CPD Porthmadog FC
Cynghrair Undebol Huws Gray Alliance League

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
| Penrhyncoch (h) | Llanrhaeadr (a) | Caersws (a) | Rhydymwyn (a) |

Huws Gray Alliance        -Saturday, 6 April.
Rhydymwyn FC. ... 3        CPD Porthmadog ... 2
Dan Drazdaukas 10,88        Dylan Evans 29
George Baxter 44                Eilir Edwards 90
A disappointing season came to an end with a whimper today at Vicarage 
Road and though Port played well enough at times the opportunism of  
leading scorer Dan Drazdaukas proved to be the difference between the 
two teams. It was never going to be a case of fast flowing football on 
a tricky pitch which had spent most of the last fortnight under a heavy 
blanket of snow. For the home side it was a case of all hands to  picking 
up points and ensure safety at the wrong end of the table. 
Rhydymwyn started strongly with young winger George Baxter looking 
dangerous down the right and after only 5 minutes he came close with a 
far post effort which went narrowly the wrong side of the post. With only 
10 minutes gone Rhydymwyn went ahead. Danger man Dan Drazdaukas got in 
behind a high defensive line and with referee Martin Roberts ignoring the 
loud appeals for offside, the forward ran on and with only Richard Harvey 
to beat scored with a low shot from 18 yards. The home side continued to 
pressurise the Port defance and on 14 minutes Chris Guy cutting in from the 
left struck the outside of the post. Richard Harvey then had to pull off a 
good diving save when Drazaukas drifted wide on the right. Gradually 
however Port got into the game and john Owen threatened with good close 
control near the edge of the box but lifted his shot over the bar.  Gareth 
Parry now started to control things in midfield and lifted agood ball into 
the box for Eilir Edwrads to run onto but his angled shot went over the bar. 
John Owen then created a shooting chance for Steve Kehoe but the full back’s 
low shot went wide. But just before the half hour mark, a perfectly placed 
Gareth Parry through ball put Dylan Evans, on his full debut, in on goal. A 
cool finish from 8 yards levelled the scores. Port now continued to apply 
the pressure and should have gone ahead during this strong period. A good 
Eilir Edwards break down the left was followed by a cross to the back post 
where it had to be  scrambled away for a corner  by Bryan. Good work down the 
right from Evans and Parry followed and Gareth Parry tested Simms again. But 
Port were punished for their failure to force home the advantage. First Pitson 
came close with a good near post header and when George Baxter receievd a 
crossfield pass, he cut inside from the right and fired an excellent angled 
shot across Richard Harvey into the far corner. Rhydymwyn went in 2-1 ahead at 
the interval.
Port were forced to make a change for the second half when Richard Harvey 
suffered a bad back pull when warming up for the second half. Veteran keeper 
Merfyn Williams took over in goal and for a time Port seemed unsettled. But on 
54 minutes Rhys Roberts did find the net with a header from Leon Newell’s corner 
only for the referee to blow for an infringement in the box. Play then became 
generally scrappy with numerous free kicks and from one of these Merfyn Williams 
needed to be alert to tip over Terry Pughe’s well struck effort. The keeper was 
then  again in action going down well at his near post to keep out Drazdaukas. 
Switching Rhys Roberts  up front with Carl Owen and with John Owen pulling out 
to the left Port again began to threaten. John Owen cut inside from the left 
past two defenders but his shot was narrowly off target. Then the same player 
then supplied Steve Kehoe whose low shot was deflected for a corner. Leon Newell 
took the corner  which had to be headed off the line. John Owen continued to 
threaten with some mazy runs but when he cut into the box his shot was blocked. 
Eventually with time running out the home side broke away with Tom Evans making 
a good run down the right. He found Drazdaukas on the edge of the box and the 
striker took advantage of an undermanned Port defence to score from 12 yards. 
3-1 ahead the home side now looked safe but Port continued to push forward and 
with Dylan Evans and Steve Kehoe combining down the right for Kehoe to lift a 
high ball into the box where Carl Owen’s downward header found Eilir Edwards, who 
fired low inside the keeper’s right hand post. 
The game ended 3-2 and it is more than four months to the start of season 2013/14! 
Port: Richard Harvey (Merfyn Williams 46), Llion Jones (Campbell Harrison 85), 
Steve Kehoe, Gareth Parry (carl Owen 70), Rhys roberts, Grahame Austin, Dylan Evans, 
Scott Sephton, John Owen, Leon Newell, Eilir Edwards. Sub not used: Viv Williams.  
Yellow: Steve Kehoe 45, Scott Sephton 67. 
Rhydymwyn: Tom Simms, Mark Weir (Sean Smith 69), Dave Gleave (Terry Pughe 62), Dafydd 
Griffiths, Dave Bryan, Darren Pritchard, George Baxter (Tom Evans 77), Lee Reynolds, 
Dan Deazdaukas, Dave Pitson,  Chris Guy. Sub not used: Alex Sumner.  
Referee: Martin W Roberts (Llangefni).                Attendance: 75

Huws Gray Alliance        -Thursday, 4 April.

Caersws ... 2	CPD Porthmadog ... 1
Rob Evans '2	E. Edwards '31
Gareth Sudlow '90+

A fortunate scrambled added time goal ended Porthmadog’s unbeaten run at 
Caersws tonight. A point was the very least Gareth Parry’s depleted squad 
deserved for a good night’s work. Though Caersws got off to a flying start, 
going ahead in only the 2nd minute, Port gradually came back into the game 
drawing level just after the half hour mark. After that both sides tended 
to cancel each other out in a tight contest where both sides looked to pass 
the ball around. The turnng point however had  come 13 minutes from time 
when Ceri James saw red for a hard tackle and with Port reduced to 10 men 
Caersws finally got the winner.
The home side were on the attack from the off and a break down the left put 
the Port defence immediately under pressure. Mitchell capitalised on a 
defensive error  to send a low ball across the face of goal and this was met 
by RobEvans racing into the box and finding the net with a clean strike. Leon 
Newell responded for Port cutting in from the right but his shot was blocked 
for a corner. Caersws however continued to enjoy a good period of pressure and 
Richard Harvey pulled off a good one handed save to keep out Griffiths. Rob 
Evans then played Mitchell in on the right of the box but his powerful shot 
went over the bar. Llion Jones making his league debut for Port then saved the 
day with a header off the line. Following this Port began to exercise greater 
control over the game. The defence with Gareth Parry playing in front of the 
back four steadied things and with Ceri James and Scott Sephton playing in more 
advanced positions in midfield, Port were gaining a foothold in the game. After 
31 minutes they drew level when Eilir Edwards outwitted his marker controlling 
the ball well and then seeing home keeper Dave Jones off his line lifted an 
inch perfect lob over the back pedalling keeper and into the net for his first 
goal for the club. Though both sides looked to build  from the back neither side 
was able to add to their opening goals and the stalemate persisted up to the 
Ten minutes into the second period Richards came close for the home side when 
racing across the box he got his head to a Graham Evans free kick. Port responded 
immediately when Steve Kehoe’s excellent angled ball found John Owen but the 
forward’s shot was narrowly off target. Almost immediately John Owen was in the 
action again following good work from Eilir Edwards. Owen cut in from the left but 
his shot went right across the face of goal. Caersws then won two free kicks in 
very dangerous positions on the edge of the box but well struck efforts from Jack 
Hughes and Graham Evans filaed to open the resolute Port defence. The nearest the 
home side came to scoring was when Iwan Lewis got in behind the visitors’ defence, 
but Richard Harvey was out well to make a point blank save. Then when it seemed 
that Port had everything well under control Ceri James saw red for a misjudged 
tackle and with Port down to 10 men the home side sensed that there was fresh hope 
of three points.  For a time Port still looked well up to the task but with time 
running out Caersws pushed forward and in added time forced three successive 
corners. The final corner proved Port’s undoing as Gareth Sudlow scrambled home an 
undeserved winner.
Overall Gareth Parry, though disappointed at the final outcome, will be more than 
pleased with his team’s performance over the 90 minutes. It leaves his depleted 
army with one more bridge to cross before the curtain comes down on season 2012/13.
Port: Richard Harvey, llion Jones, Steve Kehoe, Gareth Parry, Rhys Roberts, Grahame 
Austin, LeonNewell, Ceri james. John Owen (Dylan Evans), Scott Sephton, Eilir Edwards. 
Unused sub: campbell Harrison. Red: ceri james 77, Yellow: Gareth Parry58.
Caersws David Jones, Tyrone McFadden, Gareth Sudlow, Tomos Richards, Jack Hughes 
(Jacob Smith 80), Iwan Lewis, Graham Evans, Neil Mitchell, Adam Jenkins, Mark Griffiths, 
RobertsEvans. Subs unused: Peter Rees, Drew Reynolds, Sam Williams, Kris Williams. 
Yellow: Roberts Evans.
Referee: Huw Jones (Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.)        Attendance: 92  

Huws Gray Alliance        -Saturday, 16 March.

Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant ... 1	CPD Porthmadog ... 3
Josh Wood '86		Ceri James '34
			Graham Boylan '61
			Leon Newell '90+7

Having held a comfortable looking two goal advantage from the hour mark 
Port were forced to endure a tense finale with the home side cutting the 
lead four minutes from time. Little did the visitors think at that stage 
that there would be a further 12 minutes to play as referee Phil Rowskowski 
found 8 minutes of added time. Port’s third goal came in the 97th minute 
as Leon Newell raced 70 yards to put the ball into an empty net, with home 
keeper Darren Powell stranded upfield at a corner, having joined 
Llanrhaeadr’s last ditch search for an equaliser.
Port were on the attack from the early stages and there was an early tester 
from Eilir Edwards whose shot was comfortably saved by home keeper Darren 
Powell . But in the 8th minute Rhys Roberts came within a whisker of 
giving his team the lead when he headed Edwards’ corner against the post. 
Port should have gone ahead after 17 minutes when Rhys T Roberts got in 
behind the home defence on the left and the keeper’s block only went as far 
as Graham Boylan but  Powell managed to get a hand to the striker’s 
attempted chip. After 19 minutes Port lost their full back Josh Banks and 
John Owen came on. In the reshuffle Eilir Edwards was switched to left back. 
Port forced a series of corners but the home defence held firm. On 33 minutes 
Scott Sephton found John Owen with an excellent through ball but Owen’s 
effort was blocked and cleared. But a minute later Port pressure finally paid 
off with the ball being worked across from the right and Rhys T Roberts, 
whose runs had been a constant threat, found Ceri James. The midfielder fired 
from the edge of the box finding the net via the post. This was a deserved 
lead and Port continued on attack with Gruffydd John threatening from 18 
yards. Llanrhaeadr tactics were clear, relying on defending in numbers and 
hoping to hit on the break through Mike Jordan and Alun Jones. Their only real 
threat on the Port goal was a corner after 12 minutes and a good ball in from 
Jordan which forced Richard Harvey to punch clear. Though the wet slippery 
conditions made life difficult, Port will feel that they should have been more 
than one goal ahead at the interval. 
A couple of early second hand free kicks into the Port box showed that 
Llanrhaeadr would use the aerial route where possible and from one of these 
Kelly free kicks Harvey was again forced to punch clear. With 61 minutes on the 
clock Port extended their lead. A Steve Kehoe throw from the right found Graham 
Boylan and the supporters player of the season made a fine turn  giving himself 
a clear route on goal. Then cutting into the box he struck across the keeper and once 
again the ball went into the net off the post. The search was on for a third to 
make the game safe. Eilir Edwards broke down the left and his excellent cross 
had to be scrambled clear under pressure. Leon Newell then replaced Edwards and 
another good cross was well cut out by the home keeper. Powell was in action 
again in the 75th minute doing well to keep out Rhys Roberts’ well struck effort.  
Another save followed as John Owen fired low. As ever 2-0 is a dangerous score 
and Llanrhaeadr are never beaten until the end. Gradually the home side built up 
a head of steam with the dangerous Alun Jones prominent. A Dan Kelly free kick 
after 78 minutes from the edge of the box drew a good save from Richard Harvey. 
The home side made good use of any free kicks and corners to put the Port defence 
under pressure and with four minutes left Martinez lifted a corner to the back 
post and Josh Wood squeezed his header just inside the upright. Llanrhaeadr 
continued to apply pressure as Port expected the final whistle to blow any second. 
Alun Jones fired wide from 20 yards. With 94 minutes played keeper Powell crossed 
the half way line to lift another free kick which Richard Harvey did well to 
collect in a melee of players. Then with 97 minutes played, Martinez’s corner kick 
was forced away to Leon Newell who raced down the left with a posse of home players 
giving chase. Newell kept his head, kept control and 12 yards out he finally shot 
and found the net. 
This added time goal gave a scoreline which was a fairer reflection of the play. 
But you have to admire Llanrhaeadr’s spirit and determination.They are a team who 
play for 90 minutes or 98 as it was in this case and when they come at teams up 
the slope they do take some stopping. Port stretch their run to 7 unbeaten games 
ahead of Tuesday’s difficult challenge at Caersws.
Port: Richard Harvey, Steve Kehoe, Josh banks (John Owen 19), Ceri James, Rhys 
Roberts, Grahame Austin, Rhys T Roberts(Aaron Roberts Evans 82),  Scott Sephton, 
Graham Boylan, Gruff Williams, Eilir Edwards (Leon Newell 72). Sub not used: 
Gareth Parry. Yellow: Steve Kehoe 69, John Owen 94.
Llanrhaeadr: Darren Powell, Joe Vaughan, Dan Kelly, Matty Evans, Emyr Roberts 
(Hamish Clifton 81), Rob Fox, Mike Jordan (Boris Martinez 75), George Hughes, 
Alun Jones, Jamie Evans (Josh Wood 81), Ben White. Sub not used: Lee Davies. 
Referee: Phil Rowlowski.                            Attendance: 78.

Huws Gray Alliance        -Tuesday, 12 March.
CPD Porthmadog ... 1		Penrhyncoch ... 0
Llyr Hughes (O.G.) 37

An own goal in favour of Porthmadog was all that separated the two sides 
at the end. In a game where clear chances at either end were few and far 
between, this game was more about spirit and committment than flowing 
football. The way in which they got their noses in front had an element 
of luck but, despite having to play almost half hour with 10 men, 
Porthmadog survived a late aerial assault to stretch their unbeaten run 
to six games.
Play was end to end in the early stages Jonathan Evans ran on to a cross 
from the left but lifted his shot from 20 yards over the bar. Port responded 
with an Eilir Edwards cross from the right which was a little beyond Graham 
Boylan’s run. A sliced Port clearance then produced a chance for skipper John 
Foligno whose shot went wide. Gradually Port began to establish greater 
control and when they forced a corner down the right, Rhys Roberts was only 
narrowly off target at the back post. Port now increased the pressure with a 
couple of Leon Newell free kicks and with 37 minutes gone Rhys Roberts got on 
the end of one of these and in the ensuing scramble Llyr Hughes put through 
his own goal. Penrhyncoch were still a danger on the break and Jonathan Evans 
again tried a shot from distance but straight at Richard Harvey. With the 
opening half drawing to a close Scott Sephton broke into the box down the right 
and his angled shot went dangerously across the face of goal. A disappointing 
first half ended with Port, despite the way their goal came, just about 
deserving the one goal lead.
Port were on the attack at the start of the second period. Graham Boylan met a 
Leon Newell corner but his header went over the bar. Minutes later Graham Boylan 
cutting in from the left struck a good effort on target but visitors’  keeper 
Leigh Jenkins did well to get a touch on the ball enough to turn it wide of the 
post. Port now forced a series  of Leon Newell corners which put the Penrhyncoch 
efence under severe pressure but they survived without conceding and were 
eventually able to break out. A further turning point came when after receiving 
his second yellow within five minutes, Paul Lewis received his marching orders 
and Port were down to 10 men. The period which followed saw Penrhyncoch mount a 
series of aerial attacks on the Port goal with storng runs from Christof Wahousky 
and Josh Shaw and crosses into the box from Evans and Gornall. But despite the 
pressure they failed to create a clear shooting opportunity and with Grahame Austin 
and Rhys Roberts proving a match for the high ball tactics. Port now rallied round 
and though forced to defend in depth they showed character and determination and a 
real team performance to see the job through. Despite the pressure Port still 
managed to look the more likely to score. On the counter attack Eilir Edwards 
carried well  and tested Legh Jenkins with a low shot. The best chance for a second 
half goal fell to Graham Boylan but on this occasion Port’s leading scorer failed 
to hit the target. A good John Owen break down the left, cutting inside his marker 
and then finding Graham Boylan in space in the box. The striker lifted his shot 
over the advancing Leigh Jenkins but also over the bar.  The closeness of the 
scoreline ensured that the tension would go on to the final whistle and that is 
what happened. It was a relief for home supporters to hear Martin Roberts’ final 
blast and know that they can carry their unbeaten late season run to Llanrhaeadr for 
a mid-day kick off. 
Port: Richard Harvey, Scott Sephton, Josh Banks, Phil Williams (Gruff Williams 85), 
Rhys Roberts, Grahame Austin, Eilir Edwards, Paul Lewis, Graham Boylan, Leon Newell 
(Steve Kehoe 69), John Owen (Rhys T Roberts 90). sub not used: Arron Roberts-Evans. 
Red: Paul Lewis (2 Yellows: 58,63)
Penrhyncoch: Leigh Jenkins, Jonathan Evans, Mark Gornall, Elwyn Edwards, John Foligno, 
Gari Lewis (Aneurin Thomas 88), Sion Meredith (Eiliam Evans 87), Llyr Hughes (Jake 
Williams 67), Christof Wahousky, Josh Shaw, Josh Hartrick. Sub not used: Liam Button. 
ellow: Sion meredith 34, Gari Lewis 38, Elwyn Edwards 94.
Referee: Martin W Roberts.                Attendance: 92.


Cysylltwch â ni / Contact us