CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
| Fflint / Flint (a) | Llandudno [WC] (h) | Rhuthun (h) | Penycae (a) | Caersws (LC) (a) | Rhydymwyn (h) |

Huws Gray Alliance League     - Saturday, 3 November

CPD Porthmadog ... 3        Rhydymwyn FC ... 3
Ryan Davies 15                    Darren Pritchard 45
Darren Thomas 45                Chris Guy 55
Aaron Richmond 77               Tom Littler 79
A day of disappointment for Port as they allowed the visitors back into 
the game after having gone two goals ahead just before the interval. But 
an added time goal in the first half followed by another 10 minutes into 
the second period brought Rhydymwyn right back into the game. Then with 
13 minutes of the game remaining Port re-established a lead which only 
lasted for two minutes before sub Littler levelled things up again with 
a well struck free kick from 20 yards.
Port opened the stronger forcing Rhydymwyn back but did not manage a real 
effort on goal. But a quick Rhyd counter attack after 10 minutes with a 
good exchange of passes produced the first effort on goal from Chris Guy 
who lifted his shot outside the post. Then with a quarter of an hour gone 
Port took the lead when Ryan Davies met a Chris Williams cross to head in 
from 6 yards. Soon after Davies, who was looking strong going forward fired 
a shot just wide of the target. With 21 minutes on the clock  keeper 
visitors’ keeper Leigh William failed to hold Steve Kehoe’s powerful shot. 
Graham Boylan netted but was disallowed for offside. Port continued to hold 
the upper hand and Craig Roberts fired wide and had another good effort 
deflected for a corner. Pressure continued and following a Darren Thomas 
corner Graham Boylan had a shot blocked on the line. But with 8 minutes to 
go to the interval there was a warning for Port when the ball was given away 
in midfield and Richard Harvey  needed to pull off a good save to keep out 
Pughe’s snapshot. A good turn by Pitson for Rhyd allowed him to threaten the 
Port goal but was narrowly off target. A sweeping 45th minute Port counter 
attack then produced a second home goal. Leon Newell’s crossfield ball put 
Darren Thomas away down the right. He cut inside past Guy and fired a low 
angled shot which beat keeper Leigh Williams at his near post. The two goal 
advanage lasted next to no time withRhyd netting in added time with a 20 yard 
Darren Pritchard cracker. 2-1 at the interval and Rhyd had established a 
foothold in the game. 
A poor clearance gave Rhyd an early chance to draw level in the second period 
but Richard Harvey was down well to save from Chris Guy.  10 minutes into the 
half another chance fell to Guy and this time after cutting across the box he 
found a space to fire low and just inside the far post for the equaliser. More 
and more mistakes now crept into the game with the ball being given away far 
too freuently by both sides. For Port Darren Thomas cut infield looking for a 
gap but his shot went straight at keeper Williams. The closest Port came to 
scoring though was when Ryan Davies rose well to meet a Chris Williams corner 
but his header went inches over the bar. With 73 minutes gone it was Rhyd 
however who should have taken the lead. With the ball given away in midfield 
again sub Tom Evans broke clear behind the defence  and but for a timely 
intervention by Dan Pyrs he would almost certainly have scored.  But it was a 
Port substitution which next influenced the game. Aaron Richmond struck 
immediately  starting a move in midfield and with the ball travelling via Newell 
to Boylan whose low cross was not gathered cleanly by the Rhyd keeper and up 
popped Richmond to net from close range. But within two minutes the excellent 
work was thrown away when referee Faulkes, after allowing a long advantage, 
halted the game and awarded Rhyd a free kick 20 yards out. A third sub then 
stepped up to influence the course of the game. Tom Littler curled his free kick 
inside Richard Harvey’s right hand post to level the scores again. Port pushed 
forward to try to regain the lead but the closest they came was when keeper Leigh 
Williams failed to hold a Chris Williams free kick but there was no one on hand 
to apply the finishing touch. The scores remained level when referee Faulkes blew 
the final whistle.
A disappointing afternoon for Port, who after being ahead for two periods in the 
game will feel that they have thrown away two valuable points. 
Port: Richard Harvey, Ryan Davies, Chris Williams, Steve Kehoe, Dan Pyrs, Grahame 
Austin, Leon Newell, Phil Williams (Scott Sephton 55), Graham Boylan (Rhys 
Roberts 89), Craig Roberts (Aaron Richmond 76), Darren Thomas.  Subs not used: 
Jason Harvey, Ceri James. Yellow: Ryan Davies 39.
Rhydymwyn: Leigh Williams, Alun Stanley (Tom Evans 71), Chris Guy, Sam Roberts, 
Dafydd Griffiths, Darren Pritchard, Jay Ralphs, Lee Reynolds, Dave Pitson, Terry 
Pughe Dan Nolan (Tom Littler 61). Subs not used: Daniel Seamarks, Adam Davies. 
ellow: Alun Stanley 29, Dafydd Griffiths 86, Darren Pritchard 90.
Referee: Dave Faulkes                Attendance: 137.

Huws Gray League Cup        -Saturday, 27 October.
Caersws FC ... 3            CPD Porthmadog ... 1
Mark Griffiths 55 73        Craig Roberts 79
Neil Mitchell 59
After an even first half where neither side was able to create a 
worthwhile opportunity, the turning point in this Huws Gray Cup tie 
came early in the second half when Caersws scored twice in the space 
of four minutes. The League’s leading scorer Mark Griffiths broke 
the deadlock hitting Port on the break and the dangerous front man 
also scored the mid-Wales club’s third. In between Neil Mitchell 
scored an opportunist goal with a fine strike. Port’s consolation 
goal came 11 minutes from time thanks to a quality finish from Craig 
In an even first half both sides built their moves patiently from the 
back but play was mainly confined to midfield with no clearcut 
opportunities created in that opening 45 minutes when defences were 
largely on top. Caersws did make an early attack following a Rob Evans 
free kick from the left touchline and Richard Harvey needed to be alert 
to keep out a low shot from Mitchell. Port responded with a Chris 
Williams corner which Graham Boylan met, but his downward header was 
scrambled away. Scott Sephton then tested home keeper Dave Jones with a 
low shot from 20 yards and  two minutes later Jason Harvey played the 
ball inside for Ceri James who cut across the box and curled a shot 
aiming for the top corner but Jones saved well. Another Robert Evans free 
kick for Caersws then produced a shooting chance for Adam Jenkins which 
he fired wide. Evans was again the supplier after 30 minutes with his 
cross receiving a late touch from Marc Griffiths but Richard Harvey 
adjusted well to save. It remained goal less at the interval.
Five minutes into the second half Scott Williams broke down the right and 
fired a dangerous shot across the face of the Port goal. Port responded 
with a pacy break from Chris Williams who won the ball just inside the 
opposition half. He charged forward past three defenders and into the box 
but his goal bound shot was blocked for a corner by keeper Dave Jones 
racing off his line. Ironically the corner which followed proved to be 
Port’s downfall. With three defenders up for the corner a quick break 
exposed the defence. Iwan Lewis put Mark Griffiths away down the right and 
he cut inside to fire an angled shot across Richard Harvey into the far 
corner. Four minutes later the game was taken away from Port when Neil 
Mitchell added a second. He intercepted a poor pass 20 yards out, spotted 
Richard Harvey off his line and netted with  a super strike. Caersws were 
now on top and another Griffiths shot was deflected for a corner. Dangerman 
Griffiths after 70 minutes got in behind the Port defence but Richard 
Harvey was out well to save at the striker’s feet. But with 73 minutes gone 
the home side made the game safe when Mitchell broke down the right and 
Griffiths was in at the near post to convert a low cross. Six minutes later 
Port scored a good goal but on the day unfortunately it could only be a 
consolation. A good right wing cross from debutant defender Llion Jones was 
well controlled by Craig Roberts who turned well and lofted his angled shot 
over the diving Dave Jones with the ball striking the inside of the post on 
its way into the net. There were  a couple of late breaks from Leon Newell 
whose low crosses deserved a better finish but it was Caersws’s day thanks 
to those two goals in the space of four minutes to enter the 2nd Round when 
they will be at home to Rhyl.
Back to the League on Saturday at the Traeth with Rhydymwyn the visitors 
and the serious business of climbing the table continues.
Port: Richard Harvey, Llion Jones, Chris Williams, Ceri James (Craig Roberts 
68), Ryan Davies, Graham Austin (Rhys Roberts 78),  Aaron Richmond 
(Leon Newell 78), Steve Kehoe, Graham Boylan, Scott Sephton, Jason Harvey. 
Subs not used: Phil Williams, Darren Thomas. Yellow: Ryan Davies 40.
Caersws: David Jones, Scott Williams, Tyrone McFadden, Gareth Sudlow, Tomos 
Richards, Graham Jones, (Jack Hughes 79), Iwan Lewis, Neil Mitchell, 
Adam Jenkins, Mark Griffiths, Roberts Evans. Subs not used: Sion Lloyd, 
Peter Rees. Yellow: Tyrone McFadden 52.
Referee: Martin Williams (Johnstown).                 Attendance: 191.

Huws Gray Alliance    -Saturday, 20 October
Penycae ... 0		CPD Porthmadog ... 2
			Grahame Austin 21
			Graham Boylan 43

It was the day of the Grahams for Port today as Grahame Austin put them 
ahead after 21 minutes with Graham Boylan doubling the lead just before 
half time. That proved to be the end of the scoring as a determined second 
half Penycae performance denied Port any further goals and that despite 
going down to 10 men, with Ian Williams receiving a second yellow for foul 
on Leon Newell in what turned out to be a very physical second half. But 
the advantage gained in the first period was enough for Port to record a 
third consecutive victory and also a repeat of last Saturday’s clean sheet. 
The win lifts Port a further three places to ninth.
Port were on the attack from the start with Steve Kehoe prompting well in 
midfield. Ashley Roberts was also soon in action in the home goal when he 
gathered a high ball into the box, under pressure from Craig Roberts. A 
minute later Graham Boylan was through with only the keeper to beat but his 
attempted lob was  gathered by Roberts. The early pressure continued with 
Darren Thomas forcing the keeper into a diving save at his near post. After 
weathering the early pressure Penycae managed an attack of their own down the 
slope to the right with Jamie Vietch aiming a good low cross to the near post 
where Gary McConnell turned his shot over the bar. With 21 minutes gone Port, 
who had been playing some good attarctive football with Leon Newell and 
Darren Thomas looking dangerous down the flanks, deservedly opened the scoring. 
Craig Roberts and Ryan Davies combined well down the right for Craig to lift a 
cross to the back post where Grahame Austin stooped low to direct his header 
past keeper Roberts into the net. A minute later it should have been two when 
Leon Newell’s brilliant run down the left going past three defenders but there 
was no attacker able to get on the end of his low cut back  to the edge of the 
6 yard box. Following a five minute delay for an injury to Penycae defender Paul 
Griffiths it was Port again on the attack with Leon Newell putting Craig Roberts 
in behind the defence. Craig’s first effort on goal was blocked by the keeper, 
the second struck the post and a third was cleared off the line by Ben Howarth 
and away at last. But with 43 minutes gone Port doubled their lead when Graham 
Boylan scored a fine individual goal. He received the ball 20 yards out  took 
on a defender and as he cut into the box on the left he hit a curling shot 
with the ouside of his foot into the far coner of the net. Port were pleased 
enough to go in at half time two up but knowing it could have been more.
From the start of the second period Penycae presented a much more physical 
challenge and increased the tempo of the game. There was an early shot from 25 
yards from Jamie veitch which drew a good save from Richard Harvey at his near 
post. A couple of Darren Thomas efforts followed for Port, the first following a 
Boylan header was pushed over the bar by keeper Roberts and when he broke behind 
the defence he pulled his shot wide. Things were now becoming tetchy and some 
hefty tackles went in. Referee G. W Jones was forced to take action with several 
Penycae players receiving yellow cards for a mixture of foul play and dissent. It 
eventually led to the dismissal of home midfielder Ian Williams after receiving a 
second yellow when he brought down Leon Newell. Port were no longer finding the 
time in midfield they had enjoyed in the first half as Penycae closed down quickly. 
But Richard Harvey was not often troubled as Port defended well with Grahame 
Austin and Dan Pyrs giving strong performances at the heart of the defence. Though 
they got the ball into the Port box more often in the second half, Penycae were 
not able to score the goal which would have opened up the game.  When Gary 
McConnell fired low from 18 yards Richard Harvey was well positioned to save. 
Late on Port might have added a third when Phil Williams headed a good Darren 
Thomas cross, wide  of the post from 8 yards and with three minutes left Darren 
Thomas volleyed a Jason Harvey cross narrowly wide.
A good win for Port with some good build up play especially in the first half. 
Remarkable what two wins can do – 6 points gained and up 7 places!
Port: Richard Harvey, Ryan Davies, Chris Williams, Steve Kehoe, Dan Pyrs, Grahame 
Austin, Leon Newell (jason Harvey 79), Phil Williams (Scott Sephton 87), Graham 
Boylan, Craig Roberts (Rhys Roberts 85), Darren Thomas. Subs not used: Mike Foster, 
Merfyn Williams (gk).
Penycae: Ashley Roberts, Jamie Veitch (Nick Jones 54), Mark Atkinson, Ben Howarth, 
Paul Griffiths (Cian Phillips 68), Ian Williams, Jon Paul Wood (Andy Watkin 54), 
Paul Mazzarella, Ian Oliver Davies, Asa Hamilton, Gary McConnell. 
RED: Ian Williams 68 (2nd yellow). YELLOW: Asa Hamilton, Ian Oliver Davies, Nick Jones.
Referee: Gareth Wyn Jones (Bontnewydd)            Attendance: 82.

Huws Gray Alliance    -Saturday, 13 October
CPD Porthmadog ... 1        Ruthin Town ... 0
Graham Boylan 93
An added time winner from Graham Boylan ensured that justice was eventually 
done in a game where Port dominated from the start. Ruthin had clearly come 
for a point and at the end of 90 minutes it certainly looked as though they 
had succeeded. But the mixture of missed chance and the charmed life the 
visitors goal lead, meant that persistence was needed and this paid off in 
the end when Graham Boylan rose at the back post to meet Darren Thomas’s 
floated free kick. The visitors' vociferous and vigourous complaints at 
the final whistle deservedly fell on deaf years.
Port opened the game on fire penning the visitors back deep into their own 
half for long periods. within two minutes Ruthin keeper Mackin needed a second 
attempt to gather up Gruff Williams’ low 20 yard shot. Eilir Edwards did draw 
a good save from Richard Harvey but with 9 minutes gone Port should have gone 
ahead. Ceri James  split the Ruthin defence with a low ball into the box for 
Craig Roberts to latch on to. The forward took it wide of the keeper but his 
angled shot was deflected for a corner. From the corner which followed Grahame 
Austin rose highest but his header went straight at Mackin. Minutes later Austin 
was in the thick of the action again, getting a good head on Ceri James’ free 
kick and it needed a goal line clearance from Jamie Price. The pressure continued 
and Leon Newell was only inches too high when he fired a shot from 25 yards and 
another good chance was spurned when Phil Williams was put through in the 6 yard 
box by Darren Thomas. A tap in might have produced a better result than the blast 
which sent the ball over the bar. Ruthin’s only attacking contribution at this 
stage was Chris Williams shot well over the bar following a Jason price free kick. 
Though the game lost some of its intensity in the middle part of the half it was 
Port again who again threatened in the closing stages. Chris Williams’ edge of the 
box free kick was only narrowly over the angle and yet again a Grahame Austin 
header was scrambled off the line, this time by Sion Jones  under pressure from 
Darren Thomas.  With it remaining goalless at the interval home supporters were 
left to wonder if this was another game where Port would allow the points  to slip 
The second half continued in much the same vein as the first. Good defending was 
needed to keep out a well struck Chris Williams shot. The same player then created 
an opportunity which should have seen Port take the lead. A low cross was allowed 
to travel as far as the unmarked Leon Newell who with only the keeper to beat had 
perhaps too much time to think and sent his low shot wide of the post. Less than a 
quarter of an hour into the second period injured debutant Josh Banks had to leave 
the field. It was disappointing as the young player had enjoyed an excellent debut 
both defensively and combining down the left with Chris Williams who was deployed 
in a more attacking role. Apart from a couple of speculative efforts from Jack 
Crompton, Richard Harvey was rarely troubled in the second half . Another golden 
opportunity for Port was spurned after 71 minutes when Darren Thomas put Graham 
Boylan clear, but the shot lacked power allowing Mackin to save easily when he 
should have been picking the ball out of the net. Twice Leon Newell came close 
cutting in from the left. The first was tipped over the bar by Mackin and a relieved 
keeper saw the second strike his near post. Austin was only narrowly off target with 
another header from a corner. With the game in added time Ruthin’s Sion Davies almost 
snatched it in a rare attack, but Richard Harvey pulled off an outstanding reflex save 
with his legs. Then in the final  of the three added  minutes Graham Boylan pulled it 
out of the fire with a back post header looping over Mackin into the far corner.
The win lifts Port four places into 12th spot. A third consecutive league win next 
Saturday and, should other results go favourably, Port’s position in the table could 
improve considerably. Think positively!
Port: Richard Harvey, Gruff Williams, Josh Banks ( Graham Boylan 58), Ceri James 
(Steve Kehoe 75), Dan Pyrs, Grahame Austin, Leon Newell, Phil Williams, Darren Thomas, 
Craig Roberts (Rhys Roberts 83), Chris Williams. Subs not used: Jason Harvey, Merfyn 
Williams (gk). Yellow: Ceri James 38, Chris Williams 59, Craig Roberts 83.
Ruthin: Louis mackin, Jamie Price, Jason Wood (Wil Roberts 70), Chris Williams, Sion 
Tudor Jones, Huw Price, Sion Davies, Iwan Roberts (Tom Mattochok 29), Jack Crompton, 
Wes Brerton, Eilir Edwards. Subs not used: Mathew Davies, Mark Entwistle, Sion Roberts.
Referee: Peter Kewley (Rhyl).                    Attendance: 169. 

Welsh Cup Round 1      -Saturday, 6 October

CPD Porthmadog ... 2		Llandudno ... 3
Phil Williams 5		Anthony Tierney 8
Dan Pyrs 35		Dean Seager (pen) 9
			Dean Seager 32
A hugely disappointing defeat for Port, especially coming on the back of last 
week’s outstanding performance. Despite getting an early goal some kamikaze 
Port defending allowed Llandudno to score three times in the first half, once 
from the spot and twice more with well struck efforts by Tierney and Seager. 
Though they remained in the game at half time, intense second half pressure 
failed to produce an equaliser which would compensate for the early errors.  

In an unbelievable opening two minutes Port almost gifted the visitors a couple 
of goals. In the first minute a careless pass provided Llandudno with a clear 
chance on goal but Richard Harvey came to the rescue and a minute later  
hesitation at the back allowed Dix a clear shot on goal but again Richard Harvey 
pulled off a good save. Port responded with a Graham Boylan effort from 18 yards 
which was not far off the target. A minute later and Port were ahead Grahame 
Austin lifted a high ball over the visitors defence which Phil Williams chased 
down before coolly lobbing over the advancing keeper Ross Campbell to score his 
first goal for the club. The frenetic opening ten minutes continued as more poor 
Port defending allowed Tierney to break down the left and with a fine angled shot 
levelled the scores. The madness continued and before ten minutes had passed more 
difficulties at the back for Port forced them to concede a penalty. Dean Seager 
took full advantage netting from the spot. 

Port pushed forward in search of an equaliser  and after cutting inside Darren 
Thomas lifted his shot over the bar. Leon Newell then fired across goal having 
been put in by Graham Boylan and the same player was again wide of the target two 
minutes later. Pressure continued and Phil Williams rose to meet brother Chris’s 
free kick but the header went over the bar. Then worryingly Port were once again  
hit too easily on the break. Dean Seager using his pace to break goalwards and 
finish clinically, low past the advancing Richard Harvey.  This brought a speedy 
response from the home side and three minutes later Dan Pyrs ran on to a fine 
Darren Thomas ball into the box to score from 10 yards. Before half time Darren 
Thomas lifted a shot over the bar and Chris Melia for Llandudno was narrowly wide  
meeting a good near post cross from Lee Thomas.  After some very poor defending it 
was a relief for Port to go in at the interval only one goal behind.

From the off in the second period Port were looking to make up lost ground. Phil 
Williams could have had a second in the match two minutes into the half but lifted 
his shot over the bar when well placed. Harvey was briefly in action tipping over 
Tierney’s cross cum shot over the bar. Almost as soon as he came on the pitch Craig 
Roberts could have levelled the scores. He met a downward header from Boylan but 
was unlucky to his shot strike the post. Ryan Davies then met a Darren Thomas corner 
but his goal bound effort was headed off the line.  Thomas himself breaking from 
midfield fired over from 20 yards. With Port now having to do all the running the 
visitors were still a threat on the break and when a ball was deflected into his 
path Seager fired over the bar. In another attack Richard Harvey went down well to 
cut out a dipping Tierney cross. Port now threw everything into an attack and 
Campbell made a good save to keep out Ryan Davies’s 18 yard effort and again from 
a Darren Thomas back post header. Yet another shot was lifted over the bar, this 
time by a well placed Boylan and in injury time Scott Septon twice came close with 
headers. The first against the bar and a minute later another inches over. But in 
the end there was to be no addition to the score in the second half as Port, now 
looking more stable at the back, failed to make amends for  the sloppy play of the 
first half.

It is disappointing that there will be no Cup run to raise spirits at the Traeth 
this season . It is now back to the battle to move up the table and there was not 
too much to inspire confidence today as goals are still being given away.
Port: Richard Harvey, Gruff Williams, Chris Williams, Dan Pyrs, Ryan Davies, Grahame 
Austin, Leon Newell (Ceri James 66), Scott Sephton, Graham Boylan, Phil Williams 
(Craig Roberts 57), Darren Thomas. Subs not used: Jason Harvey, Mike Foster, Merfyn 
Llandudno: Ross Campbell, Paul Roberts, Sean Eardley, Aaron Pritchard, Jordan Cerrington, 
Lee Thomas (Brian Roberts 80), Joe Morgan, Tom Dix, Dean Seager (Julian Williams 83). 
Subs not used: Sam Pritchard, Dave Guinn.

Referee: Martin Trigg                                    Attendance: 135

Huws Gray Alliance     -Saturday, 29 September
Flint Town Utd ... 1	CPD Porthmadog ... 3
                                           Graham Boylan
                                           Chris Williams
                                           Leon Newell

Porthmadog entered this game against 2nd placed Flint on the back of a run of 6
defeats. So on paper, it should have been a comfortable win for the Deeside 
team. Luckily though football matches aren’t played on paper!

The visitors started the game on fire and after just 2 minutes they had the 
best possible start when Grayham Boylan headed the ball into the net after a 
Flint defensive error. Port were in no mood to take the foot off the pedal and 
after 4 minutes Graham Austin's free kick went over the bar. Six minutes later, 
Mike Jones in goal for Flint made a brilliant save from a Dan Pyrs shot.

It wasn’t all one way traffic though. A shot by Shaun Beck was parried by 
Harvey and cleared by Austin after 15mins. Then on 20 minutes a throw-in by 
Flint had to be cleared off the Port line which resulted in a breakaway by Port 
- Leon Newell's shot going over the bar.

Port’s second goal came on 23 minutes after several good passes down the 
pitch from which saw Chris Williams's diagonal shot from 15 yards fly past the 
keeper into the net after yet another defensive error by the hosts.

The goal spurred Flint into action and on 33 minutes it took a great save from 
Harvey to keep out an Aaron Edwards shot. But a minute later they could have 
gone further behind when another defensive error lead to a goal line clearance 
from a Phil Williams shot.

Just two minutes before the interval, Flint thought they were back in the game 
when the scored from an indirect freekick. The celebrations were short-lived 
however when the referee Michael Grey disallowed the goal for being direct much 
to the frustration of the Flint manager.

Port had the last opportunity of the half when it took another great save to 
stop a Darren Thomas shot after a Port breakaway 44 minutes.

Flint came out fighting in the second half and Port were defending for most of 
the first 10 minutes. Even so another defensive error by Flint saw Boylan 1 on 
1 with the keeper but his shot went straight into the goalie’s hands.

After weathering the storm, the visitors could have finished the game off as a 
contest, with countless efforts on goal. Mike Jones had to save from Leon 
Newell's shot, Phil missed rebound after ball bobbled on the uneven surface 
while on the hour, a good pass from Newell found Graham Boylan but his shot 
went wide. Newell then saw two efforts go past the woodwork after assists from 
Chris Williams and Graham Boylan.

After 70 minutes it looked as if Port might rue the missed opportunities 
– Flint’s Sam Jones heading the ball into the net from a corner. 
With their tails up, the home side had the opportunity to draw level but Jon 
Rush shot over crossbar after 73 minutes.

It didn’t take long for Port go have more opportunities to regain the 
initiative. The keeper saved from a Dan Pyrs shot after 75 minutes and a minute 
later Graham Austin shot over crossbar from corner. 

The game was over as a contest on 77 minutes. After a Flint attack came to 
nothing, Port broke quickly with Leon Newell scoring his first goal for the 
club. A minute later, and Flint were down to 10 men after – Sam Jones 
receiving his marching orders after a second yellow card.

Today’s was an excellent and deserved win against high-flying opposition. 
Hopefully the confidence gained will turn round the season and will see us 
climbing up the table.

FLINT: 1. Mike Jones, 3. Ryan Davies, 4. Paul Williams, 5. John Davies, 6. 
Nathan Price, 7. Sam Jones, 8. John Hill (C), 9. Aaron Edwards, 10. Shaun Beck, 
11. Ryan Hedges, 14. Matty Harvey
Substitutes: 12 Jon Rush (On For Nathan Peate 62 Mins), 15. Paul Johnson, 16 
Mitch Roberts, 17 Adam Bailey

PORTHMADOG: 1. Richard Harvey, 2. Gruffydd Williams, 3. Chris Williams, 4. Dan 
Pyrs, 5. Ryan Davies (C), 6. Graham Austin, 7. Leon Newell, 8. Scott Sephton, 
9. Graham Boylan, 10. Phil Williams, 11. Darren Thomas
Substitutes: 12. Ceri James ( On For Phill Williams 86 Mins), 14. Gareth Parry, 
15. Campbell Harrison, 16. Mervyn Williams

Jane Roberts


Cysylltwch ‚ ni / Contact us