t CPD Porthmadog FC - Adroddiad / Match Report
CPD Porthmadog FC
Cymru North

 Gartref / Home  Newyddion / News  Gemau / Fixtures  Canlyniadau / Results  Adroddiadau / Reports  Lluniau / Photos  Chwaraewyr / Players  Hanes / History  Cyfeiriadau / Directions  Siop / Shop  Archifau / Archive  Y Tabl / The Table  Trafod / Discussion  Academi / Academy  Ystadegau / Statistics  Erthyglau / Articles  Cysylltiadau / Links
| Cefn Albion (a) | Brickfield Rangers (h) | St Asaph City (a) | Rhostyllen (h) | Denbigh (h) |
| Llandudno Albion (a) | Brymbo (a) | Llay Welfare (a) | CPD Y Felinheli (a) |

05/11/21 Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin / Ardal League NW

Noddwyr / Match Sponsors: Bwydydd OREN Foods
Noddwr y Bêl / Match Ball Sponsor: Emrys Griffith Morfa Nefyn

CPD PORTHMADOG .............. 8
John Littlemore 13'
Rhys Alun 19'
Julian Williams 27,'88'
Matty Jones 77',84', 86', 90+1'

CPD Y FELINHELI ...................0

On Guy Fawkes` night, there were plenty of fireworks of the football kind to admire in a well-supported match at Y Traeth and it`s fair to say that most of the whizz, bang, wallop was provided by the hosts as Port notched up their most emphatic scoreline in a league match to date this season.

Port started the first half very much on the front foot forcing three corner kicks in the opening five minutes, but their first goal came from open play. The lively Rhys Alun`s left foot drive was superbly parried away by Felin keeper Guto Hughes and he also blocked Matty Jones follow-up. Port, however retained possession and Gareth Jones Evans` pin-point cross was headed home with unerring accuracy into the corner of the net by the ever-industrious John Littlemore.1-0 to Port.

It was great to see Rhys Alun back in action and it was he who doubled Port`s lead four minutes later with an individual goal of the highest calibre. Picking up the ball in midfield, he set off on a mazy run past four Felin defenders in George Best style before placing a fine left-footer on the deck beyond Guto Hughes` reach to the delight of the loyal Quarry-Enders. (A contender for ‘goal of the season’, perhaps?) On 25 minutes, Stuart Rogers also found the target but his effort was parried away by the increasingly busy Hughes. Felin also had their moments during the first period, forcing several corners which were well defended by Port`s backline, and a powerful effort by Rhys Parry went straight into the arms of Dylan Roberts.

On 16 minutes, however, Port were three goals to the good when another excellent cross from the right flank by GJE was tapped home on the volley by Julian Williams. Half-time…..3-0 Port.

The second half started in somewhat disjointed fashion with Felin showing much determination and desire to get back into the game. Just before the hour mark, Felin came close to scoring when Iwan Owen was unlucky to see his shot cannon off the post and into Dylan`s grateful arms, and then, at the other end, Sol Kempster was inches away from connecting with a header from a corner kick. In the final 15 to 20 minutes, however, the men in black and red re-discovered the accelerator and put the game well and truly to bed. It all started with a near post flick by Matty Jones to make it 4-0. Then, on 84 minutes, that man Matty (again) got on the end of a fine left wing cross to volley home to make it 5-0.Two minutes later , substitute Cian Pritchard showed superb control to evade a couple of defenders before presenting a well-weighted pass into Matty`s path who duly completed his hat-trick. On 88 minutes, hot-shot Julian Williams added the gloss to a fine move to make it 7-0 before the diminutive busy bee that is Matty Jones notched his fourth and Port`s eighth goal of the night.

Eight-nil it ended in Port`s favour at the end of a confident performance. Credit goes to both teams for serving up an enjoyable match under the lights. Llawer o ddiolch i hogia Felin am gytuno i chwarae ar Nos Wener fel hyn.

Port will next be in action at Y Traeth on Saturday, November 20th when we again welcome Gwynedd-based opposition in the shape of currently third-placed Llanuwchllyn. A tough game in prospect!

Porthmadog: Dylan Roberts, Ben Fisher, James Morgan, Sol Kempster, Josh Banks(Aron Jones 63'), Gareth Jones Evans, Stuart Rogers, Rhys Alun (Cian Pritchard 79'), Matty Jones, John Littlemore (Rhys Hughes 65'), Julian Williams. Eilyddion / Unused subs:Craig Papirnyk (GK), Carwyn Foster. Yellow :- Ben Fisher (60`)

Y Felinheli:- Guto Hughes (GK), I. Jones ( R. Jones 91`), R. Cain, C. Japheth, D. Jones, L. Jones, Gavin Lloyd-Jones, Gruff John, I. Owen , Rhodri Dafydd (M. Hughes 84`), R. Parry (A. Emyr 68`). Yellow card :- Gruff John (39`), L. Jones (70`)

Dyfarnwr/Referee:- Colin Andrew Dukes Llimanwyr/ Assistant referees :-Nathan Wheatley, Glenn Gray
Torf / Attendance: 269

Treflyn Jones

30/10/21 Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin / Ardal League NW

Noddwyr / Match Sponsors: Toyota Harlech
Noddwr y Bêl / Match Ball Sponsor: GAMLINS Cyfreithwyr / Solicitors

CPD PORTHMADOG ............4
Paul Lewis 50'
Rhys Hughes 57'
Gareth J Evans 82'
Julian Williams 84'

LLAY WELFARE .................,2
Tom Wells 42'
Ryan Goodband 89'

This was not a game for the faint-hearted as Port took on a big, tough and determined Llay outfit who, on this showing, are among the best opponents to have appeared at Y Traeth this season. It was much to Port`s credit that they edged the game thanks largely to a vastly improved second-half showing after trailing 0-1 at the interval.

The first half was a mostly dull affair with the bulk of the action in midfield, although Port gained a bigger share of possession and corner kicks. Chances at either end were kept to a minimum although winger Cian Pritchard was offered a good opportunity after 20 minutes when he was put clear on goal but scuffed his shot to the relief of Owen Raynor in the Llay goal. Two minutes later, Gareth Jones Evans sent in a tremendous volley from 25 yards which went narrowly wide of the upright. Llay ,on the other hand, looked menacing on the counter-attack especially with their big strikers Ryan Goodband and Jonathan Taylor. Just before half time, the visitors took the lead in slightly controversial circumstances when Stuart Rogers lost possession via a seemingly high boot from a Llay player. With the Port players screaming “Head injury……stop the game !!!”, referee Peter Owen waved play-on, and, from a right wing cross, Thomas Wells netted with a very well-directed diving header. 0-1 to the visitors at the interval.

The second half was barely five minutes old when a close range effort by Littlemore was well-saved by Raynor at the expense of a corner. Stuart Rogers sent in a beautifully floated corner kick. Paul Lewis outjumped the Llay defenders and equalized with a majestic header at the near post to the delight of the Quarry End faithful…………1-1. A few minutes later, Port had an extremely lucky escape at the other end when the powerful Jonathan Taylor out-paced the Port defence and sent in a sizzling shot against the upright. The play now was end-to-end in stark contrast to the first period, but Port went ahead for the first time in the match courtesy of influential substitute Rhys Hughes who has been scoring goals for fun in the reserves. A dangerous cross by Julian Williams was relayed on to the target by a Port attacker but Raynor`s save rebounded kindly to Hughes who stretched well to prod the ball home from close range. 2-1 Port.

On 65 minutes, Rhys Hughes went on another great run and was unlucky to see his dangerous cross intercepted before Jonathan Taylor again bustled his away past the Port defence only to see his piledriver go narrowly wide. Then, back at the Quarry End, a very good-looking header by Julian Williams went tantalizingly wide to audible gasps by our friendly ‘Ultras’. Then, after 82` nerve-shredding minutes, skipper GJE, had led superbly by example all afternoon, finally put the game beyond the visitors. A magnificent cross-field pass by himself found Paul Lewis in acres of space on the left and he crossed to Littlemore in the box, and, although his effort was blocked, the ball fell to GJE 25 yards out and he unleashed a left foot thunderbolt past Raynor. Would you believe it! 3-1 to Port.

With five minutes of normal time remaining, Julian Williams put the icing on the cake chasing a long ball and just about prodded the ball between the legs of a somewhat hesitant Raynor as he ran out of his box. 4-1. Surely, that was it, wasn`t it? Nope! There was still time for Goodband to score from close range after a fine cross from the right (4-2) and there was yet more time for Dylan to pull off a splendid save from close range from another strong shot by Taylor.

‘Cael a chael oedd hi!’ Yes, it was one of those ‘nip and tuck’ encounters but the scoreboard records a most admirable 4-2 win for Port who, in the second half snatched the game from the jaws of defeat with a combination of skill and sheer guts. Credit indeed to both sides for serving up a game which ultimately became quite a thriller.

Next Friday night we welcome Y Felinheli to Y Traeth for another league encounter with a 7.45 kick off. Be there or be very square!

Porthmadog: Dylan Roberts, Ben Fisher, James Morgan, Dewi Thomas, Paul Lewis, Gareth Jones Evans, Stuart Rogers (Carwyn Foster 90'), Cian Pritchard (Rhys Hughes 46'), Matty Jones, John Littlemore (Sol Kempster 85'), Julian Williams, Eilyddion / Unused subs: Bradley Roberts (gk), Craig Papirnyk

Llay Welfare :- Owen Raynor(GK), Dean Bryan (capt.), Aled Roberts (Jared Taylor 71`), Jack Edwards, Luke Taylor, Lewis Cole (K. Turton 75`), Thomas Wells, Ryan Goodband, Liam Hughes, Adam Davies, Jonathan Taylor
. Yellow card:_ J. Taylor (71`), Luke Bickerton-Cole (17`)

Dyfarnwr/Referee:- Peter Michael Owen
Llimanwyr/ Assistants:- Sion Wyn Hughes, Adrian Wyn Williams
Torf / Attendance :- 194

Treflyn Jones

23/10/2021 Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin / Ardal League NW

BRYMBO F.C. .......................0

CPD PORTHMADOG ............2
Julian Williams 45', 52'

At the end of a week in which North Wales football fans of a certain age bade a fond and nostalgic farewell to the Nantlle Vale legend Idris Wyn Evans (‘Tarw Nefyn’), Port edged an entertaining encounter at The Crick against Brymbo. After last week`s debacle at Llandudno Albion, Port found themselves in a thoroughly normal match in which our opponents played the game skillfully and fairly with their heads and feet rather than their mouths. Moreover, the victory was notable for the excellent performances of several reserve team players as well as the ‘old guard’.

The first twenty minutes or so was pretty much even-stevens with both teams giving as good as they got. If anything, the hosts were the first to get close to scoring when Dylan Roberts did well to hold on to a firmly struck effort by a Brymbo forward who was clean through on goal. Port settled well thereafter and on six minutes, Brymbo`s excellent `keeper Busby did well to hang on to a cross-cum-shot from Julian Williams and, four minutes later, he did even better to parry a close-range effort by Dewi Thomas past the post for a corner. On 16 minutes, another good chance for the visitors went a-begging when a great cross by the excellent Gareth Jones Evans was well controlled by Julian Williams but his shot was again parried away. Brymbo continued to play creatively without seriously testing Dylan in goal and on the half hour mark a very well placed Stuart Rogers free kick was well saved. Then, five minutes later, that man Busby pulled off yet another good save diving at the feet of Julian Williams who got on the end of an incisive through ball from Stuart Rogers. Port continued to play well with Rhys Hughes` pace on the left flank getting them into promising situations. Finally, on the very stroke of half time, Port were deservedly ahead when a deep cross by GJE was expertly controlled by Julian Williams who drove the ball firmly across the keeper into the corner of the net. There was still time for GJE to drive narrowly over the bar but Port ended the first half 1-0 up.

At the beginning of the second half, the workmanlike Sol Kempster was replaced by Cian Pritchard who had a cracking 2nd forty-five minutes. Busby made a couple more good saves before John Littlemore turned superbly in the box and was desperately unlucky to see his tremendous shot hitting the foot of the post. Barely a minute later, however, Port doubled their money after excellent work by Pritchard put Marcus Banks in space in the Brymbo box. Unselfishly, he rolled the ball into the path of Julian Williams who powerfully side-footed the ball home well beyond Busby`s reach. 2-0 Port……………a cushion!

From then on, the game became a real end-to-end affair with Brymbo doing their utmost with sheer endeavour and, at times, admirable individual skills. However, Messrs Fisher, GJE, Dewi Thomas and James Morgan were in no mood to capitulate. Moreover, Port bravely made several substitutions with every single one of them producing praiseworthy performances. A truly eye-catching cameo was supplied over the space of 20 minutes by Aron Jones. What a prospect! Indeed, he not only played well but he thundered a goal-worthy shot on target only to be thwarted by a save which my travelling companion, Morris, most accurately described as ‘astonishing’. Then, on 73` minutes, James Morgan was unfortunate to place a splendid volley on to the bar from a corner kick. Two more subs came on in the shape of Callum Jones and….. Carwyn Foster, who is the spitting image of his dad (ond yn ddelach, o bosib !) In the end, this was a deserved win for Port under difficult circumstances with so many senior absentees. However, the ‘new guard’(???) more than stepped up to the plate and can be very proud of their contributions. Ardderchog, yn wir !

Next Saturday, we will welcome Llay Welfare to Y Traeth in another league encounter. Significantly, Llay today held the dangerous Llanuwchllyn to a 2-2 draw. Yes, it`s tough at the top ! Daliwch ati, Port!

Porthmadog: Dylan Roberts, Gareth J Evans, Ben Fisher, James Morgan Sol Kempster (Cian Pritchard 46'), Stuart Rogers, Dewi Thomas, John Littlemore ( Aron Jones 68'), Marcus Banks (Carwyn Foster 88'), Rhys Hughes (Callum Jones 81'), Julian Williams. Eilydd / Sub unused: Bradley Roberts (gk)
Melyn / Yellow: Marcus Banks 13'

Brymbo: M. Busby, J. Tipping, J. Sumner, A. Huxley (R Cooper 31'), J. Rogers, F. Dyer, J.Phillips, P. Messham,1N. Conlan, M. Sheriff, J. Ellina (J Halliwell 77') Eilydd / Sub: L Bonfrer
Melyn / Yellow: J Tipping 33', J Sumner 40', J Phillips 58'

Dyfarnwr / Referee: Martin John Trigg
Torf / Attendance: 102 (Tybed?/ Really ????)

Treflyn Jones

16/10/2021 Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin Cwpan y Gynghrair/Ardal League Cup

LLANDUDNO ALBION ................ 2
Dan Evans 43', 62'

CPD PORTHMADOG ...................1
Matty Jones 13'(p)

‘A bad day at the office’ would easily sum up Port`s performance today as we slumped somewhat meekly to defeat at the hands of Llandudno Albion and crashed out of the League Cup at the first hurdle. To add insult to injury, for the second week in succession we failed to capitalize on an eleven v ten situation during the second half and we also managed to miss a penalty when we were on top. Oh, dear!

Port started promisingly enough and on four minutes a great cross from the left by Rhys Alun was netted first time by Matty Jones only for the ‘goal’ to be ruled out for offside. On thirteen minutes, however, Port were awarded a penalty after Marcus Banks was tripped in the box. Up stepped Matty Jones to crash home sending the keeper the wrong way. 1-0 to Port.From then on, the Albion grew more and more into the game and the pacy Stokes proved to be constant thorn in the side for our defenders. On the half hour mark, it took an excellent sliding interception by Sol Kempster to foil a great move in the Port box and a few minutes later, Stokes sent in a very good-looking shot from twenty yards, but fortunately for Port, it went straight into the grateful arms of Dylan Roberts. On forty two minutes, however, after creating several good attacking moves, the Albion were level when a fine cross by Carey on the left flank was headed home powerfully by Dan Evans. Quite the worst time to concede but it had been coming. One –all at the break.

The second half looked worrying even before it started as Port Keeper Roberts was replaced by his deputy and namesake Bradley Roberts due to an injury. Port tried to press forward but created very little in terms of clear chances with Albion often looking dangerous on the break and it took another well-timed block by Sol Kempster to foil a seemingly certain goal. On 55 minutes, Matty Jones got on the end of a pinpoint cross by Rhys but his close range shot went over both the keeper and, unfortunately, the crossbar. A bad miss, in truth, in the context of this game which yielded few clear chances for the visitors. On 57 minutes, however, Port were given the nearest thing to a lifeline when they were awarded another penalty, the reason for which was rather unclear. Up stepped Matty Jones again, but this time goalkeeper Williams read it correctly and pulled off a fine one-handed save diving to his right. To make matters worse, a few minutes later, Albion were ahead again when a high, deep cross completely evaded Bradley Roberts. Ben Davies rose high to place a fine header into the middle of the goal. There then followed a lengthy spell of pressure by Port and in the middle of it all, Albion left back Jones was shown the red card for a second bookable offence as he fouled Dewi Thomas. Port did well in terms of retaining a high degree of possession during the final quarter, but ultimately, we did not look a big threat when going forward, and in this respect, you have to say that Llandudno Albion deserved to go through to the next round .

Next Saturday, we return to league action when we visit Brymbo where we will have to play a whole lot better than this.

Porthmadog :- Dylan Roberts GK(Bradley Roberts (45`), Gareth Jones-Evans, Josh Banks(John Littlemore 71`), Stuart Rogers, Sol Kempster ,Dewi Thomas, Nathan Craig (Paul Lewis 52`), Rhys Alun, Matty Jones, Marcus Banks , Julian Williams. Eilyddion eraill / Unused Subs: Cian Pritchard. Craig Papirnyk.
Yellow card :- A. Winstanley (63`) (Assistant Manager Porthmadog

Llandudno Albion :- W. Williams(GK), R. Vaughan (L.Jones88`),C. Jones, D. Roberts, J. Lloyd,D. Evans, J. Jones, L. Smith (R.Jones 77`), L. Stokes, J.Carey (A. Marshall 68`) A. Hold.
Red card:- C. Jones(64`) Yellow:- J.Jones 58`

Dyfarnwr/Referee:- William Andrew Peel
Torf /Attendance :- N.A.

Treflyn Jones

9/10/21: Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin(Haen3)/ Ardal League North West (tier 3)
Noddwr/Sponsor:- Darlun, Porthmadog
Noddwr y bel / Match ball sponsor :- Pritchard and Griffiths , Tremadog.

CPD PORTHMADOG ....................... 0

DENBIGH TOWN .............................0

“Cometh the hour…..cometh the man!” and the man in question this afternoon was undoubtedly Port`s goalkeeper Dylan Roberts whose brace of fabulous first half saves, one of them from the penalty spot, ensured that this hard fought top of the table clash ended goalless, thus ensuring that Port remain top by a whisker.
Port started brightly as they so often do and as early as the fourth minute, missed a chance to open the scoring when Dewi Thomas found himself one on one with the keeper after a fine ball by Nathan Craig, but the keeper was out briskly to block his effort and a defender blocked Rhys Alun`s shot from the rebound. Indeed, Port were marginally on top for the opening twenty minutes, but this proved to be their only meaningful effort on target during the whole of the first period as they struggled to prise open a miserly Denbigh defence. Indeed as the first half progressed, it was the visitors who looked the more threatening outfit. On 28 minutes, Denbigh were awarded a penalty when a clever sortie into the Port box forced Ben Fisher to bring down the tricky Lee Davey. With hearts in their mouths, the Port supporters witnessed Jake Walker calmly striding in to take the spot kick. He duly blasted it hard and low to the keeper`s right but Dylan Roberts pulled off a remarkable save, parrying the ball out for a corner kick. “A moment to savour” as Cliff Morgan once said……..but not for the Denbigh supporters!.
Denbigh continued to probe with good passing movements and on 35 minutes, a clever one-two put M. Roberts ( I DO wish we could have full names on the app !) in a ‘must score’ situation and his blistering shot seemed deemed to hit the back of the net until Dylan again pulled off a truly wonderful save. HT:_0-0
The second half was barely a minute old when Port produced another half chance. Nathan Craig found Dewi Thomas with a fine pass down the left flank and his excellent cross was headed rather disappointingly off target by the hard-working Paul Lewis. Then, on 57 minutes, there occurred an incident which could have provided a turning point in the match. As Port pressed forward, John Littlemore was brought down and, a split-second later, William Holmes was adjudged to have stamped on him. Referee Arwyn Griffiths, without a glimmer of hesitation, showed the red card. Surely, this was now Port`s big chance to break the deadlock but it wasn`t to be. If anything, the second half petered out somewhat and it must be said that the absence of the creative duo of Julian Williams and Marcus Banks was sorely missed (enough said !) Moreover, credit must be given to Denbigh Town for defending well and for continuing to play positively up front.Port did have the ball in the net thanks to Rhys Alun who rounded the keeper before blasting home but was foiled by the unwelcome sight of the linesman`s flag.
It`s a long time since we last saw a goalless match at Y Traeth, but in the end, a draw was a fair result, and Denbigh , on this showing, will probably continue to be a hard nut to crack for the remainder of the season. The highest praise, however, is reserved for the unassuming but excellent Dylan Roberts, the man of the match by a country mile!
Next Saturday, Port will turn their attention to the League Cup when we visit Llandudno Albion. Daliwch i gredu!
Porthmadog :- Dylan Roberts(GK), Gareth Jones-Evans, James Morgan, Stuart Rogers, Sol Kempster ,Dewi Thomas (Cian Pritchard 93`), John Littlemore, Nathan Craig, Rhys Alun, Paul Lewis, Ben Fisher (Matty Jones 80`)
Unused subs: Craig Papirnyk (GK), Matthew Roberts, Callum Jones.
Yellow card :- Gareth Jones-Evans (76`)

Denbigh Town:- S. Griffiths(GK), S. Jones, W. Holmes, M. Barnett, S. Jones, K. Roberts, S. Tate, P. Fleming, Jake Walker (S. Jones), M. Roberts, L. Davey (M.Morris 62`)
Unused subs: Leigh Craven, Jacob Barratt, Kristian Pierce
Red card:- William Holmes (58`), Yellow :- Moses Barnett (11`)

Dyfarnwr/Referee:- Arwyn Griffiths
Torf /Attendance :- 322

Treflyn Jones

(2/10/21) Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin(Haen3) / Ardal League North West (tier 3)
Noddwr / Match Sponsor: TANRONNEN INN, Beddgelert
Noddwr y Bêl / Match Ball Sponsor: Winnie Jones, Penmorfa.

CPD PORTHMADOG ................... 5
Paul Lewis 3, 38,
Julian Williams 21,
Rhys Alun 45,
Marcus Banks 79`

RHOSTYLLEN .................................1
L. McBurney 82`

It`s tough at the top! Following last Saturday`s win at St.Asaph, Port went top of the league for the first time this season. However, Denbigh Town did us no favours on Friday night (1/10/21) when they beat visitors Saltney Town 4-2, meaning that Denbigh were on the top spot at the start of today`s game. Thus, today`s game, just like all the others in truth, became a “must win” affair.

Only three minutes had elapsed when Port, with their first meaningful attack, went ahead as a well-floated corner by Stuart Rogers was superbly headed into the corner of the net by Paul Lewis as he out-jumped the Rhostyllen defence. Shortly after, Rhostyllen came fairly close to an equalizer when Aykroyd Ducket was put through on goal but he was driven wide by the covering Nathan Craig and his tame effort was easily gathererd by Dylan Roberts. On thirteen minutes, a penetrating pass by Craig was headed on to the target by Rhys Alun but Christie pulled off a great save diving full length to his left. Then, on the 20` mark, Julian Williams` free header at the far post from a deep cross by Paul Lewis was again parried to safety. A minute later, however and Julian Williams made it 2-0 to Port after the ball bounced off the keeper from a Rhys Alun effort and Julian tapped home into the empty net from the edge of the box. Christie pulled off another great save after 28 minutes from a John Littlemore piledriver but Port went 3-0 up when a deep cross by Nathan Craig was headed in by Paul Lewis to complete a very fine double. Then, on the stroke of half time, the dominant home team made it 4-0. Marcus Banks put Rhys Alun through on goal and with the Rhostyllen defenders standing still as they waited in vain for an off-side flag, Rhys calmly placed the ball beyond Christie into the net. Half time.4-0 to Port. .

The second half was a relatively disappointing affair, not helped by the driving rain in fairness. Rhostyllen, to their credit raised their game considerably and gained a lot more possession than in the first period. They also created a few half-chances. One of these was a fine long distance effort by substitute S.Jones which was well held by Dylan Roberts from under the cross-bar. In truth, when Port`s fifth goal arrived, it was somewhat against the run of play and, defensively, it was an unfortunate goal for the visitors to concede.Nathan Craig sent Julian Williams off on a great run down the left wing and his deep left foot cross was met by a fine volley by Marcus Banks which was spilt by Christie when he seemed to have it well covered. 5-0 to Port. On 82` minutes, however, the visitors earned a deserved consolation when a corner from the left was spilt by Dylan Roberts and McBurney was on hand to tap home. The final score then was 5-1 to Port at the end of a solid performance under very difficult conditions. .

Next Saturday, we face a real “six-pointer” when we welcome the as yet unbeaten Denbigh Town to Y Traeth. Yes, it will be 1st v 2nd and we must get a favourable result from it.

Porthmadog :- Dylan Roberts(GK), Gareth Jons-Evans, Josh Banks(Sol Kempster 58`), James Morgan, Stuart Rogers, John Littlemore, Nathan Craig, Marcus Banks, Rhys Alun (Ben Fisher 71`),Julian Williams, Paul Lewis (Cian Pritchard 66`. Eilyddion / Unused subs: Brad Roberts (GK), Callum Jones
Yellow card :- James Morgan.

Rhostyllen:- L. Christie, A. Hughes ( S. Chesters 66`), R. Richards, A. Williams, D. Jones, J.Garner (S. Jones 67`), W. Nevitt, L. Mc Burney,T. Douglas (A. Bithell 65`), Aykroyd-Ducket , S. Allman
Yellow card:- A. Williams

Dyfarnwr/Referee:-William Andrew Peel
Torf /Attendance :- 115

Treflyn Jones

25/08/21 Cynghrair Ardal Gogledd-Orllewin(Haen3)/ Ardal League North West (tier 3)

ST ASAPH CITY ……………………………… 3
Andy Booker 6'
Liam Grayson 19', 46'

CPD PORTHMADOG …………………………8
Rhys Alun 10'
Paul Lewis 28'
John Littlemore 33'
James Morgan 36'
Marcus Banks 53'
Sol Kempster 78'
Julian Williams 79'
Cian Pritchard 88'

A prominent feature of the Ardal Leagues is the picturesque nature of many of its grounds and Roe Plas Meadows is certainly one of those with the inspiring sight of a turret of the 6th century St. Asaph cathedral peeping prettily over the ground just above the treeline.

As for today`s game, it will be remembered as a thoroughly entertaining game which yielded eleven goals scored by ten different players. One wonders whether this will stand out as a record at the end of the season. .

Port started rather sluggishly and the home team opened the scoring on six minutes from a corner on the left which was headed across from the back post to the near where Andy Booker was waiting to head home. A well-worked goal and 1-0 to the Citizens. Three minutes later, Port came close to finding an equalizer when a Julian Williams drive was parried by keeper Jones and Rhys Alun`s follow up shot was just wide of the mark. A minute later and Port were level when Rhys Alun latched on to a weak attempted clearance and calmly sidefooted the ball along the deck into the corner. 1-1.Shortly thereafter, the same player impressively beat two defenders with pace and unleashed a tremendous shot which crashed against the crossbar.Then, on nineteen minutes St. Asaph produced another well-worked goal when, after Ifan Emlyn lost possession on the edge of the hosts` box, the ball was relayed to the left flank and a pin-point cross by the pacy Williams was put away with a determined sliding shot by Liam Grayson. 2-1 to St.Asaph. .

There followed a ten minute passage of pressure on the St.Asaph goal before Paul Lewis kept his composure to crash a close range left footer home over the keeper to make it all square at 2-2. At last, Port appeared to have regained their rhythm after a somewhat tentative start in which too many passes went astray and shortly after the half-hour mark, the visitors were ahead for the first time in the match when, after a patient interchange of passes between Ifan Emlyn and Marcus Banks on the edge of the box, the ball found John Littlemore who, with his back to goal, turned smartly and lifted the ball high over the keeper to find the target just under the crossbar.2-3 in Port`s favour. Three minutes later and the ding –dong first half almost produced a spectacular equalizer for the hosts when a 25 yard thunderbolt by Dan Williams was magnificently saved by Dylan Roberts diving full-length to his right. However, it was Port who had the last say in an incident packed first half when James Morgan got on the end of a free header from close range from a Paul Lewis corner. 4-2 to Port then at half –time. .

The second half was barely two minutes old when Jason Foulkes outpaced Josh Banks down the right wing and his great cross was headed home with unerring accuracy and power by Liam Grayson to complete a fine double for the afternoon. 3-4 and much more to come! This goal stung both teams into determined action but it was Port who scored next with a well-placed header by Marcus Banks from a cross by John Littlemore after excellent work by Ifan Emlyn on the right flank. Ifan Emlyn then blazed wide with a left-footer when well-placed to score and a far post header by Julian Williams went narrowly wide. On 78 minutes, however, Port made it 6-3 with a thumping, marvellously controlled low volley by substitute Sol Kempster when the ball fell to him from a great height off a City defender. Next, it was Julian Williams` turn making it seven with a lovely well-placed left-footed drive into the corner of the net.7-3 now, and on 88` minutes, 16 year old Port lad Cian Pritchard (substitute) scored his maiden first team goal to cap off a fine interchange of passes with James Morgan to the delight of his team-mates and the travelling Port faithful. .

The game ended 8-3 to Port. The victory was well-deserved with Port showing just that extra bit of quality, although the final scoreline very slightly flattered us in the end. The win places Port on top of the league whilst St.Asaph, rather surprisingly on this showing, find themselves rooted to the bottom. Many congratulations to today`s three substitutes for Port, with all three of them being reserve team regulars.... But not for long! Ardderchog, hogia. Daliwch ati! .

Next Saturday, Port will welcome Rhostyllen to Y Traeth in a re-arranged league encounter. .

Porthmadog :- Dylan Roberts(GK), Ben Fisher(Mathew Roberts 82`), Josh Banks , Gareth Jones-Evans,James Morgan, , Ifan Emlyn (Sol Kempster 75`), John Littlemore (Cian Pritchard 65`),Marcus Banks, Rhys Alun, Julian Williams, Paul Lewis. .

St. Asaph City:- L. Jones (GK), C. Lyons (A. Brewerton 45`), D.Williams, A. Parsonage, L.Jones, E. Blench, L.Grayson,J.Williams,J.Foulkes, C. Murphy, A. Booker (C. Murray 74`).

Dyfarnwr/Referee:-Stephen Jones
Torf /Attendance :- 60

Treflyn Jones


Noddwr / Sponsor: TANRONNENN INN Beddgelert
Y Bêl / Match Ball: Bleddyn Evans Nefyn Trydanwr / Electrician

CPD PORTHMADOG ……………………………… 5
John Littlemore 4'
Marcus Banks 12', 48, 58'(p)
Paul Lewis 72'

Owen Jones 64’

“Who dares wins”. This afternoon, Port, as is their custom, dared to play their usual one-touch passing game so beloved of the Traeth faithful and such an approach paid off generously. However, the outstanding feature of the game for many will be an excellent hat-trick achieved by the promising and daring Marcus Banks.

Port were quickly into their stride against unfamiliar opposition and took the lead on a mere four minutes. A long ball by Nathan Craig was chased with great determination by John Littlemore and although his initial shot was well saved by the onrushing Griffiths in goal, he made no mistake with the rebound to score his first competitive goal of the season. 1-0 Port.

A minute later, a good-looking left footer from just outside the box from Ifan Emlyn went narrowly past the post. Then, a jinking run by Rhys Alun, evading three defenders, culminated in a shot into the side netting.On 12 minutes, however, Port doubled their advantage when Marcus Banks coolly lifted the ball into the roof of the net following a cross by Nathan Craig. This was followed by Rhys Alun blazing over the bar when he could probably have brought the ball down before shooting from close range. On the stroke of half time, Marcus Banks produced a splendid diving header which was superbly parried over the bar by the keeper. Port had a very generous share of possession for nearly all the half, although Brickfield grew more and more into the game as the half wore on and came close to scoring on two occasions with a couple of half chances from just outside the box. Half time……2-0 Port.

The second half was barely three minutes old when Port made the game safe. A well-placed cross by Stuart Rogers presented Marcus Banks with a header from virtually on the goal-line. 3-0 Port. On 56`, a bullet header by Josh Banks from a Paul Lewis corner went narrowly over the crossbar. Two minutes later, Port were awarded a penalty when a Port attacker was brought down with only the keeper to beat. Up stepped Marcus Banks to score past Griffiths outstretched right hand and send himself into Hat-Trick Heaven. 4-0 Port.

Shortly thereafter, we were treated to the best goal of the game from Brickfield`s Owen Jones as he sent a daisy cutter into the corner of the net, leaving Dylan Roberts in the Port goal with no chance following an assist from substitute Ozlu. A superb goal and an absolute masterclass in how to shoot low past the keeper. 4-1.

The scoring for the afternoon was completed on 72 minutes when Paul Lewis worked himself into a good position to score after two bites at the cherry. An entertaining game in which both teams attempted to play attractive football and the scoreline was a fair reflection of Port`s superiority on the day.

Next Saturday, we shall again be in league action when we travel to strugglers St. Asaph City who today earned a creditable draw at Felinheli. Be there or be square!

Porthmadog :- Dylan Roberts(GK), Ben Fisher (G. Jones-Evans 57`), Josh Banks, James Morgan , Stuart Rogers (Lewys Turner 57`), John Littlemore (C. O`Hara 81`)Ifan Emlyn, Nathan Craig, Marcus Banks (Guto Gruffudd 88`),, Rhys Alun, Paul Lewis. Sub not used :-B. Roberts (GK)

Brickfield Rangers :- J. Griffiths(GK), M. Derosa,(H. Massey 57`), C. Dixon, A. Jones, Silva Neto, Lima Teixeira,O.Jones,A. Vale, N/A !!, L. Parry.(H.Ozlu 50`) Unused Sub:- H.Cook

Dyfarnwr / Referee: Arwyn Griffiths
Torf / Attendance:- 181

Treflyn Jones

11/09/21 Tlws Amatur CBDC Rd 4 / FAW Amateur Trophy Rd 4

CEFN ALBION ………………………………2
Alex Williams 50’, 65’

CPD PORTHMADOG ……………………..0

Our visit to The Crick, Brymbo FC will not live in the memory for Port supporters; as a match lacking in quality and chances went the way of a tough Cefn Albion side for whom Alex Williams scored twice in the space of 15 second half minutes.

The Albion, holders of the FAW Trophy, entered the 5th Round of this year’s competition while Port exited a Cup competition for the second successive weekend and their attention will now need to turn to making significant progress in the League.

The match started quite evenly without either goalkeeper being tested, but gradually Port had more possesion but with chances few and far between. On 16 minutes Matty Jones had an effort from the edge of the box well saved by Albion goalkeeper Josh Roberts. Dylan Roberts pulled off a superb save from an Alex Williams shot on 25 minutes. On 34 minutes a Josh Banks effort, from an Ifan Emlyn cross, went just past the post and a Sol Kempster header went agonisingly close. The 1st half finished with more chances for Cian Pritchard, -the 16 year-old making his first start for the senior team- Matty Jones and John Littlemore, but on the stroke of half time Albion came closest to scoring with an effort from Callum Mannion who struck the bar
0-0 half time.

Cefn Albion came out for the 2nd half on the front foot and took the lead on 50 minutes as Alex Williams scored from close range and was on target again on 65 minutes as he spun round and shot into the far corner. James Morgan was forced off with an injury and replaced by Matthew Roberts on 74 minutes. On 88 minutes John Littlemore had a shot fumbled by the Albion goalkeeper and from the resulting corner Albion nearly scored an own goal but it wasn’t to be Port's day.
Best of luck to Cefn Albion in the next round.

We are back in league action next Saturday as we host Brickfield Rangers at Y Traeth k.o.2.30pm. Hopefully we will by then see some of the 8 senior players missing today, for a variety of reasons, back in the matchday squad.

Porthmadog: D.Roberts, J.Banks, J.Morgan (M.Roberts), S. Kempster, I.Emlyn, C. Pritchard, M.Jones, J.Littlemore, M.Banks, J.Williams, P.Lewis.
Eilyddion / Unused subs: B.Roberts, C.Papirnyk, J.McDaid, G.J.Evans
Yellow cards: Julian Williams 27'

Cefn Albion: J.Roberts, J.Valentine, J.Williams (D.Gibbins), N.Williams, N.Jones, J.Millington, R.Kershaw, K.Morris, M.Latham, C.Mannion, A.Williams.
Eilyddion / Unused Subs: T.Gunson, J.Jones, T.Wilkinson.
Cardiau Melyn / Yellow cards: Jordan Williams 27'

Dyfarnwr / Referee: Graham Hannah

Dylan Rees


Cysylltwch â ni / Contact us