referee: Dave Fawkes.                                 Attendance: 135.  

Huws Gray Alliance                         -Saturday, 3 September
Match Sponsor: Golden Eagle Gallery.

CPD Porthmadog ... 1                  Cefn Druids ...1
Rhys Roberts 71                       Paul Hopkins 53

It ended all square between these two promotion prospects which 
means that both clubs remain unbeaten after five games but the 
Druids have relinquished their 100% record. This was a physical 
conquest with neither side prepared to concede an inch and played 
in atrocious weather conditions. After remaining goalless through 
the first half the two goals arrived  midway through the second 
period. Porthmadog may well feel that once they drew level after 
71 minutes and, given the quality of some of their passing moves, 
they should have gone on to clinch all three points. In the 
circumstances they had to be satisfied with a third successive draw.		 

In the early part of game neither side seemed to come to terms with 
the conditions and most of the early sparring came to nothing. The 
nearest either side came to troubling the keeper came when the ball 
was only scrambled away from the Port goalmouth as far as Speed whose 
shot was off target and then Darren Thomas at the other end cut inside 
dangerously but failed to get sufficient power on the shot.  With the 
time having past the 20 minute mark Port set up a good chance when an 
accurate Chris Williams cross from the left found Marc Evans racing in 
at the back post and the forward’s drive went narrowly wide. Evans a 
minute later fired a fierce free kick across the face of goal with no 
one managing a final touch.  The Port goal also came under pressure and 
it required a good last ditch save by Richard Harvey to palm away Adam 
Hesp’s header. Chris Williams for Port then repeated his earlier cross 
to the far post and this time it was Gareth Jones Evans haring in at the 
back post whose goalbound shot was cleared off the line for a corner by 
Robbie James. Then when Ryan Davies headed into space behind the defence 
Craig Roberts laid the ball off for Marc Evans whose low shot was well 
saved by Druids keeper Mullock. Twice Druids forced corners with Kieran 
Duckett lifting a shot over the bar form the first and when Richard 
Harvey punched out a cross Speed latched on to it, but this shot also 
flew over the bar. Goalless at the interval.

The second period continued in the same way with threats at both ends 
and numerous heavy tackles flying in. A minute after the restart Craig 
Roberts for Port had his shot deflected for a corner while at the other 
end Steve Kehoe cleared with keeper Richard Harvey flat on the ground. 
The deadlock was broken when Paul Hopkinsreceived a ball from midfield 
before turning smartly in the box to fire a shot low into the corner of 
the net. The goal proved more of a catalyst for Port than the scorers, 
and the home team raised their game. Robbie James cleared a Darren Thomas 
effort off the line after good Port pressure. This sparked another Port 
attack down the right with Clive Williams, who was playing an increasing 
role in the game, breaking inside and firing low. Mullock pushed the shot 
away but only as far as Rhys Roberts who reacted first to tap in from close 
range. this set up an exciting finale with the result on a knife edge to 
the end.Port continued with some excellent attacking moves as both full 
backs broke quickly setting up dangerous attacks with Steve Kehoe linking 
well in midfield. From one of these Darren Thomas cut inside from the right 
and his angled shot curled outside the far post. With time running out 
Richard Harvey pulled off an excellent save to keep out Robbie James. 
In the end both sides had to settle for a draw.

Manager Gareth Parry will be concerned at a run of three drawn games but 
pleased at the way his team stuck to the task and continued, despite the 
pressure, to play good attacking constructive football which will test any 
team in this league. They must now look to get back to winning ways at Conwy 
who are raising a few eyebrows with their performances this season.  

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Clive Williams, Chris Williams, Rhys Roberts, Ryan 
Davies, Graham Austin (Marcus Orlik 89), Darren Thomas, Steve Kehoe, Craig 
Roberts, Gareth Jones Evans (Adam Hall ) , Marc Evans (Jamie McDaid 79). 
Subs not used: Darren Jones, Dean Garmey. Yellow: Steve Kehoe.

Cefn Druids: Chris Mullock, Mark Harris, Max Peate (Mark Griffiths 78), George Hughes, 
Adam Hesp, Robbie James, Kieran Duckett, Paul Hopkins, Luke Powell Thomas, 
Paul Speed (Tony Cann 68), Warren Duckett. Subs not used: Josh Evans, Kevin Roberts. 
Yellow: Kieran Duckett.

Referee: Martin Trigg            Attendance: 139.                  

Huws Gray Alliance         -Saturday, 27 August 

Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant ... 3	CPD Porthmadog ... 3
Jamie Evans 66,74.		Clive Williams 32
Ben White 90		Jamie McDaid 52
			Craig Roberts 81

A storming second half performance by league newcomers Llanrhaeadr 
enabled them to come back from two goals down. Then when Porthmadog 
looked as though they had secured all three points with an 81st 
minute Craig Roberts goal, the home side refused to die and came back 
with a last minute equaliser. The mid-Wales club, playing their first 
game at home in the HGA will thank outstanding performances by Alun 
Jones and Jamie Evans and Evans’ two goals cut the deficit bringing 
Llanrhaeadr back into the game. 

In the opening half there was little sign of what was to happen in 
the second period as Porthmadog were mainly in control of the game. But 
significantly, in view of what was to happen later, they failed to turn 
pressure into goals. They could have gone ahead in the eighth minute 
when Craig Roberts was put through one on one with the keeper Darren 
Powell who was quickly off his line to pull off a good stop. Port though 
gaining plenty of possession did not threaten the home goal until Chris 
Williams struck the side netting from a narrow angle after 25 minutes. 
But just after the half hour mark had been reached the visitors went 
into a deserved lead when Craig Roberts with his back to goal laid off a 
right wing cross into the path of Clive Williams who scored his first goal 
for the club with a powerful finish from 16 yards high into the net. Near 
the end of the half Marcus Orlik surprised the keeper  with a high overhead 
kick from wide on the left which Darren Powell collected back pedalling at 
full stretch. Ryan Davies at this stage netted with a clean header but 
the referee whistled up for an alleged infringement. Then a minute from the 
interval a good Jamie McDaid cross to the far post set up Marcus Orlik 
with a good opportunity but keeper Powell was down well to pull off another 
good save. Llanrhaeadr hardly threatened at all through the opening half 
with Richard Harvey having little to do. The only threat came in the 34th 
minute when Jamie Evans narrowly failed to apply a finish to a low Alun 
Jones cross. 0-1 at the half way.

Apart from one Alun Jones cross and a Jamie Evans shot being deflected for 
a corner the second half continued much the same as the first. Seven minutes 
into the half Rhys Roberts’ excellent pass released Chris Williams down 
the left. The winger rounded the full back and his low cross to the far post 
was finished off by Jamie McDaid from 8 yards. Then almost before  a supporter 
could say 2-0 is a dangerous lead the home side were pushing forward with 
considerable determination. A Ben White cross from the right was not far 
beyond the reach of Tom Evans and an Emyr Roberts back header kept Richard 
Harvey on his toes. With 66 minutes on the clock the new found Llanrhaeadr 
self belief paid off. Jamie Evans was given too much space cutting in from 
the right and the dangerous forward took full advantage breaking into the box 
and firing a low shot past Richard Harvey. Llanrhaeadr now went in search of 
the equaliser and it needed two good saves by Richard Harvey to keep them out. 
First he punched clear a dangerous Jamie Evans near post header and minutes 
later, when Alun Jones got in behind the defence down the right, it needed 
another outstanding save low down to keep the home side out. But with 74 
minutes gone the equaliser came. Jamie Evans got on the end of a ball played 
wide left before cutting inside past Dean Garmey and into the box, firing 
low and wide of Richard Harvey. 

It was desperate times now for Porthmadog and the introduction of Steve 
Kehoe did add bite to midfield and when he freed Gareth Jones Evans down the 
right Port’s third came with Craig Roberts getting on the end of the low cross 
and flicking it past Powell into the corner of the net. It looked as though Port 
had saved the day with only nine minutes left but home heads did not go down 
and with 90 minutes on the clock Ben White picked up a pass wide on the left 
cut inside along the 18 yard line evading a couple of tackles and then found 
space enough to fire through the crowded box into the net.

A disappointing first visit  to Llanrhaeadr-ym- Mochnant for Port in a match 
they were expected to win comfortably. Time will tell  however whether the 
fighting spirit and no little quality shown by Llanrhaeadr in the second half 
can be repeated as they adapt to a higher league.

Port: Richard Harvey, Dean Garmey, Darren Jones, Clive Williams, Ryan Davies, 
Rhys Roberts, Jamie McDaid (Steve Kehoe 79), Gareth Jones Evans, Craig Roberts, 
Marcus Orlik (Marc Evans69), Chris Williams. Subs not used: Adam Hall, Grahame 
Austin, Darren Thomas. Yellow: Steve Kehoe 89’.

Llanrhaeadr: Darren Powell, Hamish Glifton, Daniel Kelly, Peter ones (Dale 
Wolverson 85), Emyr Roberts, Tom Evans,  Joe Vaughan, Robert Fox, Alun Jones 
(Ashley Jones 90), Jamie Evans, Ben White. Subs not used: Lewis Curtis, Benji 

Referee: Nathan Brearley (Buckley)                     Attendance: 114

Huws Gray Alliance                        -Tuesday, 23 August.
Match sponsor:Pike's Porthmadog

CPD Porthmadog ... 2                     Llandudno Town ... 2
Craig Roberts 82’                              Lee Jones 9’, 46’
Darren Thomas 85’

Two late goals got Porthmadog out of gaol after conceding an early free kick 
and for the third time in three games they gave away a penalty. The spot kick 
came only a minute into the second period. Two substitutions and a positional 
change swung the game back towards Port and they had the visitors on the run 
in the closing stages coming within a whisker of salvaging all three points. 
But that would have been less than Llandudno deserved with their well organised 
defence and a midfield which closed down quickly and forwards who broke quickly 
on the counter attack.  The speed at which they were closed down frustrated Port 
as they were unable to get their passing game going to utilise the pace and skill 
of Darren Thomas and Jamie McDaid down the wings.

Llandudno were first on the attack and drew first blood when Port conceded a free 
kick right on the edge of the box. Tudno’s dead ball specialist Lee Jones stepped 
up to curl the ball over the wall and high into the top corner of the net. Port 
responded with a Jamie McDaid run down the left and a cross to the far post where 
Darren Thomas’ header flew narrowly the wrong side of the post. Next Rhys Roberts 
got on the end of a Chris Williams free kick into the box but his lob bounded over 
after striking the bar.  Port continued to pressurise and Gareth Jones Evans’ low 
20 yard effort was only narrowly off target. Llandudno continued to frustrate Port 
in the middle of the park and kept the Port back four busy with their strong counter 
attacks but failed to seriously trouble Richard Harvey in the home goal. Twice after 
the half hour mark Port threatened again. First a break and exchange of passes 
involving Darren Thomas and Marc Evans ended with the former’s shot going across the 
goal and wide. A break down the right by Lee Thomas and a cross to the far post was 
headed wide by Joe Morgan. Twice more before half time Port came close with a good 
turn and shot by Marcus Orlik and again when Chris Williams lifted a free kick 
to the far post where Marc Evans’ header was cleared off the line.

A minute into the second half Llandudno doubled their lead from the penalty spot. 
With the Port defence expecting an offside flag Lee Thomas was allowed to break down 
the right with Jamie McDaid giving chase but as he tackled the Llandudno forward McDaid 
handled and the referee issued a yellow card and pointed to the spot. Lee Jones stepped 
up and made no mistake from the spot.  There followed a period of stalemate as Port 
failed to establish any control on the game and a strong Llandudno team shut Port down 
in midfield. It was becoming an increasingly physical game with referee MW Roberts 
reaching for the yellow cards on several occasions. A Gareth Jones Evans effort was 
deflected for a corner and Gareth Parry made a significant substitution bringing on Ryan 
Davies at the back to free Rhys Roberts to lend his height in the Llandudno box. With eight 
minutes left Marc Evans lifted a cross to the back post where Rhys Roberts headed back into 
the goal mouth for the other sub Craig Roberts to apply the finishing touch. It was one way 
traffic now as Port pushed forward and with five minutes left another high ball into the 
box was touched down by Rhys Roberts with Darren Thomas applying the final touch. Port 
continued to press in the final minutes and again through injury time but the third goal 
would not come.

A night of surprises with Connah’s Quay and Penrhyn-coch losing their unbeaten records and 
promoted Conwy sitting on the top of the table!

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Steve Kehoe, Chris Williams, Clive Williams, Rhys Roberts, 
Grahame Austin, Gareth Jones Evans (Adam Hall 85), Darren Thomas, Marc Evans, Marcus Orlik 
(Craig Roberts 63), Jamie  McDaid(Ryan Davies 76). Subs not used: Dean Garmey, Darren Jones.
Yellow: Jamie McDaid, Grahame Austin.

Llandudno: C Hawthorne, Lee Jones, Sean Eardley, Aran Pritchard, Wyn Williams, Stephen Aspinall, 
Danny Hughes, Tom Dix, Lee Thomas, Russ rule, Joe Morgan. Subs: Paul Roberts, Dean Seager, Lee 
Craven, Charlie Proctor.Yellow:Russ Rule, Aran Pritchard, Steven Aspinall. 

Referee: M W Roberts                                                  Attendance: 198

Huws Gray Alliance                        -Saturday, 20 August.

CPD Porthmadog ... 4		Rhos Aelwyd ... 1
Darren Thomas '12		Arron Edwards (pen)'75
Craig Roberts '24
Marcus Orlik '28
Marc Evans '56

This match, played in atrocious conditions, was another comfortable win that was 
settled after Port stormed to a commanding lead in the first half hour after 
scoring three goals in sixteen minutes. Parry changed things around a little from 
the first match, moving Steve Kehoe from right back to mid field and started with 
a different pair of full-backs in Chris Williams and Dean Garmey.

Port dominated the play for the vast majority of the time until the last 
quarter of the match.  Rhos Aelwyd’s efforts on goal were kept to a minimum, 
with the majority of any threat the posed coming via Danny Evans down the right. 

Port’s first chance to take the lead came after only three minutes, when 
Graham Austin headed just inches over from a Marcus Orlik free kick.
We didn’t have long to wait for Port’s first, that came after just 12 
minutes after Darren Thomas received a cross-field pass from Chris Williams, and 
did well to keep his footing on the edge of the box to beat his man, before firing 
home with a cool finish.

This was Port’s best period of pressure, and they could have extended their 
lead three minutes later when Marcus Orlik found Marc Evans in the box, but he was 
prevented by a solid tackle. Evans then provided Orlik with a through ball, but he 
was judged to be off side. Rhys Roberts also came close for Port with a header from 
a Chris Williams cross after a Graham Austin free kick.

It was only a matter of time before Port extended their lead, and it duly came 
after 24 minutes via Craig Roberts. It was another cool finish from close range 
after receiving a pass from Marcus Orlik after he’d received the ball from 
Jamie McDaid. And before long it was three thanks to Marcus Orlik who exchanged a 
one-two with Marc Evans that completely wrong-footed the Rhos defence, giving him a 
clear strike on goal, and he made no mistake to net his second of the season.

Port had further opportunities to extend their lead before the interval, 
with Steve Kehoe and Dean Garmey both coming close with speculative efforts from 
distance, and Jamie McDaid also came close after an individual run down the left. In 
stoppage time, Marc Evans came close after an excellent through ball by Jamie McDaid.

The second half started in much the same way as the first half had finished with Port 
continuing to dominate. Craig Roberts had a chance to score his second after 52 
minutes, after Jamie McDaid did well to prevent the ball from going out for a goal kick, 
pulling it back to Craig, who wasn’t far off with his effort.

Darren Thomas had been dangerous down the right throughout the match, and on 56 
minutes he made it pay for a second time, cutting into the box before finding Marc 
Evans who made no mistake to bag his first goal of the campaign. This was followed by 
a continued period of pressure by Port with Marcus Orlik and Darren Thomas being denied 
on numerous occasions, with the best of those coming from a Jamie McDaid pass through 
the centre. Substitute Clive Williams also came close to scoring within minutes of 
coming onto the pitch after receiving a pass from Steve Kehoe.

Parry then made a further two changes with Adam Hall and Ryan Davies  both 
getting their first piece of the action in the campaign, and Rhos Aelwyd brought on 
Khoz Jones who proved to be influential for them. 

After a total domination of the opening 70 minutes of the match by Port, Rhos Aelwyd 
managed to find their feet for the first time during the last 20 minutes and put some 
real pressure on the Port defence. They had their breakthrough on 75 minutes when Barry 
Torrence was pulled down in the box by Richard Harvey after receiving the ball from 
Khoz Jones. Arron Edwards stepped up to take the penalty, and made no mistake to give 
Aelwyd a consolation goal.

Other chances during this spell for Rhos fell to Tom Davies and Barry Torrence who 
headed over the bar from a Khoz Jones free kick. Steve Powell, also got a chance for 
the visitors, but was stopped well by an excellent tackle from Rhys Roberts 

A couple of minutes from time, there was potential blow to Port, with an injury to 
keeper Richard Harvey, after Barry Torrence slid into him. The good news, however, is 
that he managed to play on until the end of the match.

This was another comfortable win for Port, despite the late period of pressure from 
Rhos. There were plenty of chances to have scored more than four, and they should have 
added more than one goal after the interval. Llandudno may provide a sterner challenge 
on Tuesday night.

Port: Richard Harvey, Dean Garmey, Chris Williams, Steve Kehoe (Adam Hall ‘67), 
Graham Austin (Ryan Davies ‘67), Rhys Roberts(c), Darren Thomas, Craig Roberts 
(Clive Williams ’61), Marc Evans, Marcus Orlik, Jamie McDaid.
Subs not used: Darren Jones, Gareth Jones-Evans

Rhos Aelwyd: Gareth Rowlands, Danny Evans, Ricky Wright, Kevin Fitzzimonds, Andy Torrence, 
Tom Davies, Steve Powell, Matty Holmes, Arron Edwards, Barry Torrence, Jamie Jones. 
Subs: Ryan Billington, Khoz Jones, Aled Rowlands. 
Subs not used: Danny Trow, Jordan Smith. Yellow: Danny Evans ’43.

Referee: Alan Jones

Attendance: 207

Huws Gray Alliance                        -Saturday, 13 August.

Llangefni Town ... 1		CPD Porthmadog ... 5
John Owen 66(p)		Marcus Orlik 8
			Rhys Roberts 34
			Jamie McDaid 38,75(p),80.

A Jamie McDaid hat trick was the highlight of Port’s opening day win at Cae Bob 
Parry. It was made up of two fine individual goals and a coolly taken penalty. 
Port secured a comfortable win in a game in which they dominated possession from 
start to finish. The victory however may have lacked the fluency which has marked 
most of their pre-season performances especially those against Bala and Airbus but, 
a win is a win. Llangefni who have undergone traumatic change over the summer produced 
little attacking threat but worked hard and concentrated on getting bodies behind the 
ball in their own box and this was backed by some excellent saves by their keeper Kyle 
Williams, especially in the second period.

Port dominated the early possession and a good break and cross by Marcus Orlik found 
Jamie McDaid who had his shot blocked. We didn’t have to wait long however for 
the first goal which came after just 8 minutes. Marcus Orlik chased a long ball to the 
byeline and then cut in past the advancing keeper Kyle Williams and his shot from a 
narrow angle was deflected into the net. Almost immediately Llangefni broke forward 
with Bangor loanee  John Owen cutting down the middle and freeing Aran Richmond down 
the right. The winger broke into the box to fire over the bar from 15 yards. But after 
this play was again concentrated in the Llangefni half. With a quarter of an hour gone 
Marc Evans struck the post after the keeper had made an initial save from constant 
threat Jamie McDaid. A good Orlik turn on the edge of the box gave the forward a 
shooting chance which flew over the bar and soon after the same player saw his shot 
fortuitously scrambled over the bar by the keeper. Port added two more goals on 34 and 
38 minutes. Rhys Roberts scored Port’s second when he rose at the far post to 
meet Marcus Orlik’s free kick and squeezed it inside the post. The third goal 
four minutes later was a Jamie McDaid cracker. He cut along the edge of the box from 
the left and when he found space, fired low past the keeper’s right hand. 
Towards the end of the half Sean Kyle breaking down the left set up a rare Llangefni 
opportunity when his cross went across the face of goal and a touch could have 
brought them a goal. But at half-time it was 3-0.

Llangefni broke down the right immediately after the interval but Buckland’s shot 
went over the bar. After this it was Port on the attack. Marcus Orlik netted but it 
was disallowed for a foul. With 52 minutes gone Marcus Orlik charged down a clearance 
into the path of Marc Evans but the forward failed to take advantage with only the 
keeper to beat. Kyle Williams was now warming to his task in goal and he pulled off a 
good save to keep out Rhys Roberts following a corner and did the same to keep out Marc 
Evans angled shot. On 66 minutes Llangefni got some reward for their efforts when John 
Owen was brought down in the box by Steve Kehoe. The striker himself took the spot kick 
placing it well wide of Richard Harvey. Referee Martin Trigg awarded a second penalty 
nine minutes later, this time for Porthmadog. Richmond brought down Jamie McDaid just 
inside the box. McDaid himself placed the spot kick wide of the keeper’s left 
hand. Then with ten minutes remaining the 17 year old completed his hat trick with a 
carbon copy of his first half goal. He cut across the 18 yard line and shot with even 
more power into the corner of the net. Port continued to press and twice in the late 
stages of the game sub Clive Williams burst dangerously into the box without being 
able to add to the score and twice at the end Kyle Williams had to pull off further 
good saves to keep out Darren Thomas. 

A comfortable win without hitting the high spots of pre-season but three points and 
five goals are reasons for feeling pleased on the first day of the season.

Porthmadog: Richard Harvey, Steve Kehoe, Darren Jones (Chris Williams 67’), Rhys 
Roberts, Graham Austin, Gareth Jones Evans, Craig Roberts (Darren Garmey 67’), 
Darren Thomas, Marc Evans, Marcus Orlik (Clive Williams 67’), Jamie McDaid.

Llangefni: Kyle Williams, Gavin Buckland, Adam Jones, Rory Collinder, Paul Beqe, Sion 
Davies, Aran Richmond (Dan Shaw 80), Matthew Barley (Dan Shepherd 69), John Owen, 
Mike Garside, Sean Kyle. Subs unused: Dan Evans, Cameron Butcher.

Referee: Martin Trigg (Kinmel Bay)		Attendance: 122.


Cysylltwch â ni / Contact us